• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garbage - Strange Little Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sixth album by Garbage, Strange Little Birds, releases on June 10th, but is already available to stream on Apple Music. The track list is:

1. Sometimes
  2. Empty
  3. Blackout
  4. If I Lost You
  5. Night Drive Loneliness
  6. Even Though Our Love Is Doomed
  7. Magnetized
  8. We Never Tell
  9. So We Can Stay Alive
  10. Teaching Little Fingers To Play
  11. Amends

What do you folks think?

Kain

What the hell, I just heard on the radio that on the 10th there is a new album!!!! No gaffers listen to Garbage or what?

Day fucking one.

RetroGreg

I haven't streamed it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Hope I get a chance to see them live touring for the album.

Haven't been impressed with the singles. I'm sure I'll go through the usual cycle, though. Resent the new Garbage album for not being ST or 2.0, a few years later realize it's actually really solid, and by then it's almost time for a new album to resent.

Kain

Haven't been impressed with the singles. I'm sure I'll go through the usual cycle, though. Resent the new Garbage album for not being ST or 2.0, a few years later realize it's actually really solid, and by then it's almost time for a new album to resent.

It sounds like the Zelda cycle. Except for BG, nobody likes that.

Valonquar

They will be in Charlotte, NC next month. Can't wait. They were awesome last time I saw them in Richmond, VA.

I've listened to it a ton the past two days, going from hating it initially to thinking it is amazing. As of now, I think it is among their finest work, certainly better than the last two albums. Unlike Not Your Kind of People, the songs on Strange Little Birds have depth and don't all sound flat. I don't much care for Empty, I really hate the lyrics of Night Drive Loneliness, and We Never Tell is repetitive with an awful performance by Shirley, but the rest is gold. Initially, the "I'm a big girl now, I'm all grown up" turned me off of Teaching Little Fingers to Play, but it's definitely my favorite on the album now. So good!

Been listening to it all week on Apple Music, it's quite good. My favorite Garbage album since beautifulgarbage. It has also been getting decent reviews from what I've seen so far.

While it doesn't live up to Version 2.0, there are a few songs that do sound very Version 2.0-like. Even Though Our Love Is Doomed is by far my favorite track on the album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpcdAR9ij0

Shizuka

Now that the album has been released, I'm quite fond of it. I think it's ahead of Not Your Kind of People, but I'm not sure it's a fair comparison to compare it to the older albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom