• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you are clearly the villain beating up the good guys to win

junguler

Banned
batman arkham series, batman is clearly the villain and responsible for most of the suffering people of gotham has had to endure.

Sophist

half-life, if i recall correctly.

edit: misread the title. it was definitively not clear that you are the villain in half life.

Last edited:

mhirano

I don’t know if I’d say clearly, but Sekiro kind of screws everyone over in his single minded quest to rescue Kuro. He spreads Dragon Rot around everywhere and his actions influence the Interior Ministry to invade Ashina. Isshin isn’t really a bad guy at all and Genichiro felt like more of a “Protagonist “ as he was trying to save his clan. The only thing that made him bad was his means of achieving that goal.

In the “bad” ending you kill Emma and Isshin and become a Demon of Hatred. In the “Good” ending you kill your dad twice and may end up commuting sudoku or having Kuro die. The Dragon Return ending is the only decent one in terms of Sekiro being redeemable IMO.

But yeah I love how morally ambiguous it is.
kNvPezS.jpg

Dark Half for the SNES comes to mind, if I remember right you go back and forth playing as the antagonist and protagonist which I always though was an awesome idea.

One of the reasons I love the infamous games.

Also every GTA
I was going to say GTA but I'm not sure if it counts with the criminal settling. Like Tommy is clearly not a good guy in Vice City, he's very much Tony Montana inspired.

Also yes, infamous is a fantastic shout if you take the evil karma pathway.

Also, I would say Bully/Canis Canem Edit can apply here depending on how you play it. You can basically prank everyone and cause chaos. You can even do it to the adults as well when you get outside Bullworth Academy.

Swift_Star

Banned
God of War beyond two comes to mind. Kratos basically murdered everyone because they didn't let him go waging war over and over. He was an asshole.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Do GTA and RDR really count? You are mostly fighting against corrupt law officials and the bad guys in other gangs / families. Or in your own. It's more like bad guys vs bad guys.

*I seen these two listed a few times on here.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For kicks i clicked on the mobygames history for one of Dime City's developrs/artists/writers... dude had an interesting videogame career https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,34735/
LOL. But c'mon, every gamer has played this beauty!

Top Bottom