• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

bender

What time is it?
Anyone pick up Kowloon High-School Chronicle? Pretty tempted but this is going to be an expensive month with Mario, Ghosts 'N Goblins (didn't realize it was coming this soon) and Bravely Default II (more RPGs I'll buy and never play).
Reached Chapter in Age of Calamity. Starting to regret my choice of playing on Hard but I grinded the hell out of the demo. Air and Lightning almost broke me. Beat the final boss with a quarter of a heart left. I think the difficulty curve has definitely caught up to me. Trying to do everything on the map is also kind of crazy. I'm at a little over 41 hour snow.

Shaqazooloo

So im buying a new 2ds bundle that comes with mario kart 7 pre installed. Is the 3ds eshop still running in na or do i need to buy physical cartridges as well. Id like to get 3d land and link between worlds as well. Also, for majoras mask and ocarina, should i pick those up as well? Or all those likely to come to switch?
The 3DS eShop is still running so you should be good.

I would wait until later this year and see what Grezzo is working on this year. They've been making Nintendo's remakes lately so they may end up doing a remake on Switch, though no rumors suggest that to be the case (as far as I know) its just something that I think has a chance of happening.

Impotaku

Looks like the uk nintendo store has preorders up for the monster hunter limited edition switch for anyone that wants to pick one up. As of now the preorders are still available not sold out (yet) same rules apply of one per person which seems to be slowing down the scalpers and this one is gonna get scalped. People in Japan already trying to ruin the stock situation.

Jooxed

Gold Member

MagnesG

Banned
Game looks great but not