• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: The TimeSplitters Trilogy Is Still Great 16 Years Later

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

TimeSplitters, TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is one of the most beloved shooter trilogies in console gaming history. But it’s been 16 long years since the last entry to the franchise, and first-person shooters have changed dramatically in that time. With a new TimeSplitters game on the horizon, how well does the original trilogy hold up in 2021?

Back in May, Deep Silver announced the reformation of Free Radical Design, creators of the original TimeSplitters trilogy, and their first task is a new entry to the classic shooter franchise. Can a sequel retain the chaotic, uncomplicated joy of the original games?

Surely a remake or remaster of the TimeSplitters trilogy can't be far away, but in the meantime join Chris as he digs out a dusty old PS2, plugs in a shonky pad and revisits three of the best console shooters ever made.

Kokoloko85

Time Spitters 2 was my favourite out of the trilogy. Coop was amazing. And how it was different on harder difficulties. Loved the comedy too.
Me and a friend did every level on the hardest difficulty where theres more mission objects and it was damn fun

Would love a HD Port/Remaster to current gen

Shame theres not many 1st person shooters like it anymore. The level design and gameplay of 1st person shooters like Time Splitters, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark or No1 lives forever was awesome. Developers should bring these types of 1st person shooters back

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Loved this series. I remember the challenges being extremely hard too.

Future Perfect was my favorite overall, but 2 I think had the best multiplayer/co-op.

Playing as the monkey with the monkey gun was a great time.

TimeSplitters is the best series of console FPS which no one played - or, even worse, played but don't make an effort to remember anymore. I wait patiently for a remaster of the original trilogy. Future Perfect blew my mind on how outstanding it was. One of the few times I considered a game genuinely funny.

jigglet

Banned
Yeah they were great. I also think it's hilarious looking at the AI - how little has changed in the last 20 years. This is why I struggle to play most campaigns these days.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah they were great. I also think it's hilarious looking at the AI - how little has changed in the last 20 years. This is why I struggle to play most campaigns these days.
This
And that fucking sucks

nemiroff

Gold Member
TimeSplitters is the best series of console FPS which no one played - or, even worse, played but don't make an effort to remember anymore. I wait patiently for a remaster of the original trilogy. Future Perfect blew my mind on how outstanding it was. One of the few times I considered a game genuinely funny.

IDK, it was pretty well known at the time and was all over the gaming magazines. Anyway, I regard this as one of the top best couch multiplayer experiences of all times.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Time Spitters 2 was my favourite out of the trilogy. Coop was amazing. And how it was different on harder difficulties. Loved the comedy too.
Me and a friend did every level on the hardest difficulty where theres more mission objects and it was damn fun

Would love a HD Port/Remaster to current gen

Shame theres not many 1st person shooters like it anymore. The level design and gameplay of 1st person shooters like Time Splitters, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark or No1 lives forever was awesome. Developers should bring these types of 1st person shooters back
Same i tnink the reason why the 3rd game wasnt as good was because of the lack of golden eye gameplay

Rat Rage

Timesplitters Trilogy Remaster

and

Timesplitters IV

give-it-to-me-stephen-colbert.gif

Top Bottom