• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Best Games of 2021 So Far

BigBooper

When did Bowser's Fury release?
You're criteria is nonsensical and worthless. First time release in the west? New add-on content? Why not also first time release on console? Go take your missed Ritalin dose and think about what you've done.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m the only person on earth to like DMC2. It’s so brainless and empty that it’s kind of cozy.
It just Drakengard 2 was attempt by Square to make the series more “mainstream” so Taro didn’t worked on 2nd game, so the story is much more “typical” compare to original game and NieR series.

mxbison

You're criteria is nonsensical and worthless. First time release in the west? New add-on content? Why not also first time release on console? Go take your missed Ritalin dose and think about what you've done.

Mario 3D World: Remaster (for what that's worth with Nintendo) with like 3-4 hours new content

Flight Sim: The exact same game

You really don't see a difference?
I wouldn't include Mario in that list either, but there is really no argument for Flight Sim being a 2021 game....

BigBooper

Mario 3D World: Remaster (for what that's worth with Nintendo) with like 3-4 hours new content

Flight Sim: The exact same game

You really don't see a difference?
I wouldn't include Mario in that list either, but there is really no argument for Flight Sim being a 2021 game....
Well, I do think they added some stuff, but I think it was pretty minor.

You can add the two Famicom Tantei Club games to the list of not new games too. They may be new games to them but surly the name alone is enough to tell them that neither of those games are new, I can't remember what year I played them both in but it was a long time ago.

Rikku-X

Genshin Impact Inazuma, is the best thing so far for me. It's better than Breath of the Wild.

genshin-impact-inazuma-release-date-narukami-island.jpg

lrkb4wh6rkd71.png

Airbus Jr

Banned
In 5 years none of these games will be classics, it's been a rough year and we all have to roll with it.
Why are you talking about classic..

This list is about Gamespot top 2021 game so far...

Just because its rought for you xboxers doesnt mean that the rest of us share the same opinion...

Someone seems bitter here and i think i know why hahaha....

Last edited:

demigod

Your post crying about it is even more worthless, think about it. They most likely already played Flight Sim on PC last year whereas they haven't played those other game/content.

Why are you talking about classic..

This list is about Gamespot top 2021 game so far...

Just because its rought for you xboxers doesnt mean that the rest of us share the same opinion...

Someone seems bitter here and i think i know why hahaha....

hell even as xbox owners you still get awesome games like RE8 and hitman 3. if theres nothing on this list that doesnt interest you, you might aswell just stop gaming.

elliot5

it makes sense why Flight Sim isn't included. The game came out in 2020 on PC. Maybe an honorable mention for the Xbox port, but all the other games are "new" releases.

Kinda neat to see Cris Tales get a nod. The game is unbelievably striking visually. If you're the type that likes a unique art style, this one really has it. Just wait until you get to the first town. Also some really out there time travel mechanics in combat and exploration.

It's got flaws though, and definitely feels like an indie game. But my first 2 hours with it were enjoyable, simply because I haven't played much that's really like it.

Juza

J Juza Is Nier Replicant just a remake of some other Nier? I like Drakenguard, but I'm no expert on that games timeline ie I'm not Danjin44 Danjin44 lol One day that remake is coming...
It's something between remake and remaster of the original Nier Replicant(2010) with additional content and new ending. is it a good remaster/remake? absolutely! and don't have to worry about timeline, it's the first "Nier" game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
and don't have to worry about timeline, it's the first "Nier" game.
Honestly you never had to worry about timeline when it comes to Drakengard/Nier series. There is lot of lore in Drakengard/Nier series and you can explore it if you wish but it not necessary to enjoy the story, get attached to the characters and understand massage of the story.

Each game takes place more than 1000 years from each other, whatever happened in the past it no longer matters to the characters for the current story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me, my top 3 thus far are -

1. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 8.5/10
2. Resident Evil VIII: Village - 8.5/10
3. Outriders - 8.5/10

Expecting a better second half of 2021 with Far Cry 6, Halo Infinite and Dying Light 2.

Top Bottom