• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Aldric

Any hope for F-Zero to come back?
I feel with Advance Wars getting a remake and Nintendo seemingly being okay with bringing back low selling series for a second chance is a good sign for F-Zero

I only ever played the first one and Captain Falcon is very cool imo, would love to play a new game staring him.
Yeah F Zero will be back. Nintendo don't completely give up on their historical IPs. If Kid Icarus or Punch Out got new games after 20 years F Zero will eventually get one too.

Porcile

Yeah F-Zero will be back at some point. It was an important franchise one point, and I am sure there are plenty of fans of it within Nintendo themselves. They just have to find a stable dev for it, like Mercury Steam or Next Level, who are willing to take on an build the franchise again. I don't think Nintendo are interested in one and done games these days.

So other day I was casually exploring Hyrule Castle in Breath of Wild, and then.

E2qS5sDVUAAYQUJ

The last boss was really easy. Weird.

And now I want to continue playing.
As I said earlier, Zelda is not even in my Top 10 favorite franchises, but Breath of Wild is really special. This game is so good, I still want to play.

Last edited:
Yeah F-Zero will be back at some point. It was an important franchise one point, and I am sure there are plenty of fans of it within Nintendo themselves. They just have to find a stable dev for it, like Mercury Steam or Next Level, who are willing to take on an build the franchise again. I don't think Nintendo are interested in one and done games these days.
I think budget is really a big problem.

The difference between RDR2 and Cyberpunk is that, in my opinion, Rockstar has the budget to match ambition and CDPR does not.

How much can Nintendo invest in a game that might not sell very well? As great as F Zero was it doesn't have the popularity. You'll get something that is smaller scale. Around Fast RMX levels in terms of content and quality.

I've been thinking this since seeing Mario Golf reviews. It's very obviously not a premium game. Of course, it doesn't have a premium budget.

I think if we are going to see franchises making a comeback it's all going to look a bit like an indie games. Meteoid Dread looks indie. It looks GOOD, don't get me wrong, but it's not a high budget title.

Porcile

I think budget is really a big problem.

The difference between RDR2 and Cyberpunk is that, in my opinion, Rockstar has the budget to match ambition and CDPR does not.

How much can Nintendo invest in a game that might not sell very well? As great as F Zero was it doesn't have the popularity. You'll get something that is smaller scale. Around Fast RMX levels in terms of content and quality.

I've been thinking this since seeing Mario Golf reviews. It's very obviously not a premium game. Of course, it doesn't have a premium budget.

I think if we are going to see franchises making a comeback it's all going to look a bit like an indie games. Meteoid Dread looks indie. It looks GOOD, don't get me wrong, but it's not a high budget title.

Now Nintendo have moved over to the Switch completely, any development is going to be inherently big budget relative to prior handheld development. So even if Metroid doesn't look big budget to your eyes, it is still a big budget production.

Unfortunately they don't have the 3DS anymore to test out and hone devs skill like they did Mercury Stem and Next Level. So starting out with remakes and such seems to be the best option moving forward. So maybe we'll see a remake of F-Zero or F-Zero X before we see the next big new F-Zero. Really the biggest question is who can take the franchise to that conclusion.

Cutty Flam

Banned
We still need to get a Mario Party game going at some point.
I'll play. With every single game I'm appreciating Super Mario Party more and more. I would say let's eventually go all out and try 30 turns on Kamek's Tantalizing Tower but Nintendo's servers are likely to let us down. Maybe not if we go in with 3/4 though....That's the only thing, the online is very unreliable. Even if we all have great connections going in, I don't trust Nintendo's netcode here. Just to give you an idea, the last two games I've played online, both 20 Turns

-Got to Turn 17 on King Bob-omb's Powderkeg Mine and our game disconnects
-Turn 18 same map and the game disconnects

Maybe 30-45% of these games finish from my experiences. Just a heads up bc even if everything seems good to go there is still no guarantee with Super Mario Party's online, unfortunately

Luckily in Mario Party Superstars, they brought back saving after each turn. There's even matchmaking, so there will be less searching around for a full party 4/4

Mario Party Superstars will be the first Nintendo game with portuguese localization.
Let's hope that they localize past games too, like Animal Crossing.

