• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Top 10 Best Star Wars Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If you’ve got a hankering to play a game set in a galaxy far, far away then this video is for you, young Padawan. From Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order to Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic to Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, here are the 10 best Star Wars games you’ve got to play.

0:00 - Introduction
0:14 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (2003)
1:13 - Star Wars: TIE Fighter
2:12 - Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
3:16 - Star Wars: The Old Republic
4:15 - Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
4:57 - Star Wars" Battlefront II (2017)
5:56 - Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series
6:59 - Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order
8:07 - Star Wars: Squadrons
9:05 - Star Wars: Republic Commando Remastered
9:52 - Outro

nush

Gold Member
Battlefront II (2017)

OIP-C.qFYYjcMMQX1kJ0q9WpaRvwHaDa

Scotty W

I recall PC Gamer calling Jedi Knight the best game of all time shortly after release. Now, it doesn’t even warrant a mention on the list of best Star Wars games.

Man 2000-2010 was the golden age of Star Wars games. My personal favorites are the two KoToR games and Force Unleashed 1 (2 had better combat but was significantly worse in every other regard). But Republic Commando, Battlefront 2 (the real one), and Jedi Academy are really solid too.

Have all of them on the Series X in 4K. I even heard the Movie tie in game for Episode 3 isn’t bad too; I may have to try it out sometime.

AJUMP23

Is KOTOR 10? Because they are dumb if they don't put KOTOR at 1. I would not call Squadrons one of the best SW games either. It looks good, but it isn't that great to shoot in that game.

stn

My top 5 is KOTOR 1, KOTOR 2, Fallen Order, Force Unleased 1, Force Unleashed 2. Currently playing the Jedi Knight remasters, one of them may go on the list perhaps. Also playing the Commando remaster.

ManaByte

Rogue Squadron II still looks amazing 20 years later and they ignore it? Never post a video from this garbage site again.

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Flabagast

Fallen Order is pretty low on this list. I intended to play it soon but not so sure after seeing this. Is it worth it ?

kunonabi

Fallen Order is pretty low on this list. I intended to play it soon but not so sure after seeing this. Is it worth it ?
I personally hated the story and characters but most people seem to dig it.

As for my top 10:
Shadows of the Empire
The Clone Wars
Rogue Leader
Episode 1 Racer
X-Wing/Tie Fighter
Battlefront II(classic)
Bounty Hunter
Star Wars arcade
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
Rogue Squadron

Stamps1646

My personal top 10:

KotoR
KotoR II
SW: Battlefront II '05
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Dark Forces
Tie Fighter
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Shadows of the Empire
The Force Unleased

Stamps1646

actual best 10 are:

Rebel Assault 2
Dark Forces
Super Empire Strikes Back
Yoda Stories
Jedi Fallen Order
BattleFront II (the old one)
Star Wars Arcade 32x
Force Unleashed
Return of the Jedi Gameboy
Republic Commando
SW Arcade 32X, good times.
Totally forgot about that one.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Turn based crap but no Jedi Academy, aka, the best sword play in games -_-'

Last edited:
The fact that people here are listing tons of other games doesn't necessarily mean their list is wrong, it just means that Star Wars as a franchise has way more than 10 good games. That should be celebrated.

absolute-win-hulk.gif

Deerock71

While I dislike some games that didn't get mentioned (Rebel Strike?!), I have to agree with The Skywalker Saga. Whether I'm alone or playing with my (soon to be) 10 year old son, I love everything about this game. And it's LEGOS!

Romulus

Tales from the Galaxies Edge is up there for me. Surprisingly fun gunplay and great looking locales.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
It's a shame that Battlefront II didn't get some kind of "relaunch" or something because it's one of the best Star Wars games/experiences you can have right now. I installed it about a month ago and it's so damn fun and still looks amazing. It has no real money lootboxes and I unlocked damn near everything I wanted for the class/characters I wanted just by playing the co-op. Such a sense of satisfaction. E.A. really fucked up badly on that.

Patrick S.

Banned
I'm glad people remember Tie Fighter. It won dozens of "best PC game ever" awards over the years, and I hope Star Wars: Squadrons coming out to mostly positive reviews means there's gonna be more of it. Although the fact that the game was already given away for free with Amazon games, and is often available on key sites for literally a few dozen cents, probably means it flopped :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom