• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Will BotW2 win GOTY?

Who gives a shit? GotY means literally nothing to anyone who isn’t involved in console wars or those who actually trust their own opinions. The question people should be asking is “will BotW2 be as good if not better than the first?”

That I think is going to be tough. BotW is still the best open world game I have played. It nurtured a sense of exploration that I haven’t felt as strong since the original Dark Souls and before that, World of Warcraft (Vanilla). My worry is that it will be too much just “more of the same” with out evolving what worked and removing/changing what didn’t.

Tazzu

Who gives a shit? GotY means literally nothing to anyone who isn’t involved in console wars or those who actually trust their own opinions. The question people should be asking is “will BotW2 be as good if not better than the first?”

That I think is going to be tough. BotW is still the best open world game I have played. It nurtured a sense of exploration that I haven’t felt as strong since the original Dark Souls and before that, World of Warcraft (Vanilla). My worry is that it will be too much just “more of the same” with out evolving what worked and removing/changing what didn’t.
Didn't stop Winder Waker and Twilight Princess from scooping up GOTY awards.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Are you seeing a pattern on who keeps winning GOTY? Those games are now in pretty far into the Zelda cycle.

Unless you have data that says otherwise, I would say that GTA Vice City and Metroid Prime won way more GOTY awards than Wind Waker did.

Twilight Princess probably did win more awards overall, but it's stiffest competition was... Gears of War 1. Frankly I couldn't tell you which I preferred but it's probably TP.

Pantz

Gold Member
Nintendo might be slightly edging out Xbox this year as my favorite platform. First time Nintendo favorite since SNES.
Really like my Switch OLED and all the first party and Japanese games support.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Nintendo might be slightly edging out Xbox this year as my favorite platform. First time Nintendo favorite since SNES.
Really like my Switch OLED and all the first party and Japanese games support.
It’s really just way too convenient. Although my Xbox has had more time than my switch the past couple of weeks my switch library is far bigger due to the portability.

I expect to forget all other consoles exist when live a live and xc3 come around

Kataploom

Gold Member
Just got Fire Emblem Three Houses and, while anxiety kept me from anjoying any game (at all), this one clicked... Well, it's a Fire Emblem game, I just wished I wasn't too interrupted by school shit so I can have battles... The only caveat is that I feel all the necessary school stuff (exploring, tutoring, etc.) keeps me from doing battles and that puts me a little off, I wish I could have battles regarding of if I do things or not in the week, that would be great. I'm 18 hours in, btw.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just got Fire Emblem Three Houses and, while anxiety kept me from anjoying any game (at all), this one clicked... Well, it's a Fire Emblem game, I just wished I wasn't too interrupted by school shit so I can have battles... The only caveat is that I feel all the necessary school stuff (exploring, tutoring, etc.) keeps me from doing battles and that puts me a little off, I wish I could have battles regarding of if I do things or not in the week, that would be great. I'm 18 hours in, btw.

Yeah that was the only downfall for me after a while. The school stuff started to get super repetetive.

I was part of the NintendoGAF discord for a while (Tekkie sent me an invite), although I never was very active there.
I noticed.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Andyliini

I wasn't planning on getting or playing Nintendo Switch Sports, but I got a review code for it out of the blue. Guess I'll play the game far more than I initially expected.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I wasn't planning on getting or playing Nintendo Switch Sports, but I got a review code for it out of the blue. Guess I'll play the game far more than I initially expected.
I was also not interested in switch sports but I bought it anyway. Had fun with a few matches of bowling. Probably wont play it again lol

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Rhonda cleaning out her asshole on my bidet during her first visit of my house.

She won't leave it's been 15 minutes.

I have to work tomorrow morning!!
mnAnwOu.jpg

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Quick ACNH question. What's the point of buying stuff and setting it up in the world if the villagers don't interact with it?

I got a teacup ride, snack & drink machine, also a water fountain & a cotton candy machine around the Plaza and they're all ignored by everyone.

I guess it's all just to improve my island "score" then?

Last edited:
Quick ACNH question. What's the point of buying stuff and setting it up in the world if the villagers don't interact with it?

I got a teacup ride, snack & drink machine, also a water fountain & a cotton candy machine around the Plaza and they're all ignored by everyone.

I guess it's all just to improve my island "score" then?
Yeah. It's really just there for you to appreciate.

Top Bottom