• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Woopah

There’s an apparent leak saying Virtual console will make its return to switch.

To be honest I’d much prefer they up the price of the online sub, Include party chat and messaging and use the N64 & GCN games as a sweetener.

Not only would they make more money long term players like myself would prefer the standard amenities being more in line with other consoles.
Is this from that Samus Hunter twitter account? I'm yet to be convinced of them.

Zannegan

There’s an apparent leak saying Virtual console will make its return to switch.

To be honest I’d much prefer they up the price of the online sub, Include party chat and messaging and use the N64 & GCN games as a sweetener.

Not only would they make more money long term players like myself would prefer the standard amenities being more in line with other consoles.
I'd prefer they add those barebones features and keep the price the same. I mean, they already have voice chat, it's just a pain to use.

N64 and Cube games would be a nice sweetener, but given that they don't have to do much to port them and that people will have to keep paying forever for access, they won't exactly be losing if they open up those generations without bumping up the price.

The main thing though, is that the two won't have to be mutually exclusive. They could let you sub to play the whole library as long as you keep playing or buy a la carte. The worst possibility though is a tiered subscription, with basic only giving you access to current features and games, and more expensive tiers unlocking new system libraries and features. Ugh, that's probably what it would be. Lol.

Skelterz

I'd prefer they add those barebones features and keep the price the same. I mean, they already have voice chat, it's just a pain to use.

N64 and Cube games would be a nice sweetener, but given that they don't have to do much to port them and that people will have to keep paying forever for access, they won't exactly be losing if they open up those generations without bumping up the price.

The main thing though, is that the two won't have to be mutually exclusive. They could let you sub to play the whole library as long as you keep playing or buy a la carte. The worst possibility though is a tiered subscription, with basic only giving you access to current features and games, and more expensive tiers unlocking new system libraries and features. Ugh, that's probably what it would be. Lol.

I disagree with you to be honest the voice chat may as well not exist it’s a standalone feature that lives on a separate device it’s a joke, If it’s money they need to start taking the online functionality seriously let’s just not beat around the bush get on with it.

Skelterz

Is this from that Samus Hunter twitter account? I'm yet to be convinced of them.
That’s the one and I mean it sounds very nintendo because it makes virtually no sense..Mind the pun. In all seriousness the sub model is the future they need to leverage the portfolio of IP around that there onto a winner with the switch so far they need to be thinking forwards not backwards.

Woopah

That’s the one and I mean it sounds very nintendo because it makes virtually no sense..Mind the pun. In all seriousness the sub model is the future they need to leverage the portfolio of IP around that there onto a winner with the switch so far they need to be thinking forwards not backwards.
Maybe that twitter account will surprise me but I don't believe them so far, they just seem to pass off other's information as their own.

StormCell

Might only be my opinion, but I think the voice chat feature has sailed. The voice chat on the other boxes seems to go unused from what I've seen. Everyone is on Discord or similar phone app for party chat. This seems a compelling enough reason to skip it at this point. Anyone who wants to chat has a phone.

Skelterz

What does everyone make of the Donkey Kong leak? It’s supposedly being developed by the Odyssey team, which would be the first time since The NES where Nintendo internally handled the DK IP it’s pretty awesome if true.

Im thinking something akin to DK64 possibly in an odyssey style. I couldent see them just putting out another platformer tropical freeze already exists and IMO is one of the best platformers of the last 20 years.

Zannegan

What does everyone make of the Donkey Kong leak? It’s supposedly being developed by the Odyssey team, which would be the first time since The NES where Nintendo internally handled the DK IP it’s pretty awesome if true.

Im thinking something akin to DK64 possibly in an odyssey style. I couldent see them just putting out another platformer tropical freeze already exists and IMO is one of the best platformers of the last 20 years.
I wish, but I believe the leak specified 2D rather than Odyssey-style, which would be a monumentally stupid waste of talent if true, IMO. Not to say it doesn't take just as much talent to make an amazing 2D platformer as a 3D platformer, but I don't see the point in making a studio that's just proved itself amazing at one (and having all the tools and whatnot built for a second of that type) switch gears to the other. It's especially odd since, if there's one thing the Switch isn't hurting for, it's 2D platformers.

I'm hoping the rumor turns out to be totally false and that they're working on something else. I'd love to see a 3D DK from them, but if I had to choose between another 2D linear platformer and a mystery box project, I"d go with the mystery box every time. Lol.

EDIT:
I disagree with you to be honest the voice chat may as well not exist it’s a standalone feature that lives on a separate device it’s a joke, If it’s money they need to start taking the online functionality seriously let’s just not beat around the bush get on with it.

And I know this was from a couple of days ago, but I just wanted to say that I expressed myself poorly. My point was that adding features that barebones wouldn't really cost Nintendo anything, relatively speaking. There are companies who don't make a dime of subscriptions whose online puts Nintendo's to shame (every PC only dev ever, for instance). Basically, I don't think price is what's holding them back from making a decent online service. It also happens to be the only thing they have going for them compared to the competition.

Last edited:

Skelterz

I wish, but I believe the leak specified 2D rather than Odyssey-style, which would be a monumentally stupid waste of talent if true, IMO. Not to say it doesn't take just as much talent to make an amazing 2D platformer as a 3D platformer, but I don't see the point in making a studio that's just proved itself amazing at one (and having all the tools and whatnot built for a second of that type) switch gears to the other. It's especially odd since, if there's one thing the Switch isn't hurting for, it's 2D platformers.

I'm hoping the rumor turns out to be totally false and that they're working on something else. I'd love to see a 3D DK from them, but if I had to choose between another 2D linear platformer and a mystery box project, I"d go with the mystery box every time. Lol.

EDIT:

And I know this was from a couple of days ago, but I just wanted to say that I expressed myself poorly. My point was that adding features that barebones wouldn't really cost Nintendo anything, relatively speaking. There are companies who don't make a dime of subscriptions whose online puts Nintendo's to shame (every PC only dev ever, for instance). Basically, I don't think price is what's holding them back from making a decent online service. It also happens to be the only thing they have going for them compared to the competition.
Well said I suppose as a Nintendo fan and early adopter of the switch I’m still a little
bitter the system isn’t comparable as far as basic functionality is concerned, That being said I also owned a Wii U so in comparison to that unit the switch has been a beauty of a machine for games themselves.

Might only be my opinion, but I think the voice chat feature has sailed. The voice chat on the other boxes seems to go unused from what I've seen. Everyone is on Discord or similar phone app for party chat. This seems a compelling enough reason to skip it at this point. Anyone who wants to chat has a phone.

People still use party chat. That should be a feature on the Switch. Also, get rid of the friend codes. Make these things easy. That’s what the people want.

StormCell

People still use party chat. That should be a feature on the Switch. Also, get rid of the friend codes. Make these things easy. That’s what the people want.
I agree, they still do use party chat. On discord. I don't disagree that it should be a feature on Switch, it's just that the overwhelming majority of people don't really care or notice it's not because they use Discord or similar. I mean, with Discord you can also chat with your friends who aren't even playing or who don't even own said console. You can easily manage those chats, too. I imagine it would be pretty clunky if Nintendo did it, anyway.

I agree, they still do use party chat. On discord. I don't disagree that it should be a feature on Switch, it's just that the overwhelming majority of people don't really care or notice it's not because they use Discord or similar. I mean, with Discord you can also chat with your friends who aren't even playing or who don't even own said console. You can easily manage those chats, too. I imagine it would be pretty clunky if Nintendo did it, anyway.

I’m not really caught up on all that discord offers. I guess I’m not a fan of having to add more devices to the experience. I’m also not interested in chatting with people I’m not playing with. I concentrate when I play.

StormCell

I’m not really caught up on all that discord offers. I guess I’m not a fan of having to add more devices to the experience. I’m also not interested in chatting with people I’m not playing with. I concentrate when I play.
Do you happen to know how system party chats function for most cross platform titles? I'm just curious about how one goes about adding friends on Xbox to a Playstation party chat. It's obviously a non-issue for third party chat solutions.

Do you happen to know how system party chats function for most cross platform titles? I'm just curious about how one goes about adding friends on Xbox to a Playstation party chat. It's obviously a non-issue for third party chat solutions.

Never tried it, all my friends play on PlayStation. I don’t really do Switch cross platform and just got an Xbox for the first time since OG. I’m a simpleton I guess.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

A lot of people said the same thing about Retro Studios working on Donkey Kong and then they put out probably two of the best side-scrolling platformers ever made. They went from working on 3 excellent Metroid Prime games to making some of the best platformers ever.. So I wouldn't be so quick to scream doom and gloom quite yet.

Even if it ends up being a fantastic 2D platformer, I'd still be disappointed. I want DK to be something more than just a 2D game every decade and a character or two for Mario Kart/Party. It has the potential to be a bigger franchise.

In other news, my Switch Lite's left stick has died. Sent it in for repairs as it was still covered by two year warranty. I guess Monster Hunter was too much for the little thing to handle.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Even if it ends up being a fantastic 2D platformer, I'd still be disappointed. I want DK to be something more than just a 2D game every decade and a character or two for Mario Kart/Party. It has the potential to be a bigger franchise.

In other news, my Switch Lite's left stick has died. Sent it in for repairs as it was still covered by two year warranty. I guess Monster Hunter was too much for the little thing to handle.
That's a fair sentiment and I agree to a some degree that I'd like to see DK do something new too, I'd be interesting to see them try and go back to the DK64 formula and what they could do with the knowledge they've learned from Breath of the Wild, swinging through a jungle as DK could be a really good time. That said, Nintendo does a pretty good job of keeping it's most loved franchises close to the vest until they have something exceptional to show. Though Starfox was a wet-fart so they aren't immune to making some pretty big mistakes either.

StormCell

Never tried it, all my friends play on PlayStation. I don’t really do Switch cross platform and just got an Xbox for the first time since OG. I’m a simpleton I guess.
Nah, you're no simpleton. I just got XsX myself. It's part of the reason why I've concluded that the days of system party chat are sunsetting. We're older. We're millennial or X. Zoomers these days are on phones and tablets more than they are TVs, and when they're on the TV they've got all their friends with them on the phone or tablet. This trend arrived in Japan ahead of here, but it's surely here now. Younger gamers hang on to these devices like it's their lifeline to their social life.

I'm ready to try playing my XsX using my phone and a controller just to see what it's like.

Last edited:
Nah, you're no simpleton. I just got XsX myself. It's part of the reason why I've concluded that the days of system party chat are sunsetting. We're older. We're millennial or X. Zoomers these days are on phones and tablets more than they are TVs, and when they're on the TV they've got all their friends with them on the phone or tablet. This trend arrived in Japan ahead of here, but it's surely here now. Younger gamers hang on to these devices like it's their lifeline to their social life.

I'm ready to try playing my XsX using my phone and a controller just to see what it's like.

So Nintendo was awkwardly ahead of the game with the voice chat app on the phone, but they’ve poorly executed it? Yeah, I’m an older millennial that was probably more like a Gen X due to my older cousins’ influence.

StormCell

So Nintendo was awkwardly ahead of the game with the voice chat app on the phone, but they’ve poorly executed it? Yeah, I’m an older millennial that was probably more like a Gen X due to my older cousins’ influence.
Yeah, in a weird way, sort of. Yeah. The phone app is there for people who want to use it, but it's not the only way. It is one way. It is the official way if you're a parent and you want the absolute safest way for your children to make use of the voice feature. If you think about it, from a Japan-centric POV, everyone who is gaming on their Switch over there is either using Wifi or mobile hotspot so they're going to have their phone, which is their primary source of internet, and it sort of already makes sense to just use your bluetooth earbuds to talk to your friends while you play.

This is the long way of saying that I don't think anyone over there laments the lack of party chat on the Switch. I think they all use their phones to connect and having the phone app is just a means of finding playing the same game. You could do that with Discord as well, but the app makes it very specific to the game you're playing.

I'm already at that point, now, myself, where if I'm playing a game on Steam I'm not even using Steam for chat or voice. It's a weird sort of world now.

Cutty Flam

Banned

Doesn't seem likely that Nintendo would make a 2D Donkey Kong, but aren't there leaks that are saying a 2D Metroid is in the making and even completed? Not sure, leakers I always take with a grain of salt but I wonder why 2D seems to be the theme with these insider leakers recently?

Shaqazooloo

I don't understand why people are getting themselves hyped up over recent rumors. We've been through this countless times, get hyped for Nintendo as it seems software line-up will likely blow our minds and then get disappointed and angry when the event turns out to be not as hype as it was made out to be.

Some of these rumors going around and expectations are way too wild imo, I suppose I'll prepare for the inevitable breakdowns after E3.

Skelterz

I don't understand why people are getting themselves hyped up over recent rumors. We've been through this countless times, get hyped for Nintendo as it seems software line-up will likely blow our minds and then get disappointed and angry when the event turns out to be not as hype as it was made out to be.

Some of these rumors going around and expectations are way too wild imo, I suppose I'll prepare for the inevitable breakdowns after E3.

I don’t think anybody’s getting truly hyped per say, Just nice to have something fresh to talk about even if it’s a false leak always interesting to gauge people’s opinions.

Shaqazooloo

I don’t think anybody’s getting truly hyped per say, Just nice to have something fresh to talk about even if it’s a false leak always interesting to gauge people’s opinions.
I've been looking around other places and it really seems like people are getting high expectations and over hyping Nintendo's potential showing.

We'll see, right now I'm expecting the usual disappointment and rage to ensue after E3 ends.

Woopah

Doesn't seem likely that Nintendo would make a 2D Donkey Kong, but aren't there leaks that are saying a 2D Metroid is in the making and even completed? Not sure, leakers I always take with a grain of salt but I wonder why 2D seems to be the theme with these insider leakers recently?
I don't think it necessarily a theme, afterall there have been other rumoured games that weren't 2D (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Fire Emblem remake etc.). Its just that two of the games Nintendo will release in the future are 2D (which isn't surprising given their history)
I've been looking around other places and it really seems like people are getting high expectations and over hyping Nintendo's potential showing.

We'll see, right now I'm expecting the usual disappointment and rage to ensue after E3 ends.
There's always rage from some people but there'd definitely reasons to be positive about Nintendo's future. After a shit 2020 they've returned to their normal level of output this year, we are due games from many of their teams, and they've signalled their intention to release a large number of games. Obviously they're not going to reveal everything at E3, but I think its reasonable to expect to get 2-3 first party announcements and game play from BOTW2 and/or Bayonetta 3.

On a related note, here are the bits from Nintendo's Q&A that stood out to me or were interesting:

Active users on Switch

Q: What is the current scale of active users on Nintendo Switch? Qualitative information would be fine as well. I'd like to hear more about your stance regarding active users as part of the premise for your software sales forecasts.

A: After the release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there was a substantial increase in the number of consumers playing Nintendo Switch. There was a gradual decrease afterward, but there was another considerable increase during the year-end holiday season last year, which reached the highest number of active users since the release of Nintendo Switch. Although the number slightly decreased after the beginning of this calendar year, a lot of consumers are playing Nintendo Switch with the recent March release of Capcom's Monster Hunter Rise, so we don't think that the momentum is fading. Many new software titles will be released this fiscal year, starting in the first quarter, which we think will help continuously expand the range of consumers who play Nintendo Switch to include those who haven't played Nintendo Switch in a while or are completely new users.

R&D spending
Q: In recent years, research and development (R&D) expenses have been on the rise. What's the context for that? You're anticipating R&D expenses of nearly 100 billion yen this fiscal year, but could you give a general idea of what kind of development that is for?

Our software development costs, which include outsourcing, are increasing as we work to maintain a continuous stream of new titles for Nintendo Switch as it enters the middle of its lifecycle. Because per-title development costs are higher now than they were on past platforms, we anticipate that R&D expenses will continue to rise as we work to maintain a sizeable lineup of titles. We are also conducting a variety of studies, which include investigating ways to enhance our digital business, and future services that will help maintain long-term relationships with our consumers, as was touched on in the Corporate Management Policy Briefing last September. In addition, the development of the next generation of hardware needs to begin years before launch, so R&D expenses for that are gradually rising. We are aiming to grow by continuing our integrated hardware-software entertainment business, and that means conducting all sorts of research and development in various areas including both hardware and software.

Impact of COVID on past and future performance
Q: Overall software sales, not just limited to big titles, were strong in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year. Hardware sales were also good, and digital sales were flat compared to the previous quarter (the third quarter of the last fiscal year), staying at a very high level. Do you think this was affected by the resurgence of COVID-19? It looks like people's lives are getting back to normal in the United States and other countries. However, given these circumstances, what are the assumptions underlying the outlook for this fiscal year?

In the previous fiscal year, the number of consumers interested in Nintendo Switch expanded significantly after the release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, resulting in the strong demand for both hardware and software through the first nine months, and we think the effects of that were seen in the fourth quarter as well. In addition to the main drivers of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Ring Fit Adventure, the fourth quarter also featured very strong sales of our evergreen titles. From January through March 2021, sell-through of Nintendo titles like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Ring Fit Adventure, Super Mario Party, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY, and Splatoon 2, among others, exceeded that of the same period of the previous year. We believe that one of the major causes for this is that consumers who purchased Nintendo Switch when Animal Crossing: New Horizons was released purchased one of these evergreen titles as their next game. Sales of our new title, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, were also strong, and overall software sales were very high throughout the fourth quarter. We consider that one of the factors underlying this rise in sales was the increase in demand for home entertainment due to staying at home.

And in terms of digital sales, consumers who purchased hardware during the year-end holiday season are relatively inclined to purchase their next game digitally, leading to a tendency for the ratio of digital sales in the fourth quarter to be higher than the third quarter. But even so, the fourth-quarter digital sales in the previous fiscal year were comparable to those in the third quarter, which indicates that purchasing software digitally has become quite widespread as an option for our consumers. With the level of momentum we're seeing in the business, our sales forecasts for this fiscal Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ended March 2021 (Conference Call) Nintendo Co., Ltd. Q&A Summary 3 year are based on the continuous promotion of already-released evergreen titles to all of our consumers including new ones. The financial forecast for this fiscal year is primarily based on the sales outlook for unreleased new titles as well as our evergreen titles, and does not take into much consideration the impact of COVID-19. We are paying close attention to any differences in consumption patterns that may emerge across regions as the situation with COVID-19 subsides.

Why the lower forecast

Q: How is Nintendo Switch demand trending by region? Also, why is the software sales plan for this fiscal year lower than actual sales for last fiscal year despite the strong demand for software?

A:Regarding the current situation for Nintendo Switch hardware, there are no major differences between regions, and demand remains strong overall. However, COVID-19 has caused declines and delays in freight traffic in markets outside of Japan, and retailers in some regions are experiencing temporary shortages. In particular, the accident that blocked the Suez Canal caused delays in the transportation of products bound for Europe, and retail inventories are tight in some countries. In the United States, sales were strong in March, and the supply of hardware is currently not keeping up with the strong demand. In the "Others" region, sales are also growing steadily. Regarding the software sales, there are small differences among countries and regions, but overall, sales of both new titles and evergreen titles are doing well. Total software unit sales including titles from other software publishers for the full fiscal year are not easy to forecast at the beginning of the fiscal year. The 230.88 million units in actual sales in the previous fiscal year included many units of titles from other software publishers. Annual sales at the level of 200 million units is a scale we have seldom reached in a single year for a single platform, so even sales of 190.00 million units (the software sales volume forecast for the current fiscal year) is by no means a small number. Moreover, to reach that volume of sales requires that we firmly convey the appeal of Nintendo Switch to consume

Last edited:

Intoxicate

Mario Golf looks a bit more promising than Mario Tennis, which was not fun thanks to the strange special moves interrupting the gameplay. Still would have preferred a new strikkers.

Ok, so after finally finishing zelda (after a corrupt file fucked up all my previous game before I even finished), I restarted Xenoblade Chronicles. My first playthrough was not that good and I rushed a little bit, to the point that later in the game I was stuck in a fight that I simply could not win. Now I'm spending more time doing quests, grinding a little bit more and the game has been waaaaaaaay better than before.

And lately I've been into anime (watching Evangelion) and for some reason I've been wanting to play some JRPGs, so just restarted Xenoblade Chronicles.

Shaqazooloo

Same here, I have quite a few JRPGs in my backlog and after beating Need For Speed I've been wanting to tackle a few.

Spent about 40 hours on the weekend playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I only got about halfway through before I dropped it for a few years so felt good to return and finally get it done. Now I'm playing the Torna DLC and Megadimensions Neptunia VII.

I should have Torna done by the end of the week hopefully. Early impressions are good, I like the combat a lot more then the base game, it looks nicer imo and they fixed the lip-syncing and voice acting. Really enjoying my time with it.

I want to eventually get XCDE and get that done before the year ends.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Same here, I have quite a few JRPGs in my backlog and after beating Need For Speed I've been wanting to tackle a few.

Spent about 40 hours on the weekend playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I only got about halfway through before I dropped it for a few years so felt good to return and finally get it done. Now I'm playing the Torna DLC and Megadimensions Neptunia VII.

I should have Torna done by the end of the week hopefully. Early impressions are good, I like the combat a lot more then the base game, it looks nicer imo and they fixed the lip-syncing and voice acting. Really enjoying my time with it.

