• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Game Pass} New Games coming in the Second Half of March 2022

Plantoid

Yay, nice, will be giving it a shoot in-between my Elden ring sessions, perfect game to launch after dying for a fucking eagle while trying to get your souls back

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
yup, I thought on that, maybe the game will be up after the indie showcase

The game, the reviews and the showcase all happen simultaneously in 1hr23 (edit: reviews might be sooner)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Love the look of this game, and hopefully the gameplay's just as good.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Probably will be announced with the indie showcase event they're having later today.
Point Yes GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

anthony2690

Banned
I guess they were trying to add to the surprise off today's indie live stream, but the Microsoft store has foiled it :p

Edit:

Anyway turns out this month was really good after all for me, Tunic & Shredders :)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Another game pass shadow release

Another game pass shadow release

I have to try this lol. Some SJW websites were trying to act like this was one of the top 10 Switch games ever released. I will see for myself.

manfestival

If it wasn't for game pass I would never have tried Outriders, Nier, Prodeus, Aliens Elite Fireteam and Scarlet Nexus
My list is the same plus more and I share the exact sentiment. Though the only game I have beaten so far on that list is Outrider(loved it). Beat plenty of other games I never would've purchased if it wasn't for gamepass.

Danknugz

sweet haven't played a snowboarding game since 1080 on the n64. ssx i don't really consider a snowboarding game really, kind of how i don't consider thps a skateboarding game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
My list is the same plus more and I share the exact sentiment. Though the only game I have beaten so far on that list is Outrider(loved it). Beat plenty of other games I never would've purchased if it wasn't for gamepass.
Yeah if you only want the big shots outside Microsoft exclusives and EA games then the service might not be for you despite getting some big ones from time to time.

But if you try to discover games you'd normally never would have played then there's a big chance that you find a lot of hidden gems.

manfestival

Yeah if you only want the big shots outside Microsoft exclusives and EA games then the service might not be for you despite getting some big ones from time to time.

But if you try to discover games you'd normally never would have played then there's a big chance that you find a lot of hidden gems.
I was agreeing with your other point but not sure if I can agree with this extra point you are making. It really depends on the person and what they are looking for. There is no one perfect service that exists but this one does really good for the money at least for me.

Dr Bass

Tunic looks exactly like the kinds of games I love. Charming, gameplay focused, full of atmosphere. Good get.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Oh shit, they just stealth dropped Tunic? Nice. Installing now on GP PC, should be good for little break from non-stop Elden Ring.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Oh I can't tell you how many games I've tried, enjoyed and beaten that I would never have otherwise.

It's fantastic. Even Tunic, I probably wouldn't buy it separately but it's being received well and is on Game Pass, so I'm going to give it a proper-go.

Same for Shredders etc.

Last edited:
Shredder sounds like a pretty decent game, will definitely give it a honest to god shot too.

Opened the PC Xbox App, searched Shredders, clicked install now and hit with a "this app is having problems, try again later". MmE@w@#@##Q@#5423.

Lunch break over to the Series X it is then.

Having trouble with the controls on Shredders. Its cool though.

MS should've lent them some assistance from the MS Office teams. Just changing some of this menu font would've elevated the game. Its clearly indie but its pretty solid.

Having trouble with the controls on Shredders. Its cool though.

MS should've lent them some assistance from the MS Office teams. Just changing some of this menu font would've elevated the game. Its clearly indie but its pretty solid.

I'm still not flowing with the controls yet either, played for about 30-45 mins so far. The presentation is nice and they've done a creative job with the Indie scale issues. The carving and slowing is pretty neat. The momentum and controls I need to work on still. Next up I want to give the spawning on a player thingy a go to shred with some other peeps.

I think if I remap a few of these buttons with the Elite/Xbox controller app I'll have a better time. The right trigger for prejump and making a jump etc feels a little weird and off. I'm having a little rotation issue coming off the jump too, I start a flip when not wanting to. Just need to get the controls down still.

Last edited:
I'm still not flowing with the controls yet either, played for about 30-45 mins so far. The presentation is nice and they've done a creative job with the Indie scale issues. The carving and slowing is pretty neat. The momentum and controls I need to work on still. Next up I want to give the spawning on a player thingy a go to shred with some other peeps.

I think if I remap a few of these buttons with the Elite/Xbox controller app I'll have a better time. The right trigger for prejump and making a jump etc feels a little weird and off. I'm having a little rotation issue coming off the jump too, I start a flip when not wanting to. Just need to get the controls down still.
Its definitely a little rough around the edges. But I'm kinda in. Its fun. Its almost like they tried to do too much. This is more complex than 1080 on N64 but not as polished in some areas. Shouldve just nailed down some races. Some of the trick controls are challenging to juggle on the right hand. And you have to totally let go of the left stick or you tilt oddly.

Im having fun though and even like the cheesy cutscenes. Kind of charming. Nice music too.

Its definitely a little rough around the edges. But I'm kinda in. Its fun. Its almost like they tried to do too much. This is more complex than 1080 on N64 but not as polished in some areas. Shouldve just nailed down some races. Some of the trick controls are challenging to juggle on the right hand. And you have to totally let go of the left stick or you tilt oddly.

Im having fun though and even like the cheesy cutscenes. Kind of charming. Nice music too.

So true on the right vs left statement. The game had a custom soundtrack from another Indie artist -

adamsapple

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games is now live on game pass

Goddamn, GP subscribers ate GOOD in March.

Hopefully April matches this momentum.

FOA2fiUXsAU7eoz
Yeah, and this was supposedly a shit month lmao. I wonder what a good month looks like.

I'm still stuck playing Elden Ring, I only tried Tunic for two hours so far. Gonna play Guardians next week tho.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Good that they landed that March 17th date as rumored, looking forward to this for a while.

I like the direction of a more "realistic", Amped style of snowboarding (albeit come back soon, SSX...) Riders Republic and even Steep didn't really connect for me and I hope Shredders finally fills that gap. I would some day still like a boarding game with more physical impact of landing, as we lost that "stomp it out" feel of needing to have the board set right or else your balance is a little wonky until you recover; 1080 did that way back when but pretty much every game since has been about the fun of tricking instead of the feel and challenge of success in even simple jumps.

As far as playing Shredders, this video shows the meters and mechanics (looks like there's a little bit of pre-load to jumps, plus some kind of "Flow" meter but I'm not understanding that, it goes down in perfect landings and not others and doesn't seem to be based on balance or wobbliness on a sudden change of terrain?) a little bit better than trailers alone. Looking forward to some full run tapes before the game comes out.

That looks like a lot of fun.

the first Amped is one of my GOATs. Just flawless gaming IMO. So damn chill and the OST is the soundtrack of my Junior/Senior Year. Always takes me back.

Top Bottom