• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Impotaku

People love to slag off adventures saying it's a terrible game but i ended up actually enjoying that one quite a lot, people love to be caught up in the bububut it's just a reskinned dinosaur planet drama from it's prolonged development & system jump.

It's not zelda & it's not also starfox in the traditional sense. People that go in with those mindsets tend to leave disappointed, i liked to think of it as a what went on between the mainline starfox games.

Shaqazooloo

People love to slag off adventures saying it's a terrible game but i ended up actually enjoying that one quite a lot, people love to be caught up in the bububut it's just a reskinned dinosaur planet drama from it's prolonged development & system jump.

It's not zelda & it's not also starfox in the traditional sense. People that go in with those mindsets tend to leave disappointed, i liked to think of it as a what went on between the mainline starfox games.
The only thing I disliked from Starfox Adventures when I played it the first time was the combat. Everything else I remember was pretty solid. I only ever got up to the racing part though I think or perhaps at a later boss. I think I was 14 at the time and got stuck at some section.

bender

What time is it?
Just transferred my island (and other saves) to my Switch Lite. Going to trade in my launch unit today in preparation for the OLED model.

preview.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Finished Eastward, Great game. Highly recommended
You should let us know your thoughts in the OT

Shaqazooloo

I'm not really looking for anything new tbh, I already have enough to play right now.

If they announce a new Fire Emblem it might take another 750 hours away from me. I need another year to be ready for that.

I'm interested in seeing more from Project Triangle Strategy though.

I'm not really looking for anything new tbh, I already have enough to play right now.

If they announce a new Fire Emblem it might take another 750 hours away from me. I need another year to be ready for that.

I'm interested in seeing more from Project Triangle Strategy though.
Project Triangle Strategy is one of my most anticipated of next year. Played the demo and thought it was great

bender

What time is it?
Highlights for me were

-Kirby
-Mario Party Superstars
-N64 + Sega Genesis
-Metroid Dread
-Super Mario Movie

Thank you Based PIG GOD

Bayonetta was the highlight for me. I'm not sure I'll upgrade my NSO as there are better ways to play the Zeldas (3DS) and Mario 64 is already on the Switch. I'll get the N64/Genesis Controllers though.

edit: I was late to the stream and didn't realize a Rise expansion was announced. Hype.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Bayonetta was the highlight for me. I'm not sure I'll upgrade my NSO as there are better ways to play the Zeldas (3DS) and Mario 64 is already on the Switch. I'll get the N64/Genesis Controllers though.

edit: I was late to the stream and didn't realize a Rise expansion was announced. Hype.
Never played a Bayonetta game. I like Bayonetta’s demeanor a lot though. She reminds me of Ada Wong in some ways. If I got in a 1v1 fight with her my only goal would be to slap her ass

Super hyped about the N64 games. Can’t wait to set some Mario Kart 64 records and post them here

Andyliini

It was an OK Direct by me. Nothing mind blowing, but also a few interesting releases. Nintendo seems to be set for at least until summer 2022. Not every game is for me, but I take chances to dive into that backlog whenever I can.

Did I mention yet how 2022 looks like a killer year for Switch? Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Triangle Strategy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and BotW sequel from the top of my head. Hopefully that translates into good console sales as well.

Shaqazooloo

Just rewatched the Mario Party Superstars trailer, they made some major changes to Horror Land and Woody Woods. Looking forward to seeing how it effects the balance.

Mr Hyde

I just read that Disney is re-releasing the Disney classic games collection, now with the Jungle book and SNES Aladdin. That's great, only I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL VERSION! This is such a punch in the nuts. If they don't sell this as an add on dlc for us early adopters Disney can suck my hairy bean bag.

belmarduk

After a week with the Switch Lite...it's okay...I guess. I miss using my pro controller.

Why would anyone downgrade to a Switch Lite? I love playing games in tabletop mode but for main boss fights and important cut senes, it makes all the difference if you can see them on a big screen.

bender

What time is it?
Why would anyone downgrade to a Switch Lite? I love playing games in tabletop mode but for main boss fights and important cut senes, it makes all the difference if you can see them on a big screen.

Traded in my launch unit before the value tanks when the OLED releases. I'll be back to normal once the OLED launches.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I just read that Disney is re-releasing the Disney classic games collection, now with the Jungle book and SNES Aladdin. That's great, only I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL VERSION! This is such a punch in the nuts. If they don't sell this as an add on dlc for us early adopters Disney can suck my hairy bean bag.
I believe the DLC is like 9.99 USD. I am going to rebuy the game for a physical copy, if they come out with one.

Mr Hyde

believe the DLC is like 9.99 USD. I am going to rebuy the game for a physical copy, if they come out with one.

They do come in physical form. I'm thinking about picking it up too and sell my other one. But you can bet Disney will release another one again, this time with Pinocchio added. And then another one with Mickey Mania. And so on. Goddamn bloodsuckers.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They do come in physical form. I'm thinking about picking it up too and sell my other one. But you can bet Disney will release another one again, this time with Pinocchio added. And then another one with Mickey Mania. And so on. Goddamn bloodsuckers.
It certainly is stupid, but I am glad that we are at least getting re-released physicals of these games for a half decent price.

Mr Hyde

It certainly is stupid, but I am glad that we are at least getting re-released physicals of these games for a half decent price

True. And there is lots of different versions of the games, SNES/GB/Genesis and cool trivia so you do get a fair amount for your money. These games were my childhood so I just have to suck it up and buy the damn thing. Disney certainly has one by the balls with nostalgia.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
True. And there is lots of different versions of the games, SNES/GB/Genesis and cool trivia so you do get a fair amount for your money. These games were my childhood so I just have to suck it up and buy the damn thing. Disney certainly has one by the balls with nostalgia.

Still wish we got a Disney Afternoon physical collection.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Link’s Awakening is a wonderful Zelda game. Wish I would have played it when I had first bought the cartridge for one of the Game Boys. I think my GBA could play it? Or maybe it was the GBA Sp? There was also a Link’s Awakening DX on SNES too iirc that looked pretty cool. Almost certain that the Owl was on the cover of the cartridge. Link’s Awakening DX might have been rare because I remember wanting the game, but it was seldom in inventory at the mom and pop game stores. And by the time I bought a SNES it was long gone

Very well polished and balanced. And the art direction is beautiful. There’s a different kind of tension felt in this struggle. The story kind of inflicts a pensive mood upon the player. Can’t help but feel a bit worried at times in for Link in this game

gtrwll

I’ve been playing Samus Returns while waiting for Dread. All in all this feels like a solid game, but the areas don’t have that same kind of distinctiveness as Super Metroid has. Maybe it’s held back by the original design, haven’t played it.

I haven’t watched the videos about Dread (leave room for exploring the stuff myself) but I hope the areas in it have more uniqueness. I’m not worried about gameplay or other areas.

Top Bottom