• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming moments that you remember to this day.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
tumblr_nhkfa1fFgf1txcfsmo1_500.gif

There's too many memorable moments, I'll go back to Ocarina of Time which is a proven powerhouse, basically full of moments.

Being introduced to Midna was a big moment

tumblr_nccruoaHSC1runiejo2_500.gif

and she tries to guide you through twilight realms, temples etc. I like how they get Midna involved and she and does a fine job in her role.

giphy.gif

I remember seeing that big guy during a pandemic year that dude is huge dare I say Colossus...

KungFucius

King Snowflake
  • Pretty much every time you go to a new zone in Elden Ring and look out into the horizon
  • Elden Ring's Ranni Questline - The whole thing was a masterclass including the Siofra Well prologue
2 items from a 1 week old game that you still remember to this day? Really.

This thread was not really meant to be a fucking Elden Ring gushing thread, but about things that were impressive and stood the test of time. 10 days doesn't really mean shit, but fanboys need to continuously praise and will do so for years.

My key memories are

Phantasy Star II - This was the first JRPG I ever played and I got sucked into the story. The death of Nei and the ending stuck with me and made me a JRPG fan to this day, though I don't enjoy ones with teenager plots anymore.

Super Mario World - Powering up the SNES after loving the NES was great for 13 year old me. Probably where I started getting into electronics.

MGS 2. Switching to Ryden was such a well concealed trick. It was great even though I felt a little angry.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
- KOTOR flasback cutscene when Revan takes off his mask.
- F.E.A.R. that ladder scene..
- Clive Barker's Undying the mirror scene
- ES: Oblivion reaching the Imperial city.

2 items from a 1 week old game that you still remember to this day? Really.

This thread was not really meant to be a fucking Elden Ring gushing thread, but about things that were impressive and stood the test of time. 10 days doesn't really mean shit, but fanboys need to continuously praise and will do so for years.

My key memories are

Phantasy Star II - This was the first JRPG I ever played and I got sucked into the story. The death of Nei and the ending stuck with me and made me a JRPG fan to this day, though I don't enjoy ones with teenager plots anymore.

Super Mario World - Powering up the SNES after loving the NES was great for 13 year old me. Probably where I started getting into electronics.

MGS 2. Switching to Ryden was such a well concealed trick. It was great even though I felt a little angry.

I am sorry I didn't meet your expectations. I think Super Mario World and MGS 2 had memorable moments, too. Good choices.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 Ending

Opening the doors at start of Dark Souls 3 only to be amazed by the castle

Overlooking the cliff for the first time in Dark Souls 3 and looking over Irythill.

Elden Ring looking over Lyndell Royal Capital for the first time.

Bloodborne arriving at the Castlevania level.

World of Warcraft entering Stormwind for the first time.

Trying to play Diablo 3 only to be greeted with error 37.

Installing Mass Effect 2 on my PC and hearing the awesome them3 music from the installer.

Listening to the awesome soundtrack in Mass Effect 2 and taking in the atmosphere in The Wards.

World of Warcraft questing in Dun Morogh as a hunter which was my first town in vanilla WoW and being completely sucked in.

Earning my first platinum during the PS4 Era which was Knack.

Earning the platinum trophy for Evil Within 2 on Decemeber 31st at 11:59 PM in 2017 right before 2018 came in.

Seeing the Hydra in Dark Souls 1 for the first time.

Final Fantasy X being the first PS2 game I've ever played along with State of Emergency when I was 11 years old.

How awesome and scary Condemned was at the launch of Xbox 360.

Playing the original Gears of War for the first time.

I have many more lol

Umbasaborne

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking to this guy for the first time when i was at the end of mass effect in early 2008. Cemented this game as my favorite of all timr

Dorago

• Here's a few:
  • Seeing The Legend of Zelda for the first time. Huge revelation having only played Galaga and Atari Combat before that.
  • Seeing a transformation screen in Altered Beast for the first time.
  • Seeing the first Chozo statue come to life in Super Metroid.
  • Seeing Wing Commander III on a neighbor's $5000 computer setup.
  • Playing the Final Fantasy VII demo for the first time.
  • Playing Ocarina of Time for the first time... in 2005
  • Playing my first game on my first PC, Portal. Perfect game to learn KBM controls with.
  • Playing Nier and having the sun get blotted out in the village.
  • Getting lost in Minecraft and needing to make a new base.
  • Seeing the "here's to you" trailer for Phantom Pain for the first time.
  • ..and many more

Modrot

Playing through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with my mother.

Playing Metroid and Super Metroid for the first time.

Metroid Prime 1 being the amazing game it is.

Trading Pokemon with friends and classmates during and after school.

Being lost in Vivec City in Morrowind.

Hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours in Morrowind and Oblivion.

The unfathomable amount of hours I dumped into Gran Turismo 3 and 5.

SNAKEEEE EATTEEEERRRRR.

Playing through Bloodborne and realizing it was a better Lovecraftian horror media than basically everything else I've experienced.

Finishing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and remembering why I love this medium.

NanaMiku

The first time you enter into the world map on Ar Tonelico II and see "The Tower" and the overworld theme hits you.

so many memories of the entire game come flooding back whenever I hear this, still to this day I think back on this title with extreme fondness, while GUST have made a small name for themselves these days in the west with there alchemist series I still dont think they have made a better game than Ar Tonelico II, certainty not in terms of a grand adventure.

Finally, found another Ar tonelico player lol

this mission in Ace Combat 5 still made me tear

Top Bottom