• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

There are several rumors of remasters. F-zero, Zelda, MP1, and some 3rd party rumored remasters. There were a few rumored 3rd party ports coming as well. Things like Borderlands 3 and Batman etc. New titles like Donkey Kong, and Fire Emblem have also all been rumored.

Last edited:
Man if we don’t get Metroid Prime soon, I’m gonna scream. With that said, other more pressing matters: we are about half a year out from BotW 2. I’m expecting we’ll have some idea what it’s all about soon and probably a release date around New Years.

Woopah

If theyre happening I see them being early next year or December maybe

Theres still:
Splatoon 3 - September
Mario Rabbids / Bayonetta 3 - October
Pokemon - November
Its possible, but Nintendo does publish multiple games a month fairly often.

My thought process is that they won't want to release the games too close to BOTW2, which I think is coming March/April next year.

Camreezie

Its possible, but Nintendo does publish multiple games a month fairly often.

My thought process is that they won't want to release the games too close to BOTW2, which I think is coming March/April next year.
I think BOTW 2 will be the swansong for the Switch at the end of 2023 and we get these remasters around March

Last edited:

Camreezie

Its currently due Spring 2023, are you expecting another delay?
I think we have seen so little and are getting closer to the end of 2022 without seeing any more of a blowout of it. I think e3 2016 they had a massive BOTW blowout and i expect similar before the release of 2. Surely they want a huge marketing push behind this

Mr Hyde

Crossing fingers I get my Cowabunga collection tomorrow. Excited to revisit some of the classics in there. I also fired up Dying Light and damn, it looks fucking impressive. Probably the most technically impressive game I've seen on the Switch so far. Except maybe for the Witcher 3. My only gripe so far is the controls. Switch is a little cumbersome when it comes to the parkour, the grips are a little too small and iffy. On the telly with the Pro pad it works great, full control, but handheld is a bit more tricky. Any way, can't wait to dive back in. Very fun so far.

Mr Hyde

Just saw the trailer to DioField Chronicles. It looks great. And it releases in September along with Valkyrie Elysium. How have I missed this?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just saw the trailer to DioField Chronicles. It looks great. And it releases in September along with Valkyrie Elysium. How have I missed this?

Yeah I wasn’t as excited about this until recently some of the newer showings have piqued my interest much more than the initial trailer.

Mr Hyde

Yeah I wasn’t as excited about this until recently some of the newer showings have piqued my interest much more than the initial trailer.

Srpg used to be one of my favorite genres back in the day, but over the years I've kinda abandoned them in favor of action-rpgs, adventures and open world. Gonna try this and see if it can reignite my interest again. DioField Chronicles looks like a high quality title.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Srpg used to be one of my favorite genres back in the day, but over the years I've kinda abandoned them in favor of action-rpgs, adventures and open world. Gonna try this and see if it can reignite my interest again. DioField Chronicles looks like a high quality title.
Did you try Triangle Strategy? Its very wordy but a pretty good game.

Mr Hyde

No. I passed on it due to the reasons you mention, mainly the excessive dialogue that interferes with gameplay. If the game is too talky I lose interest. I got books for that.

Finished Bayonetta 2. You were right guys, glad I played it! I’d say the first was a 5/10 for me, but 2 is either 8 or 9/10 for sure. They improved the combat so much, and kept everything else that was good from the first. And Moon River is now stuck in my head, such a perfect intro and epilogue.

Now banging my head against the Witch Trial stages. God I suck lol.

Andyliini

Went through 3DS and Wii U Virtual Consoles to see of there are any games I might have missed during their initial release. Turned out there were quite a few games to get, as it looks unlikely those games might be released any time soon.

For 3DS I got:
Lufia: The Legend Returns (Game Boy Color)
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (Game Gear)
Defenders of Oasis (Game Gear)
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge (GBA)

And for Wii U:
Axelay (SNES)
Bomberman 64 (N64)
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA)

Maybe I'll do one final sweep later, but those seem to be it for now.

Arcadialane

I wonder why metroid trilogy for wii u physical is so expensive? I've seen it here going for £80.

Think i'll pick it up from the digital store while it's only 20.

