• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming in the Military: Recommend me some good emulator, console and, power packs

What console(s) would you recommend for gaming in the military?

1. I would like to play my GBA games on the go.

2. Internet is scarce, so I want some offline games. I like playstation.

3. I need a small monitor of television that easy to fit in a suitcase for quick travels.

4. What's a good backup backup that can charge, store and play on for a couple hours

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I used my 3DS all the time when I'd travel for C-schools if they were short schools. Longer schools I'd bring a laptop with some emulators. When on a ship, I'd get a little 15 inch tv, super velcro'd to the end of my rack and then velcro'd my systems to the wall next to the TV and that worked super well. Just be sure that your roomies aren't shit-bags and won't steal your shit, or just unvelcro the shit and lock it up when not in use. I never had the problem with theft, but it's not to say it doesn't happen.

Nowadays, for schools, if I was still in I'd just take a Nintendo Switch for travel and the velcro setup mentioned earlier if on a ship.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
I recommend the surface go with a controller. You can emulate more than just gba games, is a windows device and the size is perfect for a backpack.

This screen scales to GBA games perfectly. And I use an external battery to give to make it last even longer. It's also fine for PSX games and I'm.currently going though Silent Hill on it.

I recommend one of these for your console. They run about $300ish. TV and a suitcase for your console to travel.

MYvUOJn.jpg

For a battery pack maybe something like this depending on if your OK with its 23 pound weight. You can probably game a good 10 hours plus on a charge. Can charge with a solar panel as an option too. You'll be popular with your squad with this setup.
Thanks for your service .
H0eib2E.png

TwiztidElf

The Abernic suggestion above is a good choice.
I don't own one of those myself so I'm not sure about the Abernic, but I have a Retroid Pocket 2 and there is a bit of stuffing around with RetroArch configuration and the like.
If you'd prefer plug and play, can deal with a small dedicated console and have display devices you can plug into, you can't go wrong with the Super Console X Pro (with an 8bitdo controller and wireless receiver).

Last edited:
Top Bottom