• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that clicked with you after a 2nd chance

fart town usa

Gold Member
my guess will be 80-85 Metacritic.
Yea, I'm thinking more along the lines of people buying the game. Older fans know what Skyward Sword is all about. I'm thinking of the kids who experienced BOTW and AOC as their experience with Zelda. Coming from those 2 titles to Skyward Sword, lol. Can you imagine? Maybe some kids will love it but I don't think they'll have the patience for it.

Melubas

Bought Demon's Souls back when it released and hated it, never played it again. Bought Dark Souls on PC a few years later and hated it. Decided to give it another chance and f*****g loved it. Played through every game in the series including Sekiro and Bloodborne since then save for Demon's Souls. Looking forward to play the remake when I get my PS5 :)

Metroid Prime 3.

It has this just awful sequence at the beginning with a bunch of space marines you have to babysit. I put that game down for months.

When I picked it up again, after that first chapter you are finally mercifully alone, the way it was meant to be. No idea why they thought that would be a good opening chapter.

Mozzarella

Very few cases because i give the games a fair chance the first time i play them, so trying for the 2nd time will 90% of the time end up with the same result.
With that said, back in 2008 I played Fallout 3 and i didnt like the game, i dropped it after few hours. In 2010 before New Vegas i went back to try the game again and suddenly it clicked and i had a great time with it.

Another one is Dragon Age.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Demons Souls took me a few tries to figure out. I didn’t know how the tendency or leveling worked when I first played and ended up making it way harder on myself.

Picked it up a few years later and fell in love. Since then I’ve picked up and played (at least 2-3 times) every Souls game until Sekiro. It’s taken me three times to get into it but now I think it’s finally clicked and I’m finally making progress every time I play.

Silvawuff

Toss me in with the second chance BotW crowd. Played it and it was alright. Dropped it. Came back to it a half year later and loved it once I gave it some real time.

Schorschi

Prey!!. The first time after 2 hours i find it extremly boring... The second time i finished it, and I think this game is a masterpiece. Great Story, outer space action, and a fantastic atmosphere... Sorry for my english 🤷‍♂️

Cob32

Monster Hunter freedom. Kept wiping to the yian kut ku and put the game down. Not too sure why I gave the game another go, but I did and it clicked. It’s one of my favourite franchises now.

Rathalos

Banned
Prey. I finished it and didn't enjoy it, I rushed it and was very weak and died a lot. I decided to give it another try and take my time and I really enjoyed it, it turns out the side quests I was skipping were some of the best content in the game.

WilliamSBirkin

Neo Member
Tales of Zerstiria, forced myself to play it but had to stop. Combat was so bad i gave up. Gave it a few months pause and restarted, loved it so much i bought Berseria, completed that and bought Vesperia Definitive Edition.

Top Bottom