• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Horizon Forbidden West – Introducing The Mighty Slitherfang

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
2odep1.jpg

Please make the crow out to:

Sam Crow
189 Crow owl lane
Crow york city.

nowhat

I’m having a great time exploring the land, collecting metal flowers, finding vantage points, completing side quests, expanding the map with Tallnecks.
Just to make sure you're "getting it", each vantage point has an associated text log entry. Definitely read those as well, the audio snippets are cool but don't tell the full story. Which is both fascinating and harrowing.

Haggard

Banned
the 500 dollar box runs matrix which does RTGI and RT shadows.
@1080p internal resolution @20-30fps in an absolute best case Nanite scenario (lumen really really doesn`t like lighting non-nanite meshes)

Let´s just say i`m not too optimistic concerning RTGI on consoles this gen but I´d love to be pleasently surprised. I´m certainly not expecting systems as in Metro Exodus EE to become the norm while simultaneously making that next gen density jump.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Man.. those bosses are almost metal gear level. But for some reason, I am not feeling the game just like how I didn't feel the first one aside from the story lore where it's going.

For some reason, killing huge metal robots by arrows from a fat chick doesn't click with me. like at all.

I am also gutted this is a PS4 game too. a 2022 game. when the PS5 was released in 2020and we still getting PS4 games on PS5.

I am not going to judge the game yet as it's not out and I did not play it yet but eh.

Edit: forgot what year the ps5 was released lol

Last edited:
Man.. those bosses are almost metal gear level. But for some reason, I am not feeling the game just like how I didn't feel the first one aside from the story lore where it's going.

For some reason, killing huge metal robots by arrows from a fat chick doesn't click with me. like at all.

I am also gutted this is a PS4 game too. a 2022 game. when the PS5 was released in 2019 and we still getting PS4 games on PS5.

I am not going to judge the game yet as it's not out and I did not play it yet but eh.
Try following wario64 on twitter, he announces playstation 5 drops pretty often

Last edited:

Rea

I am also gutted this is a PS4 game too. a 2022 game. when the PS5 was released in 2019 and we still getting PS4 games on PS5.

Ps5 released in 2020.

Mister Wolf

@1080p internal resolution @20-30fps in an absolute best case Nanite scenario (lumen really really doesn`t like lighting non-nanite meshes)

Let´s just say i`m not too optimistic concerning RTGI on consoles this gen but I´d love to be pleasently surprised. I´m certainly not expecting systems as in Metro Exodus EE to become the norm while simultaneously making that next gen density jump.

I wonder if Hellblade 2 will use Lumen on consoles.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Inviusx

I am also gutted this is a PS4 game too. a 2022 game. when the PS5 was released in 2020and we still getting PS4 games on PS5.

I felt the same way and still do. The merging of hyper technology with nature just doesn't work for me, aside from being cliche as hell I just think the two styles just don't suit each other. I wish the monsters were actually just monsters and not robots. Ruins the vibe.

Topher

Gold Member
I felt the same way and still do. The merging of hyper technology with nature just doesn't work for me, aside from being cliche as hell I just think the two styles just don't suit each other. I wish the monsters were actually just monsters and not robots. Ruins the vibe.

I disagree. That vibe of fighting robotic monsters is the vibe that pulled me and kept me interested. Certainly would rather play this futuristic tale with the mystery of all the tech and where it came from than some dinosaur-ish hunter game. I think that would lose all the appeal. But.....to each their own.

T0minator

I stopped reading at "fat chick" 🤦🏻‍♂️ this forum has gone downhill in the IQ department.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
This looks amazing. Got a great deal on a PS4 Pro with games + extra controllers etc on eBay yesterday. First game I'm going to play is HZD

GymWolf

When fidelity get so high it is normal to notice water or sand not reacting properly, it was already super noticeable during past gen and it's gonna be worse in the future.

You people get offended too easily, let me put it this way, people criticize this stuff because there is nothing else to criticize in those gifs, people is just indirectly praising guerrilla.

Look at halo infinite topics if you wanna see what talking shit about graphic really look like.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Just to make sure you're "getting it", each vantage point has an associated text log entry. Definitely read those as well, the audio snippets are cool but don't tell the full story. Which is both fascinating and harrowing.
Indeed. It wasn’t until I had found about 6-7 of them before I saw the additional text in the menu when you select them.

I have no clue who’s telling it, but the troubled youth with the stepdad is a great read, I agree. Interesting to see where it goes so I keep hunting them down.

The metal flowers have little poems if you select them as well.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

The Matrix demo is also pushing state of the art visuals with some insane traffic density. Push that down a bit and you will get a stable 30 fps. That 1080p is also being reconstructed similar to PS4 Pro games, and Returnal. It definitely doesnt look 1080p. I was playing GOW3 last night and its still a 1080p game. Shimmering and jaggies ruin the image quality there. In the Matrix, the game looks far far cleaner than any 1080p games I have seen and on par with ND's 1440p games like Uncharted and TLOU when it comes to image clarity.

It's also an open world game that lets you fly around. Linear games shouldnt have any issues with RTGI if they dont decide to waste 80% of the GPU rendering pixels trying to hit native 4k. Even John and Alex in the DF best graphics of the year thread mentioned this about ratchet. There is really no need for them to be pushing resolutions that high when reconstruction techniques have gotten so much better.

We dont know for sure if the puddles, foliage interaction and other fluid simulation of alloy diving into water will make it into the final game, but it wont be because the PS5 is too weak. It would be because they CHOSE to target native 4k instead of increased graphical fidelity.

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
Guerilla are magicians with any hardware, regardless of whether it's PS3/4/5. It's cool they're adding more "big" enemies, the first game had the thunderjaw & rockbreakers but most enemies were small-medium sized. Also excited to see the monkeys in action.

I also hope they fix the intro/prologue with this game. I remember I first started and got bored in 20 minutes, revisited 2 yrs later & platinumed in a week. A lot of people seem to share this sentiment as well.

Last edited:
We’ll prob get another big info dump or trailer this upcoming week. They’ve been pretty consistent since early december

Last edited:

SSfox

Imo they shouldn't have showed this much about this boss, the little tease in the trailer was already more than enough. Showing this now will make it way less exciting for the player when he/she gonna encounter the creature. And I feel that most modern devs don't get that.

SLB1904

Banned
Imo they shouldn't have showed this much about this boss, the little tease in the trailer was already more than enough. Showing this now will make it way less exciting for the player when he/she gonna encounter the creature. And I feel that most modern devs don't get that.
I agree with you, In my opinion they shouldn't show at all. That's why I envy casuals they don't get to see this stuff until they play the game.

GymWolf

the lack of new media for this game is disturbing , i mean shit son this thing is out within 2 months , show something sony
I'm okay with not showing anything else.

they already showed:

where the plot is going on or at least the new menaces

the new gameplay mechanics

the improvements in the weak areas like traversal, human combat and digital acting

many new monsters

a 15 min gameplay video

I'm ok with discovering the rest of the game by myself, even the snake reveal was too much imo, imagine seeing this mofo for the first time ingame instead of a trailer...

Of course i'm gonna suffer like a bitch without any new stuff to nerd about on gaf :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Casuals may not see this stuff at all, completion in open world games is pretty low for them, most will not even reach the boss.
facts, i have only 2 friends that play videogames and they are both super casual, they don't even know what ign or sony state of play are...imagine stuff like game informer...

Top Bottom