• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: Scorn Will Take 6-8 Hours to Complete, No Photo Mode Included

Ozriel

M$FT
10 years for 6 hours and trailers look the same for years... oh man.
Anyway - I will for sure play this

The studio was founded only 9 years ago, and the game didn’t start full development until 2015 after failing to raise money with Kickstarter earlier. Still struggled to raise money via Kickstarter again, before finally securing funding.

It’s just 10 full time developers working there. And they had to deal with the impact of the pandemic.

It’s their first game, and they struggled to get the cash to make it. Cut them some slack.

Three

Yikes, as a word, has become synonymous with disingenuous drive by console warriors for me. Every time you see this shit, it's one of these drive by console warriors taking any opportunity they can to make a cowardly little jab at whatever side they don't like in a way that can't necessarily be explicitly called console warring as it's too general. You just know when someone uses that phrase they're only interested in disparaging something and they have no interest in discourse or discussion.

Just a little thing I've noted several times now. Lots of posters on this forum legitimately never make a post of note or worth, just these types of little drive by jab posts. Kind of pathetic.
He plays on PC so you're way off base.

vj27

Banned
Long as it’s 6 hour minimum. I finish games suuuuper slowly but even I know when a game is short. Not just because of work I just like reading all the little notebooks an shit for the lore. Infinite took me like 20+ just because I kept trying to find everything when I could’ve finished that game in half the time. Same with Metroid dread it’s kept trying to explore everything and get all the power ups. Good games entice you to do that, Long as the world is interesting and immersive I’m good.

vj27

Banned
So it’ll take me 15-20. I have to look in every corner and crevice.
Facts lol glad I’m not the only one who plays games like this. Hell even shit like Mario Odyssey took me “years” cuz I just kept tryna to find stars and other shit lol.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yikes, as a word, has become synonymous with disingenuous drive by console warriors for me. Every time you see this shit, it's one of these drive by console warriors taking any opportunity they can to make a cowardly little jab at whatever side they don't like in a way that can't necessarily be explicitly called console warring as it's too general. You just know when someone uses that phrase they're only interested in disparaging something and they have no interest in discourse or discussion.

Just a little thing I've noted several times now. Lots of posters on this forum legitimately never make a post of note or worth, just these types of little drive by jab posts. Kind of pathetic.
Yikes.

Arachnid

6-8 hours? Jesus fkn Christ, I've been waiting for this game for 8 years!

Perfect length for a horror game. Keep the 6 to 8 hours games coming. Alien Isolation should’ve aimed for this instead of the 24 hours Le Mans swamp that it is.
God no. Alien Isolation's length was perfect. Give me more 12-20 hour horror games like AI, Dead Space 1/2, TLOU2, The Evil Within 1/2, and RE4. I'm tired of waiting years for horror games only to finish them in 1-2 sittings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom