• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamesindusty.biz: Biggest announced Xbox exclusives are years away

Witchilich

The podcast was before any of those games were even announced, including 76, so no, it wasn't.

And Starfield isn't using their old animation system, so again, you're wrong.
It was after the announcement. Here is the podcast linked in that quote from the article.

At 21:32. He is talking about TES VI and Starfield, not Fallout 76 and Starfield.
NeoGAF if filled with industry insiders they surely know what’s going on. Got a guy high up in nintendo
Feel like I need to spoon feed everything to this troll.

Last edited:
It was after the announcement. Here is the podcast linked in that quote from the article.

At 21:32. He is talking about TES VI and Starfield, not Fallout 76 and Starfield.

I'm not talking about your quote or your podcast

I'm talking about this

In which he confirms two games

One in full production that is using their old animation system and one in pre production which is using their new one

Starfield is not using their old animation system

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
Xbox is a better position even with delays. Halo finite, stalker 2 are massive AAA titles. Starfield would mean even a bigger year for Xbox since its RPG with a space/war/exploration theme coming from the makers of Skyrim and Fallout. Sony needs a new Horizon Zero dawn to come out this year or they be blown away.

Deathloop looks like an AA title, it's doubtful it have same impact, but you never know!
Good lord, reality its gonna hit so hard some of you

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

and it truely doesn’t matter. How things are going we don’t have a clear idea what’s hitting in 6 months let alone years from now on any platform.

isoRhythm

Banned
I blame Jim

kYzRADE.gif

Hezekiah

Banned
goalposts.jpg

When did I said anything about when Avowed will release? Don't just latch on to a convenient escape. I only said that "Obsidian is working on 6 games" is someone's bullshit wishlist from ResetEra, we even had a whole thread on this.
"Latch on to a convenient escape" - what the fuck are you talking about?

The fact that Obsidian are working on that many games is directly tied to Avowed's release date. That's my 'narrative'.

Now go away and cry 😢.

DeepSpace5D

Lol, Everwild and two reboots are in now way Xbox’s biggest games.

It’s also hilarious to see the argument that Ms wanted beth to save them in light of the fact that Sony is literally in that situation this year! If Horizon doesn’t make it, Deathloop is their big AAA game, and Ghostwire could be next!
Do you think Deathloop is going to be bigger than Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart? Personally I really doubt that, just looking at it from an established franchise vs new IP, Arkane vs Insomniac sales typically, how Ratchet is being touted as the first real game to leverage the SSD, etc.

I would bet that Ratchet is going to be a much bigger game overall in terms of sales on the PS5 and public impressions.

Dr Bass

Yeah, I remember Rare saying something in the lines of them still trying to find out what the gameplay would be like, which is weird considering how they've also said that Everwild has been in the works for 4 years or something like that.

That's what happens when management says "we need something artistic and beautiful like Breath of the Wild/Journey etc etc.", instead of having an actual vision for a game from a creative person or team. In this case it totally comes across like they are trying to check off boxes rather than make something they believe in.

Phil Spencer has all this good will but the guy can't manage shit lol, xbox output almost seems worse under him not better, yeah they went and bought a bunch of lower tier studios and a couple of good ones before this latest Bethesda buyout but face it they announce games WAY too early, they have a RARE game that doesn't even know what kind of game it is yet and for all we know the videos were just "in engine" not "in game" which is different. We've seen more tha one announced game cancelled in the past few years AND they still don't release anywhere near enough content and probably wont for a while.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
"Latch on to a convenient escape" - what the fuck are you talking about?

The fact that Obsidian are working on that many games is directly tied to Avowed's release date. That's my 'narrative'.

Now go away and cry 😢.
And where did you get they were working on 6 projects? You are literally using someone's ResetEra wishlist and stating it as a fact. It conviniently fits your narrative so you just treat that as an official announcement and latch on to it.

Bit wrong to say they are years away and ignore most of the projects Xbox studios are working on. So, here it goes.
Projects that will definitely release in 2021-22
  • Halo Infinite and Starfield started development in 2015.
  • Arkane Austin's Project(maybe Prey 2) and Wolfenstein III started development in 2017, same as Deathloop(Arkane Lyon) and Ghostwire Tokyo(Tango Gameworks). Ignoring Halo Infinite and Starfield, Arkane Austin's project has been in development for the longest period since Prey(2017).
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Grounded
  • Everwild started in 2017
Fable also started in 2017, but it will probably take around 6 years, as Playground Games are growing to 400+ staffs like 343i, Bethesda and Zenimax Online Studios.

