• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Game Informer] Watch the First 5 Minutes of Hitman 3's Opening Dubai Mission

PC version, looks like ray tracing is in full effect (I was wrong, no RT in the vid). Vid only goes up to 1080p, sadly

Per GI:

Hitman 3 is the highly anticipated finale to IO Interactive’s expansive World of Assassination Trilogy that began back in Hitman 2016. The game will take Agent 47 on an adventure across the globe as he eliminates the leaders of a menacing secret society, and his journey begins atop the tallest skyscraper in the world. As part of our exclusive coverage of the game, you can now watch the first 5 minutes of Hitman 3’s opening Dubai mission, during which Agent 47 descends upon The Sceptre.

Please note that this Hitman 3 gameplay was captured on PC by Game Informer.

Hide my body in a locker if old.

edit

Google telling me this comes out in just 3 weeks? Jan 20th?

HITMAN 3 - Pre-order Today - IO Interactive

HITMAN 3 will be released on 20th January 2021 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Stadia and PC (via Epic Games Store).

Last edited:
Yea this might be worth a shot on Next Gen consoles. When does this come out?

Google is telling me Jan 20th, 2021

Only 3 weeks away? That can't be right. Is that 100 percent confirmed?

Will definitely be a good game for the analysis threads, especially comparing ray tracing

Banned
didn't they say this would have raytracing? I see no sign of it in this video... maybe it's the lighting, because for lighting it's way more subtle.
and before anyone tries to say that the reflections are raytraced, no they're not. the windows look very much like they use render to texture to me, no de-noiseing artifacts visible and no ghosting that I can tell... could of course be a very high ray count and very very good denoising... but since HM2 already used render to texture for windows like these I'd go with that. and the rest (floors and other shiny objects) use SSR + reflection maps.

the only thing that might be raytraced is at 4:08 .. it looks like some dynamic objects (in this case NPCs, also maybe the ceiling?) are reflected in real time even when not in screenspace, could be a very simple RT implementation or could be planar reflections or render to texture again... hard to tell in motion and with YT compression.
also only the glass transparent floor exhibits these and the rest of the floor uses only SSR

so if RT is enabled in this demo, the usage of it seems extremely limited

Last edited:
didn't they say this would have raytracing? I see no sign of it in this video... maybe it's the lighting, because for lighting it's way more subtle.
and before anyone tries to say that the reflections are raytraced, no they're not. the windows look very much like they use render to texture to me, no de-noiseing artifacts visible and no ghosting that I can tell... could of course be a very high ray count and very very good denoising... but since HM2 already used render to texture for windows like these I'd go with that. and the rest (floors and other shiny objects) use SSR + reflection maps.

the only thing that might be raytraced is at 4:08 .. it looks like some dynamic objects (in this case NPCs, also maybe the ceiling?) are reflected in real time even when not in screenspace, could be a very simple RT implementation or could be planar reflections or render to texture again... hard to tell in motion and with YT compression.
also only the glass transparent floor exhibits these and the rest of the floor uses only SSR

so if RT is enabled in this demo, the usage of it seems extremely limited

Interesting.

I would have guessed those reflections were RT'd but I will take your word for it.

They still look pretty great, all things considered. IMO, anyway

This is SX/PS5 day and date?

Might bite.

HITMAN 3 - Pre-order Today - IO Interactive

HITMAN 3 will be released on 20th January 2021 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Stadia and PC (via Epic Games Store).

Last edited:

Banned
Interesting.

I would have guessed those reflections were RT'd but I will take your word for it.

They still look pretty great, all things considered. IMO, anyway

the windows look great, the floors don't really.

but Hitman 2, and 1 to a lesser extent, already had really good reflections.
they also both used render to texture in many scenes, the second game way more than the first tho and in more impressive ways (the big windows in the intro mission)
and enemies actually can spot you in reflections... something SplinterCell 3 on the og Xbox already did btw...that game was a fucking tech showcase back in the day

I could be wrong and the reflections in those windows are raytraced here, but to me they very much look like render to texture reflections (which can look better than RT actually, but are more or less limited to flat surfaces)
since RT reflections would usually show signs of noise due to the limited ray count and softness around edges that the denoising does to the image.

EDIT: so apparently my analysis was bang on, GameInformer confimed that the devs said RT implementation will come sometime later in 2021 and not on release.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm so fucking excited for this, that intro was great, can't wait to master this level.

I'll be there, but not day one just because I want to know how it runs on PS5 and if its not better than what I can do on PC then I'll play there again. Annoying thats its only on EGS now though, just because its really buggy for me lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom