• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games Done Quick Express 2019 - GDQX2019

Dthomp

Thank you so much, loved last years GDQ, was kind of let down by the games from SGDQ so here's hoping for more entertaining runners.

Edit- Didn't notice this is just a weekend event. Either way, will watch and hope to be entertained

Last edited:

Dthomp

Yeah they finished around 152k, I think one of the major supporters of prizes donated 5k at the end to put them over the top.

I was introduced to GDQ last year and LOVED it, SGDQ was kind of a letdown for me after that, and while a few times I was entertained, I feel like it's way to many new similar games these days, and the streamers they "select" are nowhere near the best of the best and fit the quota of "woke" or "safe" enough for their weird image that they have spun. Things have gotten really cringey alot of the time, and it felt like half the people working the show (Likely tired AF) just don't seem to have any energy.

At one point we had Bloodborne all bosses, followed by Bloodborne glitches, followed by Sekiro....that's alot of basically the same thing in a row. Most of the runners have the charisma of a rock, and can kill a run completely. I love the dudes who can tell you about the game (Story, what they are doing, history of Speed running the game).

I just don't feel like alot of modern games really are built for speed running, at least not the ones these guys choose. I love the old NES/SNES speed runs since those games were designed for being beaten in a day.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: RSB
Top Bottom