• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Spider-Man Miles Morales includes a remastered PS4 Spider-Man

Amiga

Doesn't answer price or if I have to replay the game just to play MM content.

I'm not paying $60 for it simply because the OG is in there. The scope of the game is smaller than the first game. Packing in the original game is fine as long as the price doesn't go up. I already bought the first game.
they can't explain it better than standalone.
as for price you can wait for a discount if the game is $60 and you feel it's not big enough. But from the way they communicate they made it seem like a $40 game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Why would you think you'd need to replay Marvels Spiderman when they've told you MM is a standalone game?

Then why include the original game if its stand alone? It's not standalone if the game isn't alone.

I don't think they would be dumb enough to force a playing of OG but clearly what this game is from a packaged product stand point isn't clear.

They compare it to Lost Legacy which was a $40 game in a unique setting. And that didn't include Uncharted 4. This product appears to include both games.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
they can't explain it better than standalone.
as for price you can wait for a discount if the game is $60 and you feel it's not big enough. But from the way they communicate they made it seem like a $40 game.

It's not stand alone if it includes another product. This seems more like a new product combined with the original.

Last edited:
Then why include the original game if its stand alone? It's not standalone if the game isn't alone.

I don't think they would be dumb enough to force a playing of OG but clearly what this game is from a packaged product stand point isn't clear.

They compare it to Lost Legacy which was a $40 game in a unique setting. And that didn't include Uncharted 4. This product appears to include both games.

You're basing it off a rumour and for all we know it just means they're bundling them together. They've said its a standalone game that doesn't require the OG game, which means it should have its own executable

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
MM is a standalone game that doesn't require Marvels Spiderman

That should tell you all you need to know

And the rumor of this thread is that it is indeed, not stand alone. If its not required, then why is it in the package? Sounds like I would need it then.

if they include the original game at no extra cost then thats fantastic as I already bought that game. But if they try to sell a game for $60 and justify by saying well the original is in there but theres also this new content, then thats where I have an issue.

Which by the way this game was originally announced by Sony as “I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game." Which is exactly what this rumor sounds like.

And the rumor of this thread is that it is indeed, not stand alone. If its not required, then why is it in the package? Sounds like I would need it then.

if they include the original game at no extra cost then thats fantastic as I already bought that game. But if they try to sell a game for $60 and justify by saying well the original is in there but theres also this new content, then thats where I have an issue.

Which by the way this game was originally announced by Sony as “I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game." Which is exactly what this rumor sounds like.

Just because they might bundle the two together doesn't mean it won't be a standalone game.

Sure... but if I can't buy it alone...then why do I care?

I'm not concerned with what you care about. I'm answering your question regarding whether you'll need to replay the OG PS4 game.

You won't based on Insomniacs statment. It is a standalone game that doesn't require Marvels Spiderman

Last edited:

White-fire

The game could very well be added simply to increase the value proposition to the purchaser, as in, "Hey here's the first part of this story upgraded for you to play." Lets say Miles Morales is around 10 hours, it would sweeten the deal to add the first game with certain upgrades.

Imagine Naughty Dog hadn't released The Lost Legacy yet and made it as a PS5 launch title, and also bundled in Uncharted 4 just for kicks. You could choose to play Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy first. They would be independent of each other and separate products, bundled together. By how this rumor is stated, it sounds like the above scenario.

Man both of these launch console games lineup are looking rough one looks like a current gen game wile the other is a remastered dlc 2020 is a horrible year.

Last edited:
If that's the case, I sincerely hope that they still give the PS5 version away to owners of the PS4 game. I would love it if I could just stick my PS4 disk in my PS5 and play the alleged PS5 version at no extra cost.

If the alleged PS5 version is locked behind a paywall of a "stand alone expansion" game at full retail price, I am going to be pissed. I also hope that Spider-Man Miles Morales will still be a good sized game, but if It's bundled in with Spider-Man 1 then I have some serious doubts tbh.

quickwhips

Sounds like an expansion that could of happened on ps4. Anyone praising buy a game again this generation. I’ll see myself out.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I feel like it's just a misprint and maybe they meant "engine."

