• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you wish to beat

Hey GAF, what are some games that you wish to beat one day?

For me, I'd love to beat Megaman Zero 1, I got far in the game several times in different versions of the game but I couldn't beat those playthroughs. On the DS Collection of the Zero games however, I think I have a much better chance of beating it there in the Easy Scenario setting, and once I beat it I plan to beat the rest of the Zero games along with the ZXs for the DS too

Also, would like to play more 3DS stuff like Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 1 3DS, etc.

What say you, GAF? Any games you wish to beat one day?

coffinbirth

Ikaruga is the first one that comes to mind.

I mean most shmups and bullet hell games, really. I love them, but I rarely have the patience to either memorize the layouts or get good enough to pure skill my way through them.

Most any other genre I beat the shit out of though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Another vote for Ikaruga. Love that game but the 4th stage seems to be just too much for me.

GymWolf

Never even tried all the big assault with various phases against the latest boss introducted in mhw, i hate this shit, just gimme an area where to fight a monster without gimmicky bullshits that nobody care for.

David B

An Idiot
Ninja Gaiden II. Couldn't beat the final boss and think i never will.
What? It's rather easy. Yeah it's kind of hard too. But what you need to do is dodge most of the attacks. It's about dodging more. Meaning the fight will last a long time. Dodge, dodge, only attack when you can. Dodge more. It's a really long fight but dodging in half the battle.

David B

An Idiot
I want to beat God of War, the PS4 one. But I never get to it. I'm like stuck on Call of Duty games. I just am always like oh I ain't got time for that game, oh no not god of war no time, got not time. Yet I have a ton of time yet I don't play god of war yet I want to. So I avoid it but want to get in it, but I just keep playing call of duty games instead.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can beat 99% of games I want to beat. For those last 1% that are so incredibly unbalanced and busted that I literally can't beat it ...

kYIcPhI.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’ve never played it but I do remember it feature in the now defunct PSM magazine back when I was a kid.

I've looked up some videos of it and it's pretty damn amazing how natural the voice acting sounds, it's a far cry from the PS1 Resident Evil games.

Hestar69

Kingdom Hearts - Tried many times but part 1 gives me motion sickness

Final Fantasy 6/Chrono trigger - Great games, but for some reason I just stop playing them

Yakuza games - playing Yakuza 0 again I think I could get into these easier if they had dubs ( I know 7 does)

Also a bunch of old school rgps from ps1/2 I never played/beat as a a kid

Breath of fire 4,lunar 1/2,legend of dragoon,grandia 2 and so on.

Last edited:

Doom85

Cc6crEv.gif

Rule of Rose. Obviously simply getting a copy for a reasonable price is one thing, but also knowing the game’s combat is rough even be survival horror standards is another obstacle. I have seen Best Friends Play LP the full thing but obviously getting to play it myself would be even more satisfying. This will most likely never happen but a modern remake that respects the tone and mindfuck nature of the original would be glorious.

KàIRóS

Death Stranding. Xenogears. Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross. Final Fantasy Tactics. Yeah, I know. I suck.

Damn I envy you I wish I could go back in time before I played all of those, well not death stranding I would change that for pretty much any other Kojima game.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Bro wtf, how?

Do you find the combat difficult? Or do you end up stuck at some point? I was a victim of the later when I played ot years ago, but ended up beating it anyways.

Honestly, it's just never caught my interest. I VAGUELY remember the opening. You wake up, you're with some...chick? And you go to some...festival? Other than that, I have no memories of it.

Jinzo Prime

Elden Ring

The Witcher 3

Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Bayonetta

Divinity: Original Sin 2

I've given up on Celeste.

Edit: I like difficult games and RPG's but I can't find the time to beat them.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Bethesda games: the thread

In all seriousness though Resident Evil Code Veronica, I got softlocked at somepoint as a kid with no ammo and low health, I got pissed and have never replayed the game ever since, I hate it with a passion but if capcom ever goes for a remake I'm willing to finally beat it.
Sounds like the tyrant fight on the airplane.

I want to beat God of War, the PS4 one. But I never get to it. I'm like stuck on Call of Duty games. I just am always like oh I ain't got time for that game, oh no not god of war no time, got not time. Yet I have a ton of time yet I don't play god of war yet I want to. So I avoid it but want to get in it, but I just keep playing call of duty games instead.
That sounds like a serious mental illness. Sending positive vibes.

Naked Lunch

For me its mostly longer games that you have to dedicate lots of time to.
Mostly jrpgs I never got around to. This list below is stuff I really do want to play thru entirely. One day...

Dragon Quest V and VI
Tactics Ogre
Front Mission 1-5
Suikoden II
Chrono Cross

ARK1391

Definitely Xenoblade Chronicles 1. Played a few hours of it and lost interest when it first came out. Loved XC2 and XC3 looks fantastic. So I'll be starting that soon after finishing Torna.

Others would be:

Hyper Light Drifter, such a cool game that I just never got around to finishing.

Guardians of the Galaxy, haven't played it yet but it looks fun and I headd great things.

Horizon Forbidden West, absolutely adored the first one, but Elden Ring beat it out for my free time.

Definitely Xenoblade Chronicles 1. Played a few hours of it and lost interest when it first came out. Loved XC2 and XC3 looks fantastic. So I'll be starting that soon after finishing Torna.

Others would be:

Hyper Light Drifter, such a cool game that I just never got around to finishing.

Guardians of the Galaxy, haven't played it yet but it looks fun and I headd great things.

Horizon Forbidden West, absolutely adored the first one, but Elden Ring beat it out for my free time.
I played a chunk of Guardians, have yet to beat it but it was great so far

xrnzaaas

The Witcher 3... I always focus on exploration and side quests and lose interest in completing the main story. And the game's too big for me to do all of the above.

intbal

Greedfall.

I get so excited to return to it after a few months.
Then I do.
And I get sick of it after two days.

But I'm sure I'll eventually crawl across the finish line.

Top Bottom