I'm currently playing Xenoblade DE... it's really making me regret not buying a Wii, it would have been worth it for this game alone (and, you know, the dozen or so great exclusives I never got to play).

So far I'm liking it a lot more than I did XC2 (in which I admit I never got that far). The maps are great, the characters are great, Dunban is great, the soundtrack is great, no fucking Blade gatcha... definitely one of my favs on the Switch.
I finally got the last party member, and after giving them Speed gear they'd feel right at home in the "best butts in gaming" thread. Although posting it there would be a massive spoiler, and it's a pain trying to get the right angle lol. Monolith really love their mecha waifus, don't they...

I'll definitely give XC2 a second chance once I'm done with this one though, I heard Torna was also very good (if not better than the main game) so I might get it too.

So I am going to cross post this here. For everyone to see.

Several items to speak of, in different areas.

*Source 1*

1st) Snitch I was told is getting his information mostly from getting access to Youtube videos prior to them being upload for public view. I know this is a working theory on these boards, apparently it is also the theory of some employees of the gaming companies.

2nd) The completed games Nintendo is allegedly "stockpiling" is not as many as people think. According to a developer. 1st party teams are mostly hard at work on Drake. Some games for Drake!

3rd) Drake = HOME. H-O-M-E with a twist. Similar to Vita & PS3.

4th) I don't know what games are in the Direct. I do not have access to that information. Very curious about Goldeneye remaster, seems to be a lot of confusion here on what is included and if cross play, gameplay changes, etc.

NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

*Source 2*

1st) I have heard another gaming industry stopping merger will be announced by years end. This announcement will give investors and consumers insight that gaming isn't being absorbed because some companies are in an "arms race". In actuality, the "gaming industry is crashing". Developers and industry people are looking for "life boats" and trying to get as much money as possible. Everyone realizes the industry is in great upheaval.

2nd) The spotaneous Direct model is dying. Some 3rd parties are coordinating to announce games every 3 months to correspond with financial reporting requirements.

This will give investors, financial reporting and consumers an idea of when to expect information while still being able to be surprised with the actual content.

Some of these announcements will be able to be timed closely to current gaming events. TGS for example.
Assuming this is accurate, you should expect Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Play and Xbox events to pivot towards this model.

*Source 1*

1st) Snitch I was told is getting his information mostly from getting access to Youtube videos prior to them being upload for public view. I know this is a working theory on these boards, apparently it is also the theory of some employees of the gaming companies.

2nd) The completed games Nintendo is allegedly "stockpiling" is not as many as people think. According to a developer. 1st party teams are mostly hard at work on Drake. Some games for Drake!

4th) I don't know what games are in the Direct. I do not have access to that information. Very curious about Goldeneye remaster, seems to be a lot of confusion here on what is included and if cross play, gameplay changes, etc.

*Source 2*

1st) I have heard another gaming industry stopping merger will be announced by years end. This announcement will give investors and consumers insight that gaming isn't being absorbed because some companies are in an "arms race". In actuality, the "gaming industry is crashing". Developers and industry people are looking for "life boats" and trying to get as much money as possible. Everyone realizes the industry is in great upheaval.

2nd) The spotaneous Direct model is dying. Some 3rd parties are coordinating to announce games every 3 months to correspond with financial reporting requirements.

This will give investors, financial reporting and consumers an idea of when to expect information while still being able to be surprised with the actual content.

Some of these announcements will be able to be timed closely to current gaming events. TGS for example.
Assuming this is accurate, you should expect Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Play and Xbox events to pivot towards this model.
TXwNp4Y.gif

#famiboards.

All kidding aside, I do feel bad for Grubb, Nate and Emily.

Last edited:

Aldric

*Source 1*

*Source 2*

Who are these clowns? Hopefully not the Resetera "leakers" who moved on to that other forum right? How many times should these guys be exposed as being full of shit before people start to wise up?

Most stores are clearing out their Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 inventory. Game is $10.99 at Best Buy and $11.99 at Amazon.

Looks like a mediocre game to me, but might be your last chance to snag a physical copy for those that are interested.

