• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Cutty Flam

Banned
Fuck, that is rough dude...They ought to fix that in a patch. It's not really co-op if the experience is one-sided and not enjoyable for anyone besides the host

I'll wait until the game is either like $6 or they fix the online

I fear that will never happen. It could have been a great comeback but I really don’t know why they half-assed it.

Gotta say, great sale though. One of the best the eShop has had in years. I really hope Nintendo gets with the times and carries forward purchases. I feel like now that they are pushing it so hard and the Switch has a big fan base, it would be really bad business if they didn’t. Especially because their competitors are and it’s become expected.

bender

What time is it?
I fear that will never happen. It could have been a great comeback but I really don’t know why they half-assed it.

We just have to remember the original design was a bunch of GBA's plugged into a GameCube. I guess it would be more forgivable had they not peppered the game with expensive costume and weapon DLC.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
You can take the blue pill, and return back to your launch day Switch. With its shitty battery life and tendency to restart for no reason.

Or you can take the red pill. And see how far the rabbit hole goes.

5xoL5XJ.jpg

You can take the blue pill, and return back to your launch day Switch. With its shitty battery life and tendency to restart for no reason.

Or you can take the red pill. And see how far the rabbit hole goes.

5xoL5XJ.jpg

Congrats and enjoy. I will say though, I love having a hardware hackable first year Switch.

Labadal

Posed in the wrong thread before.

What (announced) games are you looking forward to?

So far for me:
Triangle Strategy
BotW2
Dragon Quest III 2DHD
The War of Genesis: Remnants of Gray (Hoping for western release.)

I'm unsure about Arceus. I will wait for impressions.

Are there any other exclusive, or console exclusive games coming?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member

So far for me:
Triangle Strategy
BotW2
Dragon Quest III 2DHD

All of the above lol

So far the impressions for Arceus have been phenomenal really looking forward to it this Friday. Reviews drop tomorrow.

So far for me:
Triangle Strategy
BotW2
Dragon Quest III 2DHD

Splatoon 3 will be a day 1 purchase for me. Bayonetta 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land should also be good. Cautiously excited for Sea of Stars and Chocobo GP.

Andyliini

My next purchase will be Triangle Strategy. I'm usually not that invested in Kirby, but the new one seems interesting, maybe I'll try it out. After that, I have no idea what game I'll buy, so hoping for a Direct soon for more release information.

So far for me:
Triangle Strategy
BotW2
Dragon Quest III 2DHD

Triangle Strategy for sure. I really enjoyed the demo and was craving some TRPG goodness.

BotW 2 too, since I'm having a great time with the first right now. I just hope I won't be burned out after beating it.

Not sure about Dragon Quest III 2DHD, I want to see more of it and check out how the story of the original holds up. But graphically it's great.

That's it for upcoming games. I was interested in Pokémon Legends but the impressions are mitigated at best and the new Pokémon designs are terrible, to put it gently. This game has incorporated some really great ideas that move the franchise forward, like finally being able to choose a moveset from learned moves without your Pokémon having to forget them, but as an open-world game, it seems to be a failure. Not that Game Freak cares.

Edit: I forgot Bayonetta 3.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Triangle Strategy for sure. I really enjoyed the demo and was craving some TRPG goodness.

BotW 2 too, since I'm having a great time with the first right now. I just hope I won't be burned out after beating it.

Not sure about Dragon Quest III 2DHD, I want to see more of it and check out how the story of the original holds up. But graphically it's great.

That's it for upcoming games. I was interested in Pokémon Legends but the impressions are mitigated at best and the new Pokémon designs are terrible, to put it gently. This game has incorporated some really great ideas that move the franchise forward, like finally being able to choose a moveset from learned moves without your Pokémon having to forget them, but as an open-world game, it seems to be a failure. Not that Game Freak cares.

Edit: I forgot Bayonetta 3.
Really? I have read nothing but fantastic things about arceus from folks who got an early copy.