Projects that may release in 2021-22
  • Hellblade II and Avowed started development in 2018. Although Hellblade II seems more likely for a 2022 release.
  • Next Forza Horizon
Zenimax Online Studios project(possibly new MMORPG) started in 2018, but it will take 6-7 years. Perfect Dark started in 2018, but its probably 2023-24 due to smaller team.

Rest. Too early to guess anything
  • Unless they were already working on it alongside Gears 5, Coalition next project started in 2019
  • InXile and Roundhouse Studios started working on there project in 2019 and Compulsion Games on early 2020. These teams are small and they will take more time for their games.
  • id Software next project started in late 2020, unless they were working on it alongside Doom Eternal.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Elder Scrolls VI
  • Project Mara
  • Tango Gameworks next project(unless they were already working on multiple projects)
  • Double Fine project after Psychonauts 2
Fable didn't start development in 2017, they were just talking about getting the second studio started for a game back then and as late as 2020 there were still some highly important positions for that team left unfilled. It takes time to build a large team like that it doesn't happen overnight. Fable is probably at least another 2 years away if not more.

Hellblade will be 2022 at the earliest
Everwild is a huge question mark, seems like those videos were more of a style looking for a game rather than the other way around.
Bethesda games who knows? sounds like the big 2 are still a ways off and the rest I personally couldn't care less about.
Forza not a game I care for but they said it was early in development last year so who knows if it's coming this year or not?

Naked Lunch

Xbox's biggest exclusives are on track to launch this year: Halo and Flight Simulator.
For me personally, thats all I need for a good long while. 3rd parties will cover the rest.

In the future - and this is coming from someone who isnt even the biggest Bethesda fan -
but when that next Elder Scrolls official trailer drops, and assuming its xbox exclusive - its going to be one of the biggest megatons ever dropped in gaming history.
There is no denying the magnitude of the Skyrim trailer way back when - but if the sequel is exclusive? Will be unfathomably huge for Xbox.

odhiex

Avowed, when?

I am afraid that game is going to get cancelled or suspended at least, and the team moves on to a new Fallout game.

Hezekiah

Banned
And where did you get they were working on 6 projects? You are literally using someone's ResetEra wishlist and stating it as a fact. It conviniently fits your narrative so you just treat that as an official announcement and latch on to it.
You still crying about this? You sound like a giant manchild, people use rumours and leaks as sources all the time. The way you're bitching about this though makes me think you'd fit in better at ResetEra 😁.

supernova8

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy but Xbox's antics last year with almost only ever showing "CGI cinematic trailers" (with almost no gameplay in sight for the big guns) was the sign for me that their stuff is still quite far out. Besides, if Everwild is still stuck in "concept" stage for the last few years maybe they need to change the people making the decisions at Rare.

I suppose Xbox's strategy is to get all the big third parties onto Game Pass and sway the on-the-fence consumers (ie those who are not 100% wedded to Sony and could be swayed) to come to Xbox. I reckon they know they cannot pull the diehard Sony fans from their Sony exclusives without a big push so for now they will try to get the stragglers, the mainstream folk via the value proposition of game pass.

All 23 studios were reset back to day one according to this flog, some MS studios will be putting stuff out well before then. It's like he's trying to deflect all the shit Sony news by making up shit about Xbox.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Do you think Deathloop is going to be bigger than Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart? Personally I really doubt that, just looking at it from an established franchise vs new IP, Arkane vs Insomniac sales typically, how Ratchet is being touted as the first real game to leverage the SSD, etc.

I would bet that Ratchet is going to be a much bigger game overall in terms of sales on the PS5 and public impressions.

Deathloop will be bigger in some ways because it’s not next gen exclusive, but also because Ratchet is in an outmoded genera

Avowed, when?

I am afraid that game is going to get cancelled or suspended at least, and the team moves on to a new Fallout game.

Microsoft literally bought Obsidian after seeing what they were doing with Avowed.
Its not getting cancelled and its going to be very very good.

Bit wrong to say they are years away and ignore most of the projects Xbox studios are working on. So, here it goes.
Projects that will definitely release in 2021-22
  • Halo Infinite and Starfield started development in 2015.
  • Arkane Austin's Project(maybe Prey 2) and Wolfenstein III started development in 2017, same as Deathloop(Arkane Lyon) and Ghostwire Tokyo(Tango Gameworks). Ignoring Halo Infinite and Starfield, Arkane Austin's project has been in development for the longest period since Prey(2017).
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Grounded
  • Everwild started in 2017
Fable also started in 2017, but it will probably take around 6 years, as Playground Games are growing to 400+ staffs like 343i, Bethesda and Zenimax Online Studios.

