• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Here's the latest addition to my game collection:

aDPhLNM.jpg

They say it's a bad remaster, and it's most likely true, but at least it's physical. Never could get into Chrono Trigger, but will try this at some point.
Remaster might be not the best, but man, that sure is some pretty cover art.

Haha hey! I just de-dusted it the other day. Played some local Castle Crashers with some pals, which reminds me I have a question for the nintencrowd:

We were playing using some original Gamecube controllers plugged in through a third party adaptor. Is there any way to remao the controls? Playing with the GC controller we are missing the L2 button, which is used in some games and it sucks not being able to use it.

DrNeroCF

Remaster might be not the best, but man, that sure is some pretty cover art.

Haha hey! I just de-dusted it the other day. Played some local Castle Crashers with some pals, which reminds me I have a question for the nintencrowd:

We were playing using some original Gamecube controllers plugged in through a third party adaptor. Is there any way to remao the controls? Playing with the GC controller we are missing the L2 button, which is used in some games and it sucks not being able to use it.

The Switch has remapping support at a system level. Shouldn’t be hard to find, settings -> controllers, something like that.

Andyliini

Is it a flip cover or how do you got a version without the age recommendation sticker on it?

Collecting games in Germany is a pain in the arse because the age restriction logo is fucking huge and ugly as shit. I always import from Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic and sometimes France because no import customs and they use the much much smaller PEGI symbol.
This is Asian region release, those do not have age ratings at all. Asia is also the only region to get this game physically, that's why I imported it. The is also no flipcover, the inside is just plain white.

ManaByte

1 month until XC3 and Live A LIve!! Great time to be a JRPG fan.

I've been waiting to play Live A Live for nearly thirty years. Can't believe it's happening.

Is Advanced Wars ever going to be released? The war isn't ending anytime soon...

Jooxed

Gold Member
I've been waiting to play Live A Live for nearly thirty years. Can't believe it's happening.

Is Advanced Wars ever going to be released? The war isn't ending anytime soon...

I wish they would give games like Terranigma this treatment. Great time to be a gamer.

Andyliini

Here's my latest haul of Switch games:

hzabPu9.jpg

Balan Wonderworld and Sushi Striker are mostly for collection purposes as I think these could be collector's items at some point. The rest I will play at some point.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Lined up my pre-orders for 2022 on Amazon:

Mario Strikers
TMNT
Capcom Fighting Collection
Live A Live
Xenoblade 3
Splatoon 3
Pokemon Violet

Dampf

Nintendo gets worse and worse, it's baffling. Not only they did not announce their plans in this timeframe, we don't know if there is a June direct to begin with. And to make matters even worse, Persona 5 will come to literally every platform except the Switch, the platform everyone wants Persona 5 to be on.

Instead, they are further posting pictures of their theme parks and lego playsets. I'm not even sure why I'm still a fan of this incompetent company...

Nintendo gets worse and worse, it's baffling. Not only they did not announce their plans in this timeframe, we don't know if there is a June direct to begin with. And to make matters even worse, Persona 5 will come to literally every platform except the Switch, the platform everyone wants Persona 5 to be on.

Instead, they are further posting pictures of their theme parks and lego playsets. I'm not even sure why I'm still a fan of this incompetent company...
SMTV blows away Persona.

They could still come to Switch. Maybe Nintendo considers it a big enough announcement that they want to feature it in their own Direct.

It's a shame nothing's been confirmed as to when we can expect a Direct though. Feels like they're abusing the fact that there's no real E3 going on this year. It's fine if they do one a bit later in the month but some transparency about that would be appreciated.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

But that’s has nothing do to with Nintendo, Atlus is the one decides what game get ported.

Dampf

But that’s has nothing do to with Nintendo, Atlus is the one decides what game get ported.
Nintendo has money. They should put a big package of money at Atlus' doorstep and before you know, P5 will be Switch.

Nintendo just doesn't care about 3rd party support. So yes, I do think it's Nintendo's fault as well for not giving Atlus enough initiative. You bet Microsoft paid a lot for these games to release on Xbox and PC. But instead of investing money where they should as game company, they seemingly prefer it to spend the money on merchandise and theme parks.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I still think Persona 5 is coming to Switch and Nintendo wanted to save it for their Direct this week. I hope that's the case. Has Atlus ever added Nintendo content to their games? Maybe that's why Nintendo wanted to hold it back. Maybe there will be Mario cosplay or some shit in the Switch version.

Woopah

I still think Persona 5 is coming to Switch and Nintendo wanted to save it for their Direct this week. I hope that's the case. Has Atlus ever added Nintendo content to their games? Maybe that's why Nintendo wanted to hold it back. Maybe there will be Mario cosplay or some shit in the Switch version.
Direct is on the 29th. The Persona games will probably come to Switch eventually but might be after Xbox. Microsoft is willing to pay for Persona ports but Nintendo isn't.

Lognor

Banned
Direct is on the 29th. The Persona games will probably come to Switch eventually but might be after Xbox. Microsoft is willing to pay for Persona ports but Nintendo isn't.
Where are you getting this information about a Direct on the 29th?

Shaqazooloo

How is everyone enjoying XC3
I'm hooked, it's weird cause I wasn't super into the other 2 games and took many breaks in between play sessions, but I've already done 40 hours of XC3 and playing at least a little bit everyday.

Combat is such a step up from the previous games, it actually feels engaging, the cast is really strong I think, plenty of awesome moments.

The issue I have now is that I want to do some side quests but the story got to a very interesting part and I want to continue the plot.

It might be my game of the year.

Not yet, I'm still enjoying XCDE. Never had a Wii, and only bought the DE after XC3's announcement... and damn, what a game. Although, Dunban should've been the MC instead of look-at-me-I've-been-chosen-by-a-fucking-sword Shulk.

Aldric

I've stopped playing for a while because I had other things to do but I'll get back to it soon, already played about 50 hours and I'm at chapter 5. I love it, it's definitely one of the best games on the system but it also has some pretty glaring flaws which in a way aren't really Monolith's fault. I'll probably write a short review once I've beaten the game.

I recently went back to play Future Connected after finishing XCDE. Great game though the vast expanses of nothing, MMO fetch quests, and combat hold it back from being one of my favorites. I will need a break before going for 2 and eventually 3.

So I just played Bayonetta for the first time, and... it wasn’t very good. In a surprisingly objective way, I couldn’t believe how the game was so critically acclaimed with all of the questionable decisions they made.

I like the idea of the combat, but it never really lets you get going. There is always some kind of gimmick fighting you more than the enemies themselves. Whether it’s half second warning QTEs that result in insta death if you fail, attacks part of cutscenes that give you almost no time to dodge, camera angles from hell, or attacks that immobilize you (lion enemy roars, flames on the ground/ignited enemies that interrupt combos, or the ice attacks towards the end of the game). It’s sad because the actual combos are super fun, when you’re fighting enemies that don’t mysteriously party your moves or interrupt you with attacks that have poor animations and hitboxes.

It doesn’t help that every other level is some kind of shitty minigame or vehicle segment, and it really drags the game down. I’m normally fine with this, and even enjoy a simplified attempt at another genre. But instead every one of these has a design decision severely flawed, that I am astounded made it past play testing. The motorcycle level had a horrible sense of speed and control. The boat level was painful as well. I loved the idea of the Space Harrier level, but they made your entire screen spin when you dodge. And your character obscures what you’re shooting at. And since every enemy spams green blobs, you’re just making yourself sick while also not really making progress.

The story is nearly incomprehensible. I have a loose understanding of what happened, and I figure more will be made clear in 2 and perhaps 3. But holy shit there is so much weird and unnecessary, funny, odd things that I’d normally love. It feels like someone on drugs made the game based on their stream of consciousness. Inconsistencies and continuity errors abound, throwing in a lot of random humor and “camp” for seemingly no reason.

I’m baffled by the reception to this. It’s like DMC, but without all the good parts. What’s stranger is Kamiya should have been able to learn from his past games, yet it seems like he has just doubled down on the number of weird little mistakes. It’s death (of fun) by a thousand paper cuts. I am actually questioning Kamiya himself now, for some reason all of his games are incredible attempts to iterate on a beloved game genre, but they all have really glaring problems that are somehow overlooked by critics. Are they afraid to be blocked on Twitter? I really am shocked by what was supposed to be a legendary GOAT action game, and what I experienced was a 5/10 troubled experience masquerading as a 9/10 classic.

Interested in what the rest of you have to say, or if I’m somehow alone in questioning my sanity after this mess.

Jooxed

Gold Member
So I just played Bayonetta for the first time, and... it wasn’t very good. In a surprisingly objective way, I couldn’t believe how the game was so critically acclaimed with all of the questionable decisions they made.

I like the idea of the combat, but it never really lets you get going. There is always some kind of gimmick fighting you more than the enemies themselves. Whether it’s half second warning QTEs that result in insta death if you fail, attacks part of cutscenes that give you almost no time to dodge, camera angles from hell, or attacks that immobilize you (lion enemy roars, flames on the ground/ignited enemies that interrupt combos, or the ice attacks towards the end of the game). It’s sad because the actual combos are super fun, when you’re fighting enemies that don’t mysteriously party your moves or interrupt you with attacks that have poor animations and hitboxes.

It doesn’t help that every other level is some kind of shitty minigame or vehicle segment, and it really drags the game down. I’m normally fine with this, and even enjoy a simplified attempt at another genre. But instead every one of these has a design decision severely flawed, that I am astounded made it past play testing. The motorcycle level had a horrible sense of speed and control. The boat level was painful as well. I loved the idea of the Space Harrier level, but they made your entire screen spin when you dodge. And your character obscures what you’re shooting at. And since every enemy spams green blobs, you’re just making yourself sick while also not really making progress.

The story is nearly incomprehensible. I have a loose understanding of what happened, and I figure more will be made clear in 2 and perhaps 3. But holy shit there is so much weird and unnecessary, funny, odd things that I’d normally love. It feels like someone on drugs made the game based on their stream of consciousness. Inconsistencies and continuity errors abound, throwing in a lot of random humor and “camp” for seemingly no reason.

I’m baffled by the reception to this. It’s like DMC, but without all the good parts. What’s stranger is Kamiya should have been able to learn from his past games, yet it seems like he has just doubled down on the number of weird little mistakes. It’s death (of fun) by a thousand paper cuts. I am actually questioning Kamiya himself now, for some reason all of his games are incredible attempts to iterate on a beloved game genre, but they all have really glaring problems that are somehow overlooked by critics. Are they afraid to be blocked on Twitter? I really am shocked by what was supposed to be a legendary GOAT action game, and what I experienced was a 5/10 troubled experience masquerading as a 9/10 classic.

Interested in what the rest of you have to say, or if I’m somehow alone in questioning my sanity after this mess.
I wasn't the biggest fan of 1 . 2 is much better.... Keep going. 2 also gets more colorful instead of everything being washed out.

I wasn't the biggest fan of 1 . 2 is much better.... Keep going. 2 also gets more colorful instead of everything being washed out.

I hear this a lot and that is my plan, hoping it will hold true. I suspect the fans of 1 may be purists like how Dark Souls has a huge cult following that worships 1 despite several improvements in the latter souls games. Thankfully Bayonetta is short, so it’s quick if you aren’t into it and repayable if you are.

Top Bottom