• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garden Simulator - Official Announcement Trailer

tronied

Not that I'd ever buy this but it looks really restrictive in terms of what you can / can't do :messenger_confused: Couple of basic hedges, paths and plants. Mowing your lawn and that's about it!?

If I were going to create one of these I'd use the Frontier (Planet Coaster / Planet Zoo) approach where you can raise / lower soil, go to town on trees, lakes, water features, statues and ornaments to create the garden of your dreams. Sure, most people don't have gardens of that size but games are supposed to free us from that reality. From that trailer, it just looks really uninspired and boring.

Kuranghi

It would be funny if you could just neglect the garden and let it fall into disrepair and then it changes into another genre where you start getting in arguments with the wife and end up killing her with a rusty rake. Then it becomes a game about concealing your increasing horrific crimes.

Live long enough...

Original air date: January 11, 1998

MDM6QfO.png

CeeJay

butwhy.gif

It's not even any good as a garden design tool because it's way too restrictive. The assets for this are going to be really generic with probably only a few steps of growth for each plant and where all plants of the same variety look identical. If it realistically simulated the growth over time using some fancy AI that gave you a unique specimen then I could see it being of some value but it won't be will it. It will be similar to planting trees in Minecraft where one day its a sapling and then the next its 100ft tall! I am sure there are genuinely people without access to do real life gardening who would get some value out of a virtual one but this is not going to scratch that itch. Then again, i don't understand how there is a market for job simulators that depict work that any average person would be able to do irl. Sure, i kinda get the appeal of something like construction simulator or bus driver simulator as it give someone the chance to try some wholesome blue collar work that they wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity to try. But, unless you live in the middle of a desert you can easily find some casual gardening. Even if you don't own one yourself you can easily volunteer at a community garden or even commit a minor crime and get community service pulling up weeds!

Skifi28

It would be funny if you could just neglect the garden and let it fall into disrepair and then it changes into another genre where you start getting in arguments with the wife and end up killing her with a rusty rake. Then it becomes a game about concealing your increasing horrific crimes.
Sounds like a great DLC pack.

CeeJay

Sounds like a great DLC pack.
You just know that the DLC is going to be selling virtual varieties that cost more than the actual real life plant would. Or even worse, Japanese Knotweed DLC, paying to have the things popup everywhere!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Garden Simulator - relax, sit back and build up your dream garden! Garden Simulator offers relaxing gameplay in a wonderful piece of nature. PLANT - DESIGN - HARVEST - With Garden Simulator you’ll get your own allotment, place deco elements and cultivate plants to harvest and sell them. Get ready for a beautiful time in nature. Always remember: A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.

Top Bottom