• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer Cover Reveal – Horizon Forbidden West

SLB1904

Banned
342-reveal-gold.jpg
342-reveal-full.jpg

For our 12-page cover story, we spoke to Guerrilla Games about what Aloy’s adventure westward will entail, and we were treated to two hands-off demos. One demo showcased an area early in the game, providing a glimpse at the more detailed towns and character models alongside the new skill trees and workbench system. Our second demo took us much later in the game to see a boss battle in action against a new fierce foe: the Slitherfang. However, the new machines are only part of Aloy’s struggles this time around. Find out more about the additional pressures and conundrums coming her way, and how Guerrilla Games is taking Aloy and the gameplay in Horizon Forbidden West to a new level.

hype!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Beautiful artwork. I am really salty that I am really not interested in playing another open-world. First game as pretty as it was, was absolutely dreadful to play for me.

Not really feeling this cover tbh but I’m interested in the story.

Just patiently waiting for Edge Magazines cover since they did Sifu and Elden Ring already

Beautiful artwork. I am really salty that I am really not interested in playing another open-world. First game as pretty as it was, was absolutely dreadful to play for me.
I'd have to second that, it was all flash and no substance. This looks much better though.

Ezquimacore

Banned
This franchise is good enough at least to have a whole trilogy so hopefully the story is interesting enough. The first game had me intrigued until all the revelations, at the end I was like "meh" had the same experience with tales of arise a few months ago.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
One of the worst Game Informer covers ive seen in a while.
Even games I had no interest in got better covers *stares at outriders issue.

Sounds like this is really going to be an incredible game.

Between Elden Ring, Sifu and Horizon FW, 2022 looks to be starting off with possibly the best Q1 in gaming in a long while*.

*GT7 too, but excluded out of spite because I suck at sim racers :)
Im pretty much getting all 4 on top of FF Origins and maaaaaybe pokemon.

skit_data

Damn, I’m getting more and more hyped for this. I was thinking I could wait a while with getting this game because of the Elden Ring and GT7 releases.

My poor wallet…

Ozriel

M$FT
Im pretty much getting all 4 on top of FF Origins and maaaaaybe pokemon.

Hmm. I’m going to wait for reviews for FF Origins. Did the demo impress you that much?

Damn, I’m getting more and more hyped for this. I was thinking I could wait a while with getting this game because of the Elden Ring and GT7 releases.

My poor wallet…

No lies. Q1 alone, I could see people spending $200+ on games alone. Unless deals show up.

Horizon - $70
Sifu - $40
Elden Ring - $60
GT7 - $70 (more if you’re one of the crazies that like to splurge on digital deluxe editions).

Last edited:

saintjules

New info seems decent. Couldn’t get into the first one much. I’ll pick this up once it goes on sale.

I wouldn't bother if you're not into the first one. And the story feels continuous here, so it would be a disservice to you if you didn't complete the first one or at least read about the story in full.

I wouldn't bother if you're not into the first one. And the story feels continuous here, so it would be a disservice to you if you didn't complete the first one or at least read about the story in full.

I read about it. I’m gonna buy it because I purchased a PS5 and been looking to play something. I play everything else on PC , SX.

I think this will be good but I just don’t purchase games on launch anymore.

yurinka

It is weird to think that an in-game screenshot would have look better than the artwork they did use for the cover.

Hmm. I’m going to wait for reviews for FF Origins. Did the demo impress you that much?

Yeeah, its fun as hell. If you like Nioh you should like this.

I thought the first one was very average, great graphics, music, great premise and lore, and the Dino combat was fun. Everything else was shallow.

This one looks like its going back and fixing all the criticisms from the first game. They actually implemented a real melee/human combat engine in this game. The traversal is a major upgrade, they know we hated those stupid bull mounts and not being able to climb.

They’ve also fixed and upgraded the questing structure, towns, AI, crafting and skill progression systems (they said they completely threw out the old skill tree), writing and animations.

This is going to be a huge upgrade from the first game. I expect a far bigger leap in quality between these two games than GoW or Breath of The wild.

Last edited:
Multiple skill trees and my girl petra is back?!

horizon-forbidden-west-aloy.gif
Didn't HZD already have "multiple skill tree" (3= prowler,brave and forager) that you could "mix and match as you choose and do not have to choose just one"? Doesn't seems like it will be so different to me....anyway, the one that GG should bring back is Nil, if you haven't kill him in the first game, of course

GymWolf

Didn't HZD already have "multiple skill tree" (3= prowler,brave and forager) that you could "mix and match as you choose and do not have to choose just one"? Doesn't seems like it will be so different to me....anyway, the one that GG should bring back is Nil, if you haven't kill him in the first game, of course
Yeah but now are 6 of them, and with a special move to unlock when you complete them.

Hopefully they are not gonna be filled with bloat but only stuff that have an actual impact on the gameplay.

I think nil is gonna be there, it was one of the few memorable characters.

If petra return, i can see a nil return, even a vanesha return, bitch was shredded more than aloy...

Last edited:

It was a very shallow skill tree system that didn’t really change the dynamics of gameplay that much.

It reminded me of the skill tree in days gone. It just existed to make you feel like you were progressing.

GymWolf

It was a very shallow skill tree system that didn’t really change the dynamics of gameplay that much.

It reminded me of the skill tree in days gone. It just existed to make you feel like you were progressing.
Uh?! Don't know what you are talking about, you get a lot of valuable skill in the horizon skill tree.

At the beginning aloy is an inept.

And honestly it was mostly the same with days gone, very few +5 attack or shit like that.

Tbh most sony games have pretty great skill trees.

Top Bottom