• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've beaten in December 2021

DarkTom

Hi fellow gaffers!

This thread is the revival of a classic series from the past.

The idea is self-explanatory: list the games you have beaten in the past month, being December 2021 this time.

Obviously, a few words on the games are more than welcome.

If you feel so, you can try to succeed in the 3 games a month challenge to spice things a bit.

So, what games have you beaten in December 2021 ?

Tales of Arise. Enjoyed it. Thought I would've been done with Lost Judgement before January started but the side cases/school stories are very enjoyable

Y0ssarian

Banned
December was my month of Bioware. I started Dragon Age Inquisition in November but beat it on like the 2nd of December. I also finished Anthem, Jade Empire, Mass Effect Andromeda, & Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition.

Favourite was Dragon Age Inquisition. Least favourite was Anthem or Mass Effect Andromeda. Anthem has an advantage in that it's fun to run missions and fly around. Andromeda had an epic start and ending mission(s) but I did not care for the side quests.

Edit: oh shoot I also beat the Halo Infinite campaign. Open world was good and I liked the side quests.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

I beat Demons Souls remake. The original on PS3 was the first souls game I played and I had no idea what I was doing back then, I recall I think it took me about 80 hrs. With all the souls games under my belt I still feel like I suck a bit but this time took me 30 hrs and beat a few of the bosses first go or close to it. Still a great game after all these years and a real looker. Not as good as Dark Souls 1 which is my favourite of the bunch.

Next up wrapping up a 2nd play through of FF7 remake and then will start The Messenger and then Ratchet A Rift Apart which my son has been playing (Santa conveniently bought that during Black Friday along with Demons Souls)

Doom85

December was my month of Bioware. I started Dragon Age Inquisition in November but beat it on like the 2nd of December. I also finished Anthem, Jade Empire, Mass Effect Andromeda, & Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition.

Favourite was Dragon Age Inquisition. Least favourite was Anthem or Mass Effect Andromeda. Anthem has an advantage in that it's fun to run missions and fly around. Andromeda had an epic start and ending mission(s) but I did not care for the side quests.

Edit: oh shoot I also beat the Halo Infinite campaign. Open world was good and I liked the side quests.

Did you play the DLC missions for Dragon Age: Inquisition? Because the final one has a pretty awesome setup for what will be the plot of Dragon Age 4.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Did you play the DLC missions for Dragon Age: Inquisition? Because the final one has a pretty awesome setup for what will be the plot of Dragon Age 4.
Yep! I enjoyed Jaws of Hakkon and Trespasser. The Descent was alright. Looking forward to DA4. I've beaten the 3 DA games so I asked for some of the books for Xmas. I've read The Stolen Throne so far, it was pretty good

Last edited:

DarkTom

Just one for me this month.

GRIS (switch): Artsy puzzle platformers are a tough genre to tackle. Most of them are boring or too samey. Though I have to say GRIS' art style looked interesting. I was not wrong. The game is wonderful and if the puzzles are quite basic, it is just varied enough to avoid boredom. Music is also really good, and the story is a nice allegory without being some pedantic metaphor. I would qualify it as the 2D Journey. 7/10

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The Last Guardian, and Deathloop. Everyone was hyped for the last guardian needless to say they're both deep games.

chaseroni

Knocked out Pikmin 1 over the past week, finishing up Pikmin 2.
I love playing these during the winter.
Where's Pikmin 4??

Stick a fork in Deedlit, I just beat the Wonder labyrinth.
Still working on Broken Age this point and click is harder than it looks.

Vangellis

Games I beat December 2021:

Loop Hero (100% Awesome)
Death Stranding ( 30% Awesome, 50% wtf, 20% Slog)
Subnautica (90% Awesome, 10% Slog)
Inscryption (80% Awesome & WTF, 20% "Why couldn't this stay like act 1")

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Chorus
I had so much fun that i even made a thread about it.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-ha...chorus-and-you-might-too-here-is-why.1625908/

Psychonauts 2
Sure one of the best games of the year. Alone through the unbelievable creativity of its crafted world.

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced with the Annihilation Line DLC
Some people on GAF with a lot of sense finally talked me into it and i had a blast. The atmosphere is just incredible if you like the franchise.

Manifold Garden
Cool and mind bending puzzle game that incorporates infinite architecture into the progress of solving the puzzles. Also some nice ambient music and sounds. I found it easier than games like the Witness or The Talos Principle but still challenging and satisfying. Very unique experience.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I finished SMTV and loved every minute of it. Hope the soundtrack gets a vinyl release. I think I also finished Steins:Gate 0 at the beginning of December and it was pretty awesome too, albeit not as awesome as the first game.

Bridges

Halo: Combat Evolved
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Marvel's Avengers

All were quite good aside from Avengers

Top Bottom