• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass stuff coming soon (games and touch controls)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Touch-Controls.jpg

Coming-Soon_4.6.2021.jpg

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The touch controls are just a normal advertisement and are already available.

I will try MLB :D Just to see what the fuzz is all about it.
They added them to a ton of games is what they are advertising; it didn't exist for most games before the update.

Streaming + touch controls are like a one-two punch of dogshit for me though lol

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Pretty weak, why GTA V?? And as much has been MLB the show here, I don't care about it, watching flies fuck is probably more fun than sport games.

jaysius

Banned
What an awful drop, it's complete bullshit that they've made CLOUD games slots in their releases now, it used to be sidenotes.

reinking

Gold Member
I wish MS all the luck trying to get the mobile side of things launched but I don't see a lot of "phone" people signing up for Game Pass Ultimate. It is a nice perk for those that are already in the eco system though.

Chukhopops

Im surprised to see GTAV, wasn’t there supposed to be a special PS5 version coming?

Other than that, pretty weak lineup but I doubt that’s the whole month of April.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Gamepass console: GTA V

Gamepass PC: Dig dug

Gamepass pc is pretty poor value to PC only gamers since it left the beta phase and had a significant price increase. At least in my country.

Playing console games on your phone confuses me just as much as people giving money to only fans trollops.
It's about reaching customers that may not have a gaming PC or a console. More potential customers = more money for the company. It's also an additional way to play games just like, I don't know, the Nintendo Switch where you can play on TV or mobile.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
It's about reaching customers that may not have a gaming PC or a console. More potential customers = more money for the company.
Who the fuck doesn't have a console or pc but owns a smartphone which is more expensive?

Then, who has a phone, wants to play console or pc games and says to themselves "I would buy a console but it's too much money, I'll stick paying over the odds on data and play these amazing games that I really want to play on console, on my phone instead"

Do me a favour, go back to whoever gives you talking points and slap the taste out of their mouth.

Interfectum

It's about reaching customers that may not have a gaming PC or a console. More potential customers = more money for the company. It's also an additional way to play games just like, I don't know, the Nintendo Switch where you can play on TV or mobile.
I don't think streaming to phones is going to take off like Phil and Co think it is. There's still too much tech involved to make it work and it's directly competing with App Stores that have native games built specifically to play on said hardware.

These magical consumers that can afford a phone / streaming and refuse to play native games and yearn to play console games over a streaming service seem near non-existent. I gotta wonder how much Phil promised would come from this to his bosses.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Glad that GTAV is back on gamepass as there must be at least 17 people in the world who have never played it..........
Yeah, I'm one of them. I don't like Rockstar games and I really don't like GTA. Not fond of driving in games and I tried GTA5 when it was on Game Pass before, and the oh so edgy n****r this, n****r that about 100 times in the first 5 minutes was super annoying. I do not get the love for this and other R* games.

Yeah, I'm one of them. I don't like Rockstar games and I really don't like GTA. Not fond of driving in games and I tried GTA5 when it was on Game Pass before, and the oh so edgy n****r this, n****r that about 100 times in the first 5 minutes was super annoying. I do not get the love for this and other R* games.
Ah, n***a, don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, n***a. Maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass haircut you got you'd get some bitches on your dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha'll call your dog-ass if she ever stop fuckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she fucking with. N***a...

Last edited:
Gamepass console: GTA V

Gamepass PC: Dig dug

Gamepass pc is pretty poor value to PC only gamers since it left the beta phase and had a significant price increase. At least in my country.

? Xbox Game Pass for PC includes EA Play, unlike the Xbox version. Otherwise you'll need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Xbox consoles.

EA Play on PC has loads of games compared to the Xbox version.

Last edited:
? Xbox Game Pass for PC includes EA Play, unlike the Xbox version. Otherwise you'll need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Xbox consoles.

To add to this I never understood why leaving the beta phase and having the regular price is called by some a «price increase». It was well known that the finished pc gamepass service would be 10$ per month before the beta even begun.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Does not include "Uplay+" already?

Last edited:
Who the fuck doesn't have a console or pc but owns a smartphone which is more expensive?

Then, who has a phone, wants to play console or pc games and says to themselves "I would buy a console but it's too much money, I'll stick paying over the odds on data and play these amazing games that I really want to play on console, on my phone instead"

Do me a favour, go back to whoever gives you talking points and slap the taste out of their mouth.
You like to pop off but don't seem to know what you are talking about. Smartphones especially android ones are SUPER cheap. Again it is about giving people OPTIONS. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean the rest of the world struggles to understand simple concepts. Maybe you should slap yourself before talking about slapping others. It could only help your cause.
I don't think streaming to phones is going to take off like Phil and Co think it is. There's still too much tech involved to make it work and it's directly competing with App Stores that have native games built specifically to play on said hardware.

These magical consumers that can afford a phone / streaming and refuse to play native games and yearn to play console games over a streaming service seem near non-existent. I gotta wonder how much Phil promised would come from this to his bosses.
It is not an either or. It is an additional way to play like the Switch it is MS version of gaming on the go. Currently there is no stream only option so it is more for giving existing customers more options than appealing to people who have no game console at all.

M16

alot of people dont live the majority of the day at home like you, so you expect them to carry a console everywhere?
theres also something called wifi which is everywhere,who said you have to use it on mobile data? alot of places also have unlimited mobile data.
there are billions of phones,alot of them cheaper than consoles,and everyone has one.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
alot of people dont live the majority of the day at home like you, so you expect them to carry a console everywhere?
theres also something called wifi which is everywhere,who said you have to use it on mobile data? alot of places also have unlimited mobile data.
there are billions of phones,alot of them cheaper than consoles,and everyone has one.
Call me old fashioned but I prefer looking at the real world vs a phone screen. But I do know im the exception because my phone spends 90% of its life at home. The only time I take it with me is if I drive, just so I can phone breakdown services if worst comes to worst.

Plus, gaming addiction is a legitimately recognised condition and is it healthy to be gaming when away from console?

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Playing console games on your phone confuses me just as much as people giving money to only fans trollops.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I feel like streaming will have more reach when it gets going on PC and smart devices on TV. And no, I'm not talking PC players with a killer rig, I'm talking players that go the LowSpecGamer route. They might get a better experience via streaming than they do locally. I've always thought Sony didn't do nearly enough to promote their PC app to this group.

Top Bottom