Projects that may release in 2021-22
  • Hellblade II and Avowed started development in 2018. Although Hellblade II seems more likely for a 2022 release.
  • Next Forza Horizon
Zenimax Online Studios project(possibly new MMORPG) started in 2018, but it will take 6-7 years. Perfect Dark started in 2018, but its probably 2023-24 due to smaller team.

Rest. Too early to guess anything
  • Unless they were already working on it alongside Gears 5, Coalition next project started in 2019
  • InXile and Roundhouse Studios started working on there project in 2019 and Compulsion Games on early 2020. These teams are small and they will take more time for their games.
  • id Software next project started in late 2020, unless they were working on it alongside Doom Eternal.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Elder Scrolls VI
  • Project Mara
  • Tango Gameworks next project(unless they were already working on multiple projects)
  • Double Fine project after Psychonauts 2
Whoa this is true? Is there going to be a new arkane and a wolfentstein released in 2022?

DeepSpace5D

Deathloop will be bigger in some ways because it’s not next gen exclusive, but also because Ratchet is in an outmoded genera
You say outmoded but Ratchet & Clank on PS4 did very well, was the most successful Insomniac game of all time before Spiderman, and buzz for Rift Apart seems pretty high. Of course it’s next-gen exclusive like you say so it won’t be for sale on as many platforms, but I think overall it’s the bigger game and sells much more on PS5 than Deathloop does.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
Remember people buy new consoles for Next Gen Must Have Experiences and Exclusives (or use to)! 2 Consoles just launched without those and are still selling and won’t be getting those fit months till years. What in the world is going on?

Doesn’t bother me though since I’ve already hit diminishing returns and current fames are good enough for me! Maybe it has for most gamers too?

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Remember people buy new consoles for Next Gen Must Have Experiences and Exclusives (or use to)! 2 Consoles just launched without those and are still selling and won’t be getting those fit months till years. What in the world is going on?

Doesn’t bother me though since I’ve already hit diminishing returns and current fames are good enough for me! Maybe it has for most gamers too?

Man, people who keep pushing this narrative ...

I guess Demon's Souls (tremendous game), to a lesser extent Miles Morales (60fps raytracing and plenty of fun), and soon Returnal and Ratchet and Clank just ... don't exist. Then you have all the PS4 exclusives with PS5 patches that improve them quite a bit (Ghost, Ratchet, Days Gone, God of War etc.) some of which are actually free now if you buy a PS5, not free as in you're paying 120 a year for them.

People who are not experiencing these games literally don't even know what they are missing. Demon's Souls was so shockingly good it's now one of my favorite experiences ever.

This idea that there are no next-gen experiences or exclusives is just a straight up lie.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I guess Demon's Souls (tremendous game), to a lesser extent Miles Morales (60fps raytracing and plenty of fun), and soon Returnal and Ratchet and Clank just ... don't exist. Then you have all the PS4 exclusives with PS5 patches that improve them quite a bit (Ghost, Ratchet, Days Gone, God of War etc.) some of which are actually free now if you buy a PS5, not free as in you're paying 120 a year for them.

People who are not experiencing these games literally don't even know what they are missing. Demon's Souls was so shockingly good it's now one of my favorite experiences ever.

This idea that there are no next-gen experiences or exclusives is just a straight up lie.

A remaster and ps4 dlc is hardly anything to write home about when you have a murders row of studios. It was a blah launch that only looks good because of the series x. It was hardly 9-9-99 or had a super Mario world or Halo 1. It's the good will built up and rose colored glasses I think.

e&e

Banned

There are no Next Gen Must Have Experiences! Make up all the excuses you want with enhanced this and remastered that lmao! When the Next Gen Must Have games come out we can talk.

Btw my argument is that people are starting to not care about the Next Gen experiences looking at the hardware sales and meager software sales!

long timeframes are not something new

Sony stood up and showed the same games for 4 e3s in a row before they were released.....Sony doesn’t do e3 anymore so it’s probably a longer timeframe particularly with covid

most of the first party stuff from ms was already on year 2/3 of dev when announced so I would say from next year there’s going to be a pretty solid stream of games

longdi

Banned
long timeframes are not something new

Sony stood up and showed the same games for 4 e3s in a row before they were released.....Sony doesn’t do e3 anymore so it’s probably a longer timeframe particularly with covid

most of the first party stuff from ms was already on year 2/3 of dev when announced so I would say from next year there’s going to be a pretty solid stream of games

Not surprising as we saw too many CG trailers.

