• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming headset comfortable for office work

Malakhov

Banned
I'm looking for a gaming headset, or headphones with a mic, that are comfortable to wear all day (7 hours) and that i can also use for gaming.

I tried small office headsets just for work and they just arent comfortable for me. I also tried a razer blackshark v2 pro since it's on every website as top headset but i have pain behind the left ear after 2-3 hours because i think they're too tight. Guess I have a big head.

Any recommandations? I had the steelseries p7 in the past but i dont remember them hurting but i never had them on for a full day so im not sure..

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I know this is technically not what you asked, but here it goes...

Over the years I have owned some of the "best" gaming headsets money can buy, including bundles which had sound cards specifically made for that set of cans...

And while they where fantastic I can state one common flaw I have had with every headset, no matter if it was Razor, Sennheiser, Logitech or Steelseries. The Mic always breaks.

The absolute best thing you can ever do is buy something like the Hyper X Quadcast standing mic. Then you can pair it with any regular comfortable pair of headphones from a brand without worry of mic quality or when the arm is going to break. Its a little bit more expensive, but once you have the standing mic chances are you will not replace it anywhere near as often as a headset and thus massively increases the range of high quality, comfortable headsets you can use. Obviously this limits USB headsets however again this can be solved with an external DAC I got a headset stand with a DAC built in and it works wonders.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Hundreds of options, the only person that can answer that question is you.
Not really, i cant try douzains of headsets. Plus some stores like bestbuy wont accept returns if opened because of covid. Ive already tried and returned 3 headsets from amazon so far.

_SAKY_

Not sure what the availability in then is these days as they are a few years old now, but my Logitech G533 headsets are super comfortable. I've been using them for work for 3 years and I wear them for hours at a time....can't recall ever having an issue with long stretches.

CitizenZ

Banned
Not really, i cant try douzains of headsets. Plus some stores like bestbuy wont accept returns if opened because of covid. Ive already tried and returned 3 headsets from amazon so far.
But everyone has their own sense of comfort. Everyone can recommend what they like but until you try it , its your choice of comfort. My advice, don't always assume the most expensive is the best.

Malakhov

Banned
But everyone has their own sense of comfort. Everyone can recommend what they like but until you try it , its your choice of comfort. My advice, don't always assume the most expensive is the best.
I seem to have a big head, so im trying to find models that are on the larger side. Not really something I can just guess so i'm hoping to find someone with a big head as well for advice

I tried to put the blackshark v2s a few nights on a cardboard box to stretch them, but still too tight.

Sennheiser 500 series meets the bill for comfort (599/598 models). Research the audio cable because some aren’t the standard 3.5mm Jack. Sound bleed is awful but if you’re not in close proximity to anyone else, they’ll do the trick.

They don’t have a mic but I recommend getting a stand-alone if you can, like a Yeti Snowball or something. Otherwise you should be in the market for a wireless headset (I prefer Steelseries).

Drizzlehell

Banned
I recently bought that PS5 headset and I can honestly say that it's the most comfortable pair of headphones I ever owned. I can spend an entire day gaming with these things on my head and barely notice that they're there.

Kumomeme

I love them, they're so comfy - i just bought them and recommend them as well!
not to mention it pretty good for blocking outside noise.

214.jpg

joke aside, it is indeed working well.

MikeM

I have Arctis 7X headset and they are comfy. They have lower end models if you don’t want to spend that much but Arctis is known for comfort.

Top Bottom