• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: 8 Things Sony Are Doing Wrong With The PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's amazing to look back at this year and Sony's initial showcase of the PS5 with its upcoming games. Microsoft was lambasted for hyping up games that were years away from launch while Halo Infinite failed to really impress with its gameplay demo (before the subsequent delay).

Sony was in the proverbial driver's seat and even in its second showcase event, it had some pretty big announcements and reveals. Unfortunately, it's only brought to light the numerous missteps that have been made with the PS5 along the way. Let's take a look at some of them here.

diffusionx

Gold Member
1. Pre Orders Debacle
2. No PS4 to PS5 upgrade for Marvels Spiderman
3. No standalone Spiderman PS5 remastered
4. Cross gen saves confusion
5. No DS4 support on PS5
6. No Create button details
7. No UI reveal
8. Microtransactions in $70 first-party titles

Does any of this matter? They sold every single console they can make, and some of this stuff will be revealed sooner or later.

I also really don't get the outrage over Spiderman.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
1. Pre Orders Debacle
5. No DS4 support on PS5
7. No UI reveal

giphy.gif

LordOfChaos

1. Pre Orders Debacle
5. No DS4 support on PS5
7. No UI reveal

Many of these are either wrong or obviously still coming.

There is DS4 support on the PS5, but it's only to play PS4 games, because the DualSense has legitimately new features that PS5 games are required to support. Given that it comes with one I was never terribly fussed about this, but I haven't done much local multiplayer.

UI reveal is obviously coming. Create button details are obviously coming, and can generally be assumed to launch you into more of a creation studio rather than just take a screenshot or video.

There's only been, afaik, one game, or a few, that said with an upgrade you couldn't use cross save? Other devs chimed in and said you could on their games. I would assume a sane outcome here and it's just specific to that developer.

Top Bottom