Yes also covid pushed things farther back. Expecting the same things for Sony Nintendo.

But Bethesda games should be in on 2022 at least.

I hope with the longer time, native Xbone support is dropped and moved to streaming.

Next gen to start 2022.

Fredrik

Xbox's biggest exclusives are on track to launch this year: Halo and Flight Simulator.
For me personally, thats all I need for a good long while. 3rd parties will cover the rest.
Good for you. I don’t play first person shooters on console and I doubt I could enjoy Flight Simulator considering I only play in short bursts.

I have stuff to play already but in the end it really feels like they could’ve launched the console this year instead and improved the hardware. People can’t buy the console anyway and they don’t have any games ready.

RoboEight

I'm ok with Starfield and Halo (hopefully) being two of the big games this year and as long as Gamepass keeps going at the pace it is now there are plenty of games to keep me occupied. I do hope MS have a showing soon though it would at least be nice to see some updates and get some more sneak peeks.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Lol, Everwild and two reboots are in now way Xbox’s biggest games.

It’s also hilarious to see the argument that Ms wanted beth to save them in light of the fact that Sony is literally in that situation this year! If Horizon doesn’t make it, Deathloop is their big AAA game, and Ghostwire could be next!
There's still Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Returnal

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sony already released big exclusives for PS5 tho. Unless Demon's Souls still dont count for reasons.

Since you mentioned Horizon that was stated as being cross gen, Miles is still killing it on the charts. Seems Sony also seems better equipped to release cross gen games. And its looking like Sack Boy is doing fine going by PSN download charts.

I guess now Ratchet n Clank and Returnal also dont count. Both still coming this year. Returnal is Housemarque's first shot at AAA.

Sony is not literally in the same situation. They are literally in the opposite situation.
This. So many people try to downplay PS5's good start, especially considering there's 2 more exclusives on the way

Banjo64

cumsessed

In the future - and this is coming from someone who isnt even the biggest Bethesda fan -
but when that next Elder Scrolls official trailer drops, and assuming its xbox exclusive - its going to be one of the biggest megatons ever dropped in gaming history.
There is no denying the magnitude of the Skyrim trailer way back when - but if the sequel is exclusive? Will be unfathomably huge for Xbox.
Flight Sim is often not even mentioned in these list war threads, but it looks and sounds like a great game to play whilst listening to a podcast/YouTube video in the back ground. Nice and peaceful/great chill out game.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Actually free as in you pay £50 a year to rent them instead? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I treat Demon’s Souls like it’s a like for like remake, because it is. I agree it’s shockingly good. I got the plat in 2014, it’s my favourite From game. I’m glad you’re finally getting to experience it now.

pasterpl

Fable didn't start development in 2017, they were just talking about getting the second studio started for a game back then and as late as 2020 there were still some highly important positions for that team left unfilled. It takes time to build a large team like that it doesn't happen overnight. Fable is probably at least another 2 years away if not more.

Hellblade will be 2022 at the earliest
Everwild is a huge question mark, seems like those videos were more of a style looking for a game rather than the other way around.
Bethesda games who knows? sounds like the big 2 are still a ways off and the rest I personally couldn't care less about.
Forza not a game I care for but they said it was early in development last year so who knows if it's coming this year or not?

you are right, they have opened a new studio in 2017, but looking at the below article from early 2018 suggest that the game development started in 2017

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
You still crying about this? You sound like a giant manchild, people use rumours and leaks as sources all the time.
Altchair? You are calling someone a manchild for not believing a convenient excuse of a "rumour", that is your only defense for your narrative that you probably repost every relevant thread. Bitching much?
Where do you think this bullshit started first?
Thats right here
The way you're bitching about this though makes me think you'd fit in better at ResetEra 😁.
Your saviour himself calls it a "speculation"(who is this Marano guy anyway?), and now you are crying about this being not treated as a fact. You really project all your emotions on to others. This guy even thinks Project Missouri is another big AAA RPG, but its just a 5 man Unity Engine Project by Josh Sawyer(and I have seen many people actually think Project Missouri is something big because of this guy). Who called it Project Missouri anyway?
people use rumours and leaks as sources all the time.
Lots people need confirmation bias when talking about plastic boxes. How else will they validate their insecurities while console warring?

iQuasarLV

Boy, am I glad I decided to sit out this launch.

I'll take the burn that I bought a Nintendo Switch and years later only have one game on the damn thing. I am tired of waiting for games to come (looking at you Metroid Prime 4) while my console collects dust on the shelf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom