• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Spider-Man Miles Morales includes a remastered PS4 Spider-Man

ZZZZ

Maybe it will be a bundle?
I doubt that the normal version of the game will come with the ps4 game.
I believe Game Informer is using old info.

Last edited:

Arkam

I like this as long as I can go straight to the Miles content as I have already beaten the core PS4 game. they can drop some gameplay videos anytime :)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
A new game that looks cross gen is a worse showing than an expansion for a last gen game? Mkay
The old game looks damn good and the Miles Morales standalone will have upgraded skin shaders for the characters and 4D scans

jBlfu3o.jpg

KgLHmsD.jpg

A.Romero

Expecting Sony to not sell one of the few PS5 games at launch full price is very misguided. There is no reason for them to sell for a lower price because the demand is going to be there, even if it's only for a very few consoles available during the first few months. By the time consoles are widely available, the game will be way lower in price.

I doubt MM won't be a full fledged game but it will re use assets as it has been an standard practice for decades (as it should be).

Including the prequel is just icing on the cake for people that are interested in re-playing or that never got around to play it for any reason.

Mr Hyde

If true, I will hold off on the DLC till I get my hands on a PS5. Bought the complete edition but only finished the main campaign.

Elcid

Banned
Making a remaster of a PS4 game that most PS4 owners have played, finished, and maybe even Platinumed isn't the best marquee launch title for a new expensive system.
It is for me when I'm looking for an occasion to replay it anyways.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Looks like a greedy move if true or the new campaign will simply be relatively small. Millions of people have bought the first game and now you expect them to buy it again? They're definitely going to charge 60 bucks for the bundle.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Awesome for me personally; their "no loading times on PS5 in Spiderman" video actually got me to wait to buy the game until next-gen anyways lol

So I'll be playing the entire game for the first time on PS5 either way.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This would be a fantastic value add. I think very few people would complain about first party next-gen right out of the gate in the form of a an expansion + a PS5 remaster.

That really sounds like a way to make everyone happy, deliver a technical killer app at launch, and have it be packed with content.

I just wonder how far the PS5 remaster would go. I'm not expecting them to redo the whole game, but it seems that any of the improvements to NYC on deck for Miles Morales, could easily transfer over here. Including web-slinging speed.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Somebody asked Jason Schreier if there's any chance of MM coming to PS4.
His answer :
jMNagal.jpg

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
So long as we don't have to play through the original game to access the new Miles Morales content then I'll be fine with that.

I'll happily play through Spider-Man again for the third time but I'd rather wait a few more years (maybe before Spider-Man 2 comes out).

Elcid

Banned
Awesome for me personally; their "no loading times on PS5 in Spiderman" video actually got me to wait to buy the game until next-gen anyways lol

So I'll be playing the entire game for the first time on PS5 either way.
I'm jealous. I wish I could erase my memory and do it again fresh. It's legit one of the best games ever and one of the best Spider-Man stories. I also recommend the DLC which I'm assuming will be bundled in too. I platinumed it and the DLC...

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm jealous. I wish I could erase my memory and do it again fresh. It's legit one of the best games ever and one of the best Spider-Man stories. I also recommend the DLC which I'm assuming will be bundled in too. I platinumed it and the DLC...
Yeah I rarely play games near their launch; just hard for me to find time like that as I'm usually working on my backlog.

I did play a demo of it at PAX West and was sold on the game either way... I'm just never in a big rush, and then when I heard about PS5 SSD it was hard for me to not want to wait lol

Grinchy

Banned
I just can't really get excited for this. I'm already on the fence on the 2018 one from being bored of the Batman combat formula. I wouldn't mind if my next try at getting into it was a remastered version to take more advantage of a new generation system, but I'm not shelling out $70 for that when I already still own a copy of the PS4 one.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm intrigued what a Remaster would look like compared to the PS4 version running on PS5
Almost guaranteed it'll be a PS5 Enhanced title
So a Remaster would be.....

It could be that the remaster packed with Miles Morales comes a few weeks ahead of the PS5 patch for the PS4 version. A bonus for PS5 owners that do not have Spider-Man already :).

Last edited:

Starcheif

Good to see a great game like that getting a upgrade! I have not played it yet because I was waiting for my kid to get a little older so we could enjoy it together since he loves Spiderman.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Insomniac said it was a stand alone game, I think your right. Spiderman would be one of the first games to get a ps5 patch also.

What would be the problem with an additional bundle SKU with both games?
The article and the take seem a bit like trying to dig up some dirt or something that could look like dirt to be fair...

Last edited:
I already platinumed Spiderman and there's always too many unfinished and new games to play, so let's see if 60 fps and updated gfx are enough to make me want to replay it.

Considering they sell Spider-Man game of the year edition for $20 right now, it would make sense to include it with Miles Morales (which they already said was $40) for a total of $60. Also possible that they will just include Spider-Man with Miles Morales for the already stated price of $40 making it a great value for a short expansion.

Bryank75

Banned
If it gives a new set of trophies and has better graphics and lighting...maybe ray tracing....
I haven't done the DLC's yet and Miles Morales will be 8-10 hours.

I'll buy for full price.

Better than buying other 'next gen' games for full price...you know what I'm talking abou!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I never finished the original and have been meaning to get back to it. If this is a launch title, I think I'll pick it up.

FranXico

I'll wait to see how much they plan on charging for this. It should not be more than €40.
If they do, I'll pass and buy other games instead, until the price drops.

leo-j

110m+ PS4s have sold.
Spider-Man 13.2m copies have sold

According to math that's 8.3% which is quite the opposite of your statement. Also, MOST people don't platinum games in general and that's irrelevant regardless.

13.2 million? Are you sure that number is accurate? I was under the impression they hit 16 million already.

Kronos9x

They usually do this when they don't have confidence that the title will sell a lot or there is not enough content to justify $60.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

I'm not surprised. Miles Morales Spider-Man seems like a dlc add on. I wonder if its going to be a 60 dollar game now?

Beelzebubs

I mean it probably will be a full game sized expansion pack but let's be honest, they're set in the same city so most of the assets will be re-used hence easy to package a remaster with it for added value.

Amiga

If they are going to make me buy this at $60 to get MM, I'm out.

Edit: This also means that the original word on this game being an expansion to the OG game and is included was indeed true.

I'm not surprised. Miles Morales Spider-Man seems like a dlc add on. I wonder if its going to be a 60 dollar game now?

"It's important to note that regardless of the case, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a standalone game. It's not an expansion and you don't need to own Marvel's Spider-Man to play it. "

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
"It's important to note that regardless of the case, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a standalone game. It's not an expansion and you don't need to own Marvel's Spider-Man to play it. "
Doesn't answer price or if I have to replay the game just to play MM content.

I'm not paying $60 for it simply because the OG is in there. The scope of the game is smaller than the first game. Packing in the original game is fine as long as the price doesn't go up. I already bought the first game.

Last edited:
Doesn't answer price or if I have to replay the game just to play MM content.

I'm not paying $60 for it simply because the OG is in there.

Why would you think you'd need to replay Marvels Spiderman when they've told you MM is a standalone game?

Last edited:

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Not surprised, this has always seemed more like dlc/addon content than a full game. If it's full priced I'll just wait a few weeks for the sale.

Top Bottom