Or they are just wrong; they aren't reporting this as "news" and it would be big news. They didn't quote anyone, or even claim a source or Insomniac told them . It's way too matter of fact if they really intended this to be an announcement of the game being bundled.

Last edited:

Esca

I'm cool with this. I've been in the mood to play Spiderman again but have held off since Sony showed the miles version. I'll buy the combo to reexperience a great game

this game is seeming more like enhanced dlc on top of the base game

more spidey is good but i dont think its gonna be the complete new game people are thinking its going to be

"At a virtual event Thursday, Sony and developer Insomniac Games Inc. announced Spider-Man: Miles Morales with a short trailer that left fans speculating whether it was a brand-new game or an expansion to the first Spider-Man game, released in 2018 for the PlayStation 4. Comments from Sony vice president Simon Rutter to the British newspaper The Telegraph calling it “an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game” led to more confusion among gamers.

In truth, Spider-Man: Miles Morales is not an expansion or enhancement but a new video game, the person said, comparing it to Uncharted Lost Legacy, a game from Naughty Dog Inc. that was smaller in size and scope than a mainline Uncharted title. Uncharted Lost Legacy sold for $40 rather than the standard $60, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales is expected to follow a similar path."

With that said I think there might be an option to buy both together for the PS5. Also this doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a patch for the original Spiderman game on the PS4.

There are plenty of games that are standalone that come bundled with another game. Even your example using Uncharted doesn't fit your definitiniton of "standalone" because if you bought the season pass it came with Lost Legacy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
There are plenty of games that are standalone that come bundled with another game. Even your example using Uncharted doesn't fit your definitiniton of "standalone" because if you bought the season pass it came with Lost Legacy.

The season pass was eventually pulled in the case of Uncharted as they had pivoted the DLC direction. Bad example.

Video game publishers have released games with new content before and packaged them as "new" products. Why people are trying to act as if thats impossible in this situation is a bit perplexing when it pertains to this rumor. If the MM has the original game included in the package, wither you have to play it or not to expereince MM, it would still be a "standalone" package. The same way Persona 5 Royale is a stand alone package, or the way Batman Arkham City Armored Edition was a stand alone package.

The game could very well be added simply to increase the value proposition to the purchaser, as in, "Hey here's the first part of this story upgraded for you to play." Lets say Miles Morales is around 10 hours, it would sweeten the deal to add the first game with certain upgrades.

Imagine Naughty Dog hadn't released The Lost Legacy yet and made it as a PS5 launch title, and also bundled in Uncharted 4 just for kicks. You could choose to play Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy first. They would be independent of each other and separate products, bundled together. By how this rumor is stated, it sounds like the above scenario.

I am totally fine with adding the game as long as it doesnt increase the cost of the product.

Last edited:

Mmnow

I've been saying this for a while. Since the beginning I was sure the standalone stuff was marketing, and that the original game would be bundled.

I've not got a problem with that, depending on price. I think a better way of doing it would be to give the original game remastered as the first PS5 Plus title, then offer a fairly deep discount on MM early adoptors, then do a bundle after a couple of months for everybody else.

That way those that haven't played it can, those that have can compare, and those that just want the new content can get it at a fair price.

But more likely this is a remaster with a touch of new content to sweeten the deal and we'll be made to pay accordingly.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Crazy, because if it was portrayed as Spider-Man remastered including a Miles add-on people would probably be mad. But they flip it the other way around and now it seems like a great deal :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Looking forward to seeing how much work has been put in to the original, hopefully they went back in and made significant upgrades (although it looked great already).

If they hit 4k/60 in that and as long as I can earn another set of trophies in the PS5 version, then I'm OK with it.

wow that's a big bonus for those who missed out on the original because a) they didn't own a PlayStation 4 b)missed out on PS Now streaming option c)Missed out owning the game despite owning the console. This is a big and nice surprise if Sony bundles a remastered version of Spider-Man taking advantage of the horse power offering 4K60fps along with Miles Morales.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's the right call. I was wondering if they will do this as a "surprise", and I guess they kinda did

MrS

Banned
Having not played Spider-Man, I'm down for a PS5 enhanced remaster and Miles Morales. Very cool.

Top Bottom