Still, I think that Nintendo will never localize a game in arabic, so I will never play a game from them in my native language.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Let's set a date Cutty Flam Cutty Flam for you to take my Mario Party v-card. Anyone else interested in some fresh meat?
In that case, the rated E gangbang will just have to commence. If Shaq joins then the 1-2 punch will be ran through the triangle offense, and there is a high % chance you get dunked on but if you select any of these (the top tier characters with the best dice block) you might have a chance

4fynwl0.png

Here is a tip that I doubt is posted anywhere else on the web. The tricky part about Super Mario Party, and I just realized this recently, is capitalizing on the beginning turns as best you can. There are certain bonus stars you’ll need to elect to go after and with these bonus stars in this game it’ll always just be up to a guess as to which ones you think will appear at the end. But the best time to make the most of which spaces you’ll aim for, is in the beginning turns before you acquire an ally. You’re more likely to land on the spaces you aim to land on when you are without an ally. It becomes increasingly more difficult to plan your turns and calculate the probability of your dice rolls as you gain allies, naturally because each ally will roll a dice block after yours, adding to your roll either a ‘1’ or a ‘2’. So even if you remain without an ally, even for as long as 10 turns while everyone else has one or more allies, I think it’s important for players to realize that they have a unique advantage in their lack of allies. But ultimately, it’s important to also know that you do eventually want to gain allies, and as many as possible. I would argue as early as possible too. But it’s all dependent on the player’s specific strategy and game plan, a lot of different things may work

So it’s definitely advisable imo to not take the turns you have without an ally for granted. Gaining allies is a sound strategy to boost your chances of not only reaching stars, but they even help you in select minigames. Not to mention, they allow you the use of a new dice block. Honestly, the more I play, the more I am learning that this is a very balanced Mario Party game with way more to it than meets the eye. There is a lot you can think about to maximize your chances of winning, and that’s what the hardcore fans of the series have always wanted

jmovgJL.jpg

That is the game I will recommend to any newcomer of the Mario Party series. I couldn’t be more excited for the release of Mario Party Superstars. The fact that it is all N64 boards? And they even added some of the great minigames from Gamecube Mario Party games? It’s pretty much a dream come true for longtime fans

bender

What time is it?
In that case, the rated E gangbang will just have to commence. If Shaq joins then the 1-2 punch will be ran through the triangle offense, and there is a high % chance you get dunked on but if you select any of these (the top tier characters with the best dice block) you might have a chance

4fynwl0.png

Here is a tip that I doubt is posted anywhere else on the web. The tricky part about Super Mario Party, and I just realized this recently, is capitalizing on the beginning turns as best you can. There are certain bonus stars you’ll need to elect to go after and with these bonus stars in this game it’ll always just be up to a guess as to which ones you think will appear at the end. But the best time to make the most of which spaces you’ll aim for, is in the beginning turns before you acquire an ally. You’re more likely to land on the spaces you aim to land on when you are without an ally. It becomes increasingly more difficult to plan your turns and calculate the probability of your dice rolls as you gain allies, naturally because each ally will roll a dice block after yours, adding to your roll either a ‘1’ or a ‘2’. So even if you remain without an ally, even for as long as 10 turns while everyone else has one or more allies, I think it’s important for players to realize that they have a unique advantage in their lack of allies. But ultimately, it’s important to also know that you do eventually want to gain allies, and as many as possible. I would argue as early as possible too. But it’s all dependent on the player’s specific strategy and game plan, a lot of different things may work

So it’s definitely advisable imo to not take the turns you have without an ally for granted. Gaining allies is a sound strategy to boost your chances of not only reaching stars, but they even help you in select minigames. Not to mention, they allow you the use of a new dice block. Honestly, the more I play, the more I am learning that this is a very balanced Mario Party game with way more to it than meets the eye. There is a lot you can think about to maximize your chances of winning, and that’s what the hardcore fans of the series have always wanted

jmovgJL.jpg

That is the game I will recommend to any newcomer of the Mario Party series. I couldn’t be more excited for the release of Mario Party Superstars. The fact that it is all N64 boards? And they even added some of the great minigames from Gamecube Mario Party games? It’s pretty much a dream come true for longtime fans

I'm not reading any of that. My years as a video gamer make me an expert in Mario Party even if I've never played the game.