I want to eventually get XCDE and get that done before the year ends.
Im in the minority but i vastly preferred the characters and story from DE. Better combat system in 2 and the blades were cool though

Andyliini

Regarding Xenoblade, I just watched the ending for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and almost teared up again. It's still one of the best endings I have ever seen in a video game. Hopefully we see something new from MonolithSoft at E3, I have been waiting for a new adevnture for some time now. I just fear it can't lice up to my expectations.

Mr Hyde

Been on a bit of a retro journey the past couple of weeks. Started with Aladdin from the Aladdin/Lion King double pack. It's one of the first games I bought for my Mega Drive with my own money as a kid and I loved it dearly (had to save money for several months, games were expensive as fuck back in the day). Played through the original and the Final Cut version. It's interesting to see cut content being added in a re-release like this. I think it's the first time I ever seen it.

I then booted up Secret of Mana. Haven't played it before because I didn't own a SNES (was in the Sega camp as a kid). It's good so far, very nice graphics. The npc AI is crap but overall it's a nice adventure. About half way through. I also played through the remake of Trials of Mana, which I loved, so I'm feeling pretty excited now for Legend of Mana that drops in June.

After that I'm thinking Super Mario 64. Haven't played it in about a decade or so, so I figured now is the time. Will also buy Zombies ate my neighbors and Ghoul Patrol when it drops.

I love these nostalgia trips on the Switch.

Porcile

Regarding Xenoblade, I just watched the ending for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and almost teared up again. It's still one of the best endings I have ever seen in a video game. Hopefully we see something new from MonolithSoft at E3, I have been waiting for a new adevnture for some time now. I just fear it can't lice up to my expectations.

I think MonolithSoft are one of those studios that can knock it out the park each time. They are on such a hot streak right now and they have that Nintendo studio mentality now which they didn't have before. I know Kotaku is a bit shitty but they wrote a great article about the history of Monolith and how they became a AAA studio making the best RPGs in the biz right now.

Mr Hyde

Also, it fucking sucks that the Disney afternoon collection is not on the Switch. Makes zero sense, considering the games appeared on the original NES and carries a lot of nostalgia for us older players. I don't understand why the Switch still is seen as a second class citizen in regards to some releases. This thing has sold like 80 million units already, pushing for the 100 million mark. Releasing games on it, especially retro, should be top priority.

Aldric

Have you guys seen the last rumors from the DKVine guys? Apparently the same sources that told them EPD Tokyo was working on a new DK game also mentioned that after Tropical Freeze Retro Studios was working on a new IP with David Wise still composing the OST but it got cancelled.

If that's true that's legitimately the most disappointing videogame news in recent memory. That sounds like a dream game to me and to think we'll never even see it is such a bummer. It doesn't bode well for Metroid Prime 4 either, as Retro is apparently incapable of bringing an ambitious project to completion. To say I'm butthurt would be an understatement.

Andyliini

Have you guys seen the last rumors from the DKVine guys? Apparently the same sources that told them EPD Tokyo was working on a new DK game also mentioned that after Tropical Freeze Retro Studios was working on a new IP with David Wise still composing the OST but it got cancelled.

If that's true that's legitimately the most disappointing videogame news in recent memory. That sounds like a dream game to me and to think we'll never even see it is such a bummer. It doesn't bode well for Metroid Prime 4 either, as Retro is apparently incapable of bringing an ambitious project to completion. To say I'm butthurt would be an understatement.
To be honest, I think it would have been a much bigger disaster had they completed the game, but it would have been bad. I don't think Nintendo, or anyone else, cancels a project lightly, considering they have already invested money in it.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

So, I think I'm getting close to the end of Torna, I love the combat a lot more in this expansion then the base game, I feel more involved in the battles this time around and I'm not as reliant on my allies to be competent, been really enjoying myself... unfortunately the game decided to include mandatory side quests, so now I have to raise my community level to 3 by helping people so I can access the final boss (?)... great... never a good idea to put this in a game unless it's for a true ending.

Mr Hyde

Is there something wrong with E-shop? There is a good sale now and I'm trying to buy Panzer Dragoon Remake and Dex, they are dirt cheap, but I keep getting a error code every time I'm trying to go through with the purchase. So incredibly annoying. Anybody else experienced this?

Mr Hyde

I deleted my credit card info and tried re-enter it, in case there was some glitch with my card, but now I can't even add my credit card info. Getting the same error code as I got when trying to buy. Fucking technology. Why can't it just work?

Top Bottom