• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: 14 Best Xbox Console Exclusives To Play Right Now

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One have had some solid console exclusives, and both indie developers and Microsoft's first-party studios are hard at work on more.

Xbox has had some excellent console exclusives over the past few years, a number that's likely going to grow during the Xbox Series X|S's lifecycle given Microsoft's string of studio acquisitions. But that's the future--we don't know for sure what will and what won't be dope. All we can do is look at what's currently out, and decide which games are our favorites.

00:18 - Microsoft Flight Simulator
00:55 - Sea of Thieves
01:44 - Halo: The Master Chief Collection
02:15 - Forza Horizon 4
02:37 - Gears 5
03:19 - Myst
03:52 - State of Decay
04:22 - Rare Replay
04:57 - Adios
05:35 - The Big Con
06:15 - Grounded
06:43 - Ooblets
07:20 - Sunset Overdrive
07:53 - The Vale: Shadow of the Crown

ManaByte

Gold Member
MYST?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Crackdown 3 should've taken the spot of something like Adios, The Big Con, or Ooblets.

i still don't understand this theory that Sunset Overdrive is good. this is a false narrative that has been perpetuated for years. Its not a good game.

Is it an interesting game, yes. Should you try it if u have an Xbox? Yeah. But are you going to put it down and never play it again after an hour. Also yes.

Gears Tactics should be somewhere on there.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
i still don't understand this theory that Sunset Overdrive is good. this is a false narrative that has been perpetuated for years. Its not a good game.

Is it an interesting game, yes. Should you try it if u have an Xbox? Yeah. But are you going to put it down and never play it again after an hour. Also yes.

I disagree. Sunset Overdrive was a really good game IMO the art, the creative weapons and traversal I loved it

The only bad thing was not having a new game +

Havoc2049

Is it bad that out of all of these I am only interested in playing 2-3?

MFS
SoT
SOv.

That's it.
No. Sometimes all it takes is one or two games to make a console purchase worth it. Many in the Xbox community routinely only get into one or two first party franchises anyways, as many Microsoft games lean heavily into multiplayer, GAAS, MMO, etc. The way Sea of Thieves is designed for example, you need a block of like 2-5 hours in a single game session to get anything significant done in the game. For games like Halo, Forza, Gears, Grounded and Sea of Thieves, sinking in 100+ hours is nothing and you are just getting your feet wet.

Last edited:

I agree with all of that

elliot5

Death's Door?
The Ascent?
Echo Generation?
Ori?
Sable?
Must not have included DD and Ori bc they're on Switch/other platforms (or at least announced). I also am confused though.

The list seems worse bc at first you think exclusives = First Party output, which MS obviously has more of than here (Ori, Psychonauts, MC Dungeons, etc).

Killer Instinct, The Ascent, Tell Me Why, even Battletoads all seem like better picks than some of those smaller titles...

The ascent
Any Forza horizon
Sea of thieves
State of decay 2
Flight Sim
Moonglow bay
Artful escape
Deep rock galactic
Halo/ Gears 5
Gears tactics
Rare replay/ Halo mcc

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
These tools gave that awful game Unpacking a puzzle game with no real puzzle a 9, I don't trust them anymore.

gow3isben

Wow. Objectively embarassing.

Sunset Overdrive is great but it is 7 years old. Other than that you have decades old games in Halo. Indie shit that ain't nobody ever heard of like Ooblet and absolute dumpster fires like State of Decay.

Gears 5 is the only good relatively recent game on that list and that is also on the older side of things and a pure last gen game ported over.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Is it bad that out of all of these I am only interested in playing 2-3?

It would be bad if you were someone we cared about as a mentor of gaming. But you're like the rest of us; a nobody entitled to your opinions. So it's all good.

Anyway, the first five on the list are objectively solid, don't know much about the rest.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Some on those lists are fine, though FH4 could be replaced by 5 this week. Gears 5 was really fun imo and Sea of Thieves is good provided you have friends playing it. We had some fun dicking around while looking for treasures.

NG Black, Ninja Gaiden 2, Killer Instinct, PD Orta, Lost Odyssey. Those are the games I actually bought an Xbox for lol.

I gave SO up after an hour of 3. The gameplay didn't resonate well with me. I think its a far cry from even Infamous 1.

Chukhopops

So weird to put Sunset Overdrive (still the best JSR successor) and not more recent games like The Ascent, Gears Tactics, 12 minutes etc.

Just a weird list overall.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why is SOD1 on here and not the vastly better SOD2? SOD2 launched in some rough shape for sure, but now it is clearly a better game than the original.

. . .further, why is this list seemingly only focused on games from the last decade? BC is a huge thing for MS and there are a ton of games that were good years ago that are still fine now for someone who hasn't played them (I say this not knowing how extensive MS's BC catalogue is - but I'm sure it's a lot better than the competition).

All of them are on PC right? The most popular gaming plattform.

Weird definition of exclusive.

Come on mate.

Top Bottom