• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass on Playstation: could this happen ?

GamePass on Playstation ?

• Yes

Votes: 60 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 216 69.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 35 11.3%

• Total voters

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Depends on how Microsoft see the future of the business.

Do they really care about selling a console, or do they really want to be the Netflix of gaming and have Gamepass on every device possible, even if that device is a PlayStation or even Switch.

If I was a MS shareholder, I'd certainly be up for getting Gamepass on PlayStation and/or Switch. That's potentially tens of millions of more subscribers.

lefty1117

Gold Member
There won't be a PS6. Sony will make licensed Xbox hardware bundled with their TVs and a Gamepass sub. This is the future.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Depends on how Microsoft see the future of the business.

Do they really care about selling a console, or do they really want to be the Netflix of gaming and have Gamepass on every device possible, even if that device is a PlayStation or even Switch.

If I was a MS shareholder, I'd certainly be up for getting Gamepass on PlayStation and/or Switch. That's potentially tens of millions of more subscribers.
At this point, they want to do both.

If they only cared about software and subs, they wouldn't have Xbox One X, and then Series S and X now. They'd be doing a Sega and ditch hardware and go multiplat like they did in 2002 or 2003.

As for GP on other systems, who knows if it's worth it. It depends if the sales and profits are a lot better than having their own eco system.

Also, having GP on PS probably doesn't even make sense because a bunch of third party games are already on PS Now (I wonder if anyone has ever done a count to see how many are duplicates?). So a PS gamer would then have to look at each sub plan and choose which ever one they want. More options is usually better, but sometimes more streamlined choices are too.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

The people in here salivating at the idea is amazing.

It's obvious a lot of people want to see MS spend whatever it takes to knock Sony out of the business.

Kokoloko85

I doubt it.

MS can always make a XBox studios version of gamepass to be on Switch and PS5, no 3rd party games, just games from MS studios.
There would have to be a deal obviously And split.

MS would be able to make profit from all the Switch’s and PS4/PS5 on the market.
Sony and Nintendo could make some money and 3rd party sales wouldn’t be effected on Switch or PS5 etc as it will be a different version of gamepass.

Top Bottom