Who are these clowns? Hopefully not the Resetera "leakers" who moved on to that other forum right? How many times should these guys be exposed as being full of shit before people start to wise up?
I wasn’t leaking anything. I don’t have any idea about game “X” or game “Y”.

I’ve been around here for over a decade in total

Splatoon 3 patch:

Ver. 1.1.2 (Released September 29, 2022)​

Changes to Connectivity

• Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors following battles and job shifts.
Changes to Player Controls

• Fixed an issue where players using dualies would stop attacking and enter swim form at the end of a Dodge Roll regardless of whether they were holding the ZR Button.
  • Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller gear ability where the player would enter swim form at the end of their Drop Roll if they pressed the ZR Button while holding the ZL Button during the Drop Roll, regardless of whether they continued holding the ZR Button.
  • Fixed an issue with splatanas that caused players to perform two sequential horizontal slashes following a charged slash even if they only pressed the ZR Button once.
Changes to Multiplayer

• Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
  • Implemented measures to prevent issues where players would clip through and get stuck in terrain when turning from swim form into humanoid form near a Tacticooler placed in the corner of certain maps.
Other Changes

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash when the player finished editing their locker with a photo stand placed in the locker.
  • Fixed an issue with receiving a new catalog after reaching catalog level 100, where a communication error happening or the game crashing could result in the catalog-receiving event not triggering.
    (In cases where this issue has already occurred, the catalog-receiving event will play again once the player has restarted the software and entered Hotlantis.)
  • Fixed an issue relating to Super Sea Snails. If you were unable to receive Super Sea Snails from the first Splatfest, the final-results news broadcast will replay and you will now be able to collect your Super Sea Snails.

GeekyDad

Man, I remember absolutely falling in love with Octopath Traveler because of its art style, and I don't remember it having voice work. I've only tried the demo of Triangle Strategy (and also fell in love with the idea that I could play an SRPG with the same art style), but I didn't try messing with the settings. Please tell me there's a way to shut off those voice overs.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Man, there's three games I'm interested in coming in October, but I don't think I'll buy all of them. Probably only Bayonetta 3, since it has the Limited Edition available, and then Mario+Rabbids a bit later. Persona 5 will have to wait quite a bit longer until I have time play it (never).

2023 also begins with a bang, with Fire Emblem in January and multiple games for February.

Camreezie

Man, there's three games I'm interested in coming in October, but I don't think I'll buy all of them. Probably only Bayonetta 3, since it has the Limited Edition available, and then Mario+Rabbids a bit later. Persona 5 will have to wait quite a bit longer until I have time play it (never).

2023 also begins with a bang, with Fire Emblem in January and multiple games for February.
Nintendo killing it this gen imo

Jooxed

Gold Member
Thinking on leaving 3H at almost 40 hours and just play Engage
I am having a lot of fun with it. Its definitely less high Schooley and more about the combat. Its still Anime AF but its good. I actually just put it down to finish Triangle Strategy before I dive into it.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I am having a lot of fun with it. Its definitely less high Schooley and more about the combat. Its still Anime AF but its good. I actually just put it down to finish Triangle Strategy before I dive into it.
I love anime, but I'm stuck on a Garreg Mach loop and it's just TOO boring, but I don't feel good skiping it so I'll just procrastinate until I feel any motivation to continue the game... the boring monastery + calendar system is a barrier that prevents me from enjoying the rest...

Jooxed

Gold Member
I love anime, but I'm stuck on a Garreg Mach loop and it's just TOO boring, but I don't feel good skiping it so I'll just procrastinate until I feel any motivation to continue the game... the boring monastery + calendar system is a barrier that prevents me from enjoying the rest...
Then engage sounds right up your alley.. The monastery got really old for me too

Kataploom

Gold Member
It changes translations in scenes completely.
There's something Tree House have against Nintendo anime games, I hate their Xenoblade localizations, they not only censor dialogs but change names of everything... I really hate it, I know more people IRL and internet that will tell you what a Byakko is but zero that know what a Brirchmork or whatever they call it in Xenoblade 2 is.

They are literally making "localizations" for no one but themselves, they should be removed completely from those positions, those games are aimed at people that like anime in the west so they should leave those things untouched...

Top Bottom