Andyliini

Pokemon Legends seems to be getting positive reviews, so the year is off to a good start. I'm not personally interested right now, but if this sells as well as it reviews, it could be new blueprint for Pokemon going forward.
Also, I really hope Dragon Quest III Remake arrives this year. The game looks gorgeous.

KielCasto

What I gather (from impressions before the reviews dropped) is that Arceus looks like ass, but the changes to the gameplay are good and exciting for the potential impact to the future titles.

Aldric

So far for me:
Triangle Strategy
BotW2
Dragon Quest III 2DHD

Silksong, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, BotW2, Metroid Prime 4.

2022 should be the most busy Switch year since 2019 for me, all these games with the exception of MP4 have a good chance to release this year.

Andyliini

Apparently Monolith Soft has updated it's web site. Some claim they only do it when they are about to release a new game (last update was from 2017). If this is true, the rumours of a new game from them this year just got some new fuel. I would love this to be true, Monolith Soft is one of my favorite game studios.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Apparently Monolith Soft has updated it's web site. Some claim they only do it when they are about to release a new game (last update was from 2017). If this is true, the rumours of a new game from them this year just got some new fuel. I would love this to be true, Monolith Soft is one of my favorite game studios.
I cant wait. Its probably my most anticipated upcoming game. Dont tell Newly Vacant Newly Vacant

#RexIsStillaLoser

Jooxed

Gold Member
Is everyone enjoying Arceus? I think its okay. Im still pretty early in the game... I like battles so this game is a little lighter on that for me. I really like the direction they are going.

Andyliini

I'm not really interested in Pokemon, so O decided to skip this game. Many people seem to be enjoying it though, so the game looks to be a great addition to Switch's offerings.

My next game will probably be Triangle Strategy.

About fooking time.
Is everyone enjoying Arceus? I think its okay. Im still pretty early in the game... I like battles so this game is a little lighter on that for me. I really like the direction they are going.
Pokémon is one of my favorite game series but Arceus isn’t doing it for me, I’ll skip it along with the other games of gen 8. I’ll come back when Game Freak becomes truly serious about their games, which is not going to happen any time soon with the crazy numbers Arceus is already doing.

I know Nintendo is trying to stretch out the length of this generation, but I’m just about ready for an upgrade in power and games to take advantage. How about you guys? I really don’t want to see BotW2 and MP4 chugging.

I only got a Switch last month, so I don't mind 5 more years of it. It doesn't mean there won't be an upgrade though, seeing how Nintendo released multiple versions in the last 5 years. Maybe there will be some ultimate Switch version, the fabled Pro.

But if they're going to stretch the Switch's lifecycle, they better release a brand new Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda (not BotW2), Xenoblade and other first-party games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I know Nintendo is trying to stretch out the length of this generation, but I’m just about ready for an upgrade in power and games to take advantage. How about you guys? I really don’t want to see BotW2 and MP4 chugging.

As long as the games are fun, I don’t really give a shit.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

The pandemic helped delay Nintendo's plans for a future console. Sales spiked with the quarantines and chip shortages are still having major impacts on production. I'd be surprised if we a new system from Nintendo before 2024.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Andyliini

I wonder how long they will let you access the content. Is Wii VC stuff still available to download?
Wii eShop was completely shut down years ago. Also, it looks like adding funds to your account on Wii U and 3DS will be limited in May and August this year, so make sure you buy the games you want soon. Of course, many of the games are also available on other devices, so I'm not sure how many exclusives these devices actually have.

Astral Dog

Good news fellas! (at least i think so) Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya just said Bayonetta 3 doesn't have to be the last one and they have no intention to stop making more Bayonetta as long as fans ask for it, but its up to the publishers Nintendo/SEGA the final decision.

This bit got lost in the same interview they talk about Scalebound and Microsoft . along with some NFT talk and other stuff that apparently game sites don't care enough for thread/report, i can only find spanish sources

Last edited:
Top Bottom