Impotaku

819oNMDkK1L._AC_SL1295_.jpg

This recently dropped and my goodness it's crazy amounts of fun it's called moshikashite obake no shatekiya, based on a japanese arcade machine which in turn is based on a festival game called shateki where you use cork powered guns to knock prizes over, whatever you knock down you keep. This game mixes it up with the added fun of yokai haunting the shit out of everything, you play a few rounds of knocking stuff down to build up your medal supply which is what you use for ammo then you goto an on rails section where you shoot the shit out of the undead till you make it to the boss. Pure partygame japanese madness, can't wait to get some friends over for a play session. The demo recently dropped on the japanese eshop as well, not sure if this will make it to the west as it's very japanese.

this is the arcade it's based on
D-_jCa4UwAAxg5t.jpg

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Been playing Tony Hawk over the past week, completed the first games stages now I'm moving on to the second which I'm much more familiar with. Have to say they've done a really good job with this game, I'll have to give the create a park editor a try down the line.

Also been getting through Mario + Rabbids, man that game actually gets pretty difficult in the later stages, I haven't game over'd that often but I do end up getting party members knocked out every now and again and end up missing clear targets a lot. I'm almost at the final boss and it's been pretty fun all the way through. I have the DK dlc but I'll probably play that closer to the release of Sparks of Hope.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I just got my Switch and I'm 30 minutes into Mario Odyssey.
I'm in awe of how magical this shit is. It feels a bit like playing through Homer Simpson's psychedelic chili experience. It knew it'd be delightful but you have to play it to feel it. Then again, honeymoon phase and all.

I was planning on starting Breath of the Wild tonight but I'm thinking it might feel stif in comparison. This is so breezy and light. I don't know if I can stop playing.

Last time I bought a Nintendo console, I started with 3D world and Wind Waker HD. This already feels like a better start.

Shaqazooloo

I'm in awe of how magical this shit is. It feels a bit like playing through Homer Simpson's psychedelic chili experience. It knew it'd be delightful but you have to play it to feel it. Then again, honeymoon phase and all.

I was planning on starting Breath of the Wild tonight but I'm thinking it might feel stif in comparison. This is so breezy and light. I don't know if I can stop playing.

Last time I bought a Nintendo console, I started with 3D world and Wind Waker HD. This already feels like a better start.
Odyssey is my favorite 3D Mario, just controlling Mario feels so good, it has a lot charm and in general I really love exploration and the non-linearity. The endgame is definitely my favorite part, had me smiling the whole way through. Your in for a good time.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Odyssey is my favorite 3D Mario, just controlling Mario feels so good, it has a lot charm and in general I really love exploration and the non-linearity. The endgame is definitely my favorite part, had me smiling the whole way through. Your in for a good time.
Awesome. What are your thoughts on BOTW?

Shaqazooloo

Awesome. What are your thoughts on BOTW?
Fake Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, I had quite a bit to say about BotW.

Just like with Odyssey, I'm a huge fan of the non-linearity and exploration. BotW excels at exploration, I always seem to find new areas I haven't seen before. Theirs always some distraction calling my name that I'm more then happy to run off to that gets me sidetracked from my actual goal, booting it up theirs always something new for me, granted I haven't put in as many hours as others but I still did about 100. I haven't really played a game where it was so fun to get sidetracked but still felt like progress was being made. Getting lost is just really fun in this game.

The game is pretty freeform, allowing for multiple solutions to a single problem, theirs a correct way to do things but the game doesn't force you to do it. It's rewarding finding your own solution to a puzzle and seeing how others solve it a different way. BotW gives you a lot of freedom, which, to me, is very important. It also extends to combat though, which unfortunately for me I was really late in finding that out but figuring out new and effective ways to take enemies out is also quite rewarding.

Theirs a lot of good and memorable moments in the game to discover and because the game allows the player to tackle it the way they want those moments feel very special, because not everybody is going to experience it the same way or at the same point. It makes it feel like the adventure was a unique experience.

An issue that some people have with the game is the breakable weapons and some spots of emptiness in the world. I might be in the minority here but weapon durability was only really an issue early on when not too many slots are available, once things open up I felt it to be not that troublesome. Outside of the desert at a few points I don't think theirs too much emptiness although I will admit I am a player that just loves to turn on the game and ride my horse around and site see, so maybe it's lost on me, I do find BotW to be a very relaxing game to just chill, I suppose maybe like an Animal Crossing.

This is definitely one of my favorite games on Switch.

Porcile

Mario Odyssey is pure enjoyment from start to finish, and the games lets you complete as much of it as you want. Have fun.

514x840.jpg

Ys 9 is out now for Switch. I guess since these games aren't visually too spectacular, people tend to sleep on them. But the gameplay is always fun. In fact, I haven't played even one where I came away thinking it was a waste of time. Think of it like being more of action RPG with a little Zelda sprinkled in there. Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana is already going up in price fairly hard so you'll suffer if you wait for these games to show up in some sort of "hidden gems" list and decide to get it a few years down the line. Just sayin'!

gtrwll

514x840.jpg

Ys 9 is out now for Switch. I guess since these games aren't visually too spectacular, people tend to sleep on them. But the gameplay is always fun. In fact, I haven't played even one where I came away thinking it was a waste of time. Think of it like being more of action RPG with a little Zelda sprinkled in there. Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana is already going up in price fairly hard so you'll suffer if you wait for these games to show up in some sort of "hidden gems" list and decide to get it a few years down the line. Just sayin'!

Dana had probably one of the best gameplay experiences I’ve had in a long, long time. It was so fluid when you got the hang of all different mechanics. The demo of Monstrum Nox was short, but it seemed that the gameplay is still there, so I’m definitely getting it at some point.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Now I’m wondering what the next big Mario game will be. Odyssey is pretty much perfect for me, but I’m sure they’ll want to do something different.

They should just rip off bits of Mega Man Legends, keep it open world, and give it a “Mario Blaster” theme or something. That’s what I want. Let us upgrade cute Mario armor with classic power ups. New locations open up as we acquire them, in classic metroid fashion.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Now I’m wondering what the next big Mario game will be. Odyssey is pretty much perfect for me, but I’m sure they’ll want to do something different.

They should just rip off bits of Mega Man Legends, keep it open world, and give it a “Mario Blaster” theme or something. That’s what I want. Let us upgrade cute Mario armor with classic power ups. New locations open up as we acquire them, in classic metroid fashion.
Many people have been thinking the next Mario will be similar to Bowser's Fury. Haven't played it myself but I get the impression it's a mix between Odysseys open world and 3D Worlds more focused linear levels.

But yeah, I'm not really sure what they'll actually end up doing. It's one of those things nobody can predict imo.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I completed the main portion of Mario Odyssey this morning. What a joy that whole thing was. 3D world was okay but this really shows how far Mario has come.

I'm loving being back at Peach's castle. I think I'll continue to hunt down moons and buy outfits. Anyone think it's worth it to hunt down every moon, or is it just busy work?

Shaqazooloo

I completed the main portion of Mario Odyssey this morning. What a joy that whole thing was. 3D world was okay but this really shows how far Mario has come.

I'm loving being back at Peach's castle. I think I'll continue to hunt down moons and buy outfits. Anyone think it's worth it to hunt down every moon, or is it just busy work?
Theirs around 900 in the game and the bonuses levels that you get are at 300 and 500 I think, so probably not worth unless you want to see everything in the game.

For me, it's one of the games I come back to every now and again to get to knock some missions off the list, I think that's kind of what they intended.

I have yet to play Mario Odyssey. I played a little bit back when I didn't have a Switch yet, but since I got one I still have yet to play it. I played through Galaxy and it was fucking amazing.

But I'm once again playing BOTW. Best game on the Switch from what I've played, hands down. What a fucking amazing experience.

Porcile

I have never understood Ys. Tried 1+2 on PC Engine and a couple on PSP but I always just seemed to hit a point where I had to grind to beat a boss.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Was thinking about this the other day. Still wondering about the possibilities of Mario Party Superstars, so I've been watching a lot of youtube videos from fans. And there was an interesting video where this one extremely enthusiastic fan was getting into it about which boards are going to be chosen for the remaining 2/5 to be added to the already confirmed 3/5 boards in the game. While watching, it seemed very likely that one of the two prominent "Desert" levels would be selected to play. Then it dawned on me, how difficult of a choice it would be to select one of the two...Even if I was being paid the big bucks to be a part of NDcube and work on this game, it might take a week or two of pure deliberation on this decision alone, because they are both such outstanding boards. If someone told me to choose within three seconds or neither would be a part of Mario Party Superstars, then it would no doubt be Spiny Desert of Mario Party 3. But the aesthetic of Western Land better matches the boards already confirmed, and with certain modifications to spaces and thing, I think Western Land has more potential than Spiny Desert to be the premier desert map. Because honestly, the area with the (?) Spaces was an area where players could, and typically would stick around for a while to win the happening bonus star at the very end of the game. NDcube would maybe have to spend some considerable time re-thinking how that would go. Probably adding more bonus star possibilities like the 9 bonus stars in Super Mario Party would be the greatest solution

I'm tempted to say that the right choice would be Spiny Desert because the upper right quadrant of the board - as well as path leading back to the starting point are both very exciting to reach and navigate. That, and the theme for Spiny Desert is very fitting. It opens up with a tone that sort of resembles or matches that of the lighter side of the board and about 30 seconds in you hear a more mysterious tone that might resemble the night; I always liked how the track would transition like that. Going from traditional desert theme type sounds that are fairly stimulating and could become tiresome if left on too long, and switching to something a bit more ambient, mysterious yet sort of soothing all in one theme was a great idea by Hudson Soft's team

Western Land (Mario Party 2)

Western_Land_map.png

or

Spiny Desert (Mario Party 3)

1600px-MP3_Spiny_Desert_Board.png

This is a game that can easily be played four years, five years plus after its release. I'd say that you're in the perfect position to play BOTW given the time frame we have until its sequel releases. Everyone's playthrough is going to be exceedingly different in various ways, because the exploration can lead you anywhere. The Wii Zelda games didn't impress me. BOTW did, and it even knocked off The Wind Waker to claim the third spot on my personal top 3 Zelda games which I was never expecting to happen. There was a NeoGAF Game of the Decade tournament thread hosted by a poster here last year and BOTW won 2nd place only behind The Witcher 3. It's a spectacular game and even if you play nonstop until the day of release of its sequel, I'm willing to bet that you'll have a lot to do and discover still within the game

Shaqazooloo

I'm tempted to say that the right choice would be Spiny Desert because the upper right quadrant of the board - as well as path leading back to the starting point are both very exciting to reach and navigate. That, and the theme for Spiny Desert is very fitting. It opens up with a tone that sort of resembles or matches that of the lighter side of the board and about 30 seconds in you hear a more mysterious tone that might resemble the night; I always liked how the track would transition like that. Going from traditional desert theme type sounds that are fairly stimulating and could become tiresome if left on too long, and switching to something a bit more ambient, mysterious yet sort of soothing all in one theme was a great idea by Hudson Soft's team
I think it's worth mentioning and something that I haven't heard being brought up, but Woody Woods is the only Mario Party 3 board that doesn't really have an action event happen on the board, maybe it's just a coincidence that they choice it of all maps but to me it sort of points to them possibly excluding those types of boards and I can see a couple reasons why. Those events were pretty slow, happened frequently since you could just get them to happen outside a happening space and pretty much all of them allowed for extremely broken strats just like reverse mushroom from MP3 that hasn't made a single return since that entry because it was so broken. They already have a slow dice that can up to 10 in Superstars which is good enough so I'm thinking they'll want to avoid completely breaking the meta by keeping the MP3s insane positioning strats. I'm really thinking MP3 only gets one board.

Another thing I don't think people have noticed, is that Woody Woods was redesigned so that the skeleton door interactions are more like Mario Party 2 instead of 3. Look at the original Woody Woods and then look at the boxart for Superstars. In the top left corner of the original their was a split in the path and going down lead to a door, on the boxart that's no longer the case and instead you seem to enter from the opposite direction. This is also true for the door in the bottom right close to the starting position, even though Peach is standing on where the door should be, the spaces around that part has seen a similar redesign. This kind of supports my idea that they're gonna avoid including MP3s crazy positioning strats.

Just something to think about, since I don't think anyones taking these into account.

Andyliini

I just read Ask Iwata, and altough I'm not it's target audience at all, it was really good look inside Iwata's mind and his methods as a President and leader. It's a good read for everyone who wish to know more about him. He really should have written biography on himself while he was still alive.

Speaking of Iwata, his Iwata Asks series offered a great look into making those games. They have not been done since his passing (obviously), but recently Nintendo revived the idea with a very similar Ask the Developer interview. You can read it here: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2021/July/Ask-the-Developer-Vol-1-Game-Builder-Garage-2000494.html

This one is about Game Builder Garage, but it's an interesting read for everyone, even those not interested in games. I hope they will make more of these in the future, as inside-looks into Nintendo games are rare.

And also, it has been six years since Iwata passed. I still remember him fondly.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think it's worth mentioning and something that I haven't heard being brought up, but Woody Woods is the only Mario Party 3 board that doesn't really have an action event happen on the board, maybe it's just a coincidence that they choice it of all maps but to me it sort of points to them possibly excluding those types of boards and I can see a couple reasons why. Those events were pretty slow, happened frequently since you could just get them to happen outside a happening space and pretty much all of them allowed for extremely broken strats just like reverse mushroom from MP3 that hasn't made a single return since that entry because it was so broken. They already have a slow dice that can up to 10 in Superstars which is good enough so I'm thinking they'll want to avoid completely breaking the meta by keeping the MP3s insane positioning strats. I'm really thinking MP3 only gets one board.

Another thing I don't think people have noticed, is that Woody Woods was redesigned so that the skeleton door interactions are more like Mario Party 2 instead of 3. Look at the original Woody Woods and then look at the boxart for Superstars. In the top left corner of the original their was a split in the path and going down lead to a door, on the boxart that's no longer the case and instead you seem to enter from the opposite direction. This is also true for the door in the bottom right close to the starting position, even though Peach is standing on where the door should be, the spaces around that part has seen a similar redesign. This kind of supports my idea that they're gonna avoid including MP3s crazy positioning strats.

Just something to think about, since I don't think anyones taking these into account.
Very solid call outs, pretty keen observations in your post tbh. I hope it's just a coincidence. Mario Party 3's boards are so amazing, easily the best in the entire series. NDcube would be able to assess them and make them even better than they were. You mention the action events taking a bit of time and I agree, those could take up a minute extra and add up quickly within the span of a 50 Turns game. The action events that take place on Spiny Desert and Chilly Waters are ideal though. Those two simple moments where you can choose to jump (once, twice, not at all) add so much strategy to the game. You really have to pay attention and be alert at all times when playing those maps with others. I do sort of wonder if Hudson Soft anticipated players being very keen to the action events though and where they can place you...or if they thought all players were just going to try to succeed in the action event every time? They have spots clearly designated for each outcome during the action events. But you're right, there were definitely some hardcore strategic elements at play in MP3; something you may be right about not returning to the series - but I still hope that's not the case. And there's like a 1% chance the Reverse Mushroom makes its way back into the game, but personally, I would love to see it again. Instead of 5 coins, price it at like 15 coins, 20 coins, or 25 coins because it can be a game decider, just like a Magic Lamp can be a game decider. If it has an appropriate price point, the player will have to make a judgement call, weigh their options more closely; and the choice will require some foresight whereas before it was a no brainer you'd simply buy one for 5 coins every time it was available. Reverse Mushroom is way too dynamic of an item to be throwing away, I hope the team at least considered it during the game's development even if the item does not return

I'm a big fan of that change-up with the gate. Sometimes it could be unpleasant heading left but that was the only way to reach Boo or the Star when it would be positioned over there unless you had a Reverse Mushroom and some good luck. But now there's a choice to skip that area if you have a Skeleton Key. Wont know how it goes until we play the game but it seems like an improvement. Same with the gate at the bottom right portion of the board. What NDcube has done is open up the board of Woody Woods. We no longer have to travel extensively to make use of the Skeleton Key and pass through the gate, but in both instances we're allowed to reach points of interest quicker than before. Again, I don't know how it will feel until the final product is ready to go but it seems like an upgrade. You get a Skeleton Key and can now hold onto it for a time where you may need to reach the middle or the area near Boo quicker. Or with the new directional change (for one on bottom right at least) you can choose to avoid that first Monte Mole, who might end up going against your preferred course of direction. I've always considered Woody Woods the 'tamest' of the maps when it comes to MP3, but with the new changes I think Woody Woods might become a significantly more fluid board to play on

Western Land at this point seems imminent. It's just a perfect board to choose and then slightly modify. The only thing is, what's going to happen with the Milk?

Shaqazooloo

Only played the first Super Monkey Ball, probably one of my favorite Gamecube games tbh, looking forward to replaying the levels from that game and the 2 other games I missed out on.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Super Monkey Ball was so much fun. Both the first and the second one were excellent. Monkey Target got really competitive and intense at the house whenever playing with our friends lol. Monkey Billiards was a good time too, passing the controller and concentrating hard in Story Mode to pass each level the entire game is just a great time all around

Would have never gotten it if it weren’t for my friend. He was like hey let’s trade in our Luigi’s Mansion copies and get Super Monkey Ball. We both beat the game in the span of few days and he came up with the idea on a whim but he knew more about video games at the time so I trusted the decision. The title sounded fun so it was easy enough to agree despite not knowing much of anything about the game. Great decision

Intoxicate

I also 100%ed the whole 3D Allstars collection. Since I didn’t got deep into Sunshine on the GameCube I liked it the best. But it’s rough around the edges.

Top Bottom