• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gavin Moore (Demon's Souls Remake Creative Director): "There are no difficulty options in Demon's Souls, and there shouldn't be."

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

vpance

They need to make black world tendency easier to maintain, or a joining BWT server only option.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I was shocked at how easy the game was with a mage build. i only played the first level and i remember having what seemed like infinite mana and i was just killing everyone with one hit spells from far away.

i think the lack of checkpoints is what triggers people into thinking these are hard games, but if you know how to unlock shortcuts back to bonfires, these are very easy games.

yes, the bosses can be hard but you can easily cheese them with multiple NPCs or online coop summons. these games are super easy.

I was shocked at how easy the game was with a mage build. i only played the first level and i remember having what seemed like infinite mana and i was just killing everyone with one hit spells from far away.

i think the lack of checkpoints is what triggers people into thinking these are hard games, but if you know how to unlock shortcuts back to bonfires, these are very easy games.

yes, the bosses can be hard but you can easily cheese them with multiple NPCs or online coop summons. these games are super easy.
The genius of Soulsborne design is that Miyazaki always puts in a way to cheese his bosses, so you CAN beat them once you've found a working cheese. After this many games, I don't believe it could possibly be coincidental that every boss has a known cheese tactic.

Senua

Same.

But if the challenge is making me sweat in my chair and I have to take a break and calm myself after every boss battle it's not fun.

To each their own though.
Damn I guess I don't get that engrossed as you, actually sounds pretty cool tbh. intense!

FunkMiller

Same.

But if the challenge is making me sweat in my chair and I have to take a break and calm myself after every boss battle it's not fun.

To each their own though.

Fair play to you 👍

You‘ve made a sensible decision to not play a game you feel will be too hard or too much for you, instead of bitching and moaning about it like some other people do.

These games don’t have to be for everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom