• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: 25 Biggest Horror Games Coming in 2023 and Beyond

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Horror fans have had a lot to scream about these past few years, and it looks like we’re going to have even more scares ahead of us; from remakes of terrifying classics like Silent Hill 2, Dead Space, and Resident Evil 4: Remake or chilling sequels like Alan Wake 2 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 to the ghostly promise of brand-new IP such as Slitterhead, here’s GameSpot's list of the 25 best horror games to look forward to in 2023 and beyond.

Timestamps:
0:00 - Intro
0:21 - Dead Space Remake
1:04 - Redfall
1:34 - Unholy
2:03 - Alan Wake 2
2:28 - System Shock
2:58 - Amnesia: The Bunker
3:38 - Oxenfree 2
4:05 - Aliens: Dark Descent
4:46 - Layers of Fears
5:08 - The Last Case of Benedict Fox
5:27 - Sons of the Forest
5:48 - Resident Evil 4 Remake
6:18 - Routine
6:46 - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
7:18 - Killer Klowns from Outer Space
7:44 - The Outlast Trials
8:06 - Silent Hill 2 Remake
8:40 - Silent Hill Townfall
9:01 - Slitterhead
9:19 - Fort Solis
9:52 - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Directive 8020
10:21 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
10:53 - Alone in the Dark
11:20 - Dead Island 2
11:47 - Outro

.Pennywise

Banned
Here's the only big one in 2023

A franchise that hasn't evolved since its early '00s

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There’s like 5 or 6 games on that list that I know I will buy. Slitterhead looks great. Does that mean it’ll play the way I want it to? Having Silent Hill potentially come out this year is a great feeling.

I’m hesitant about TTCM just because I didn’t get a lot out of Friday the 13th.

Mr Hyde

A great year for horror. I'll be getting Dead Space, Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark for sure. I'll definitely try out Redfall, as the latest trailers have been pretty promising. Killer Klowns looks bonkers and I love the movie, but I think it was a online only game like Friday the 13th so I'll most likely pass. Cautious about Alan Wake 2. Did not like the first one but remedy knocked it out of the park with Control so faith is restored that the team can put out something memorable. A great year indeed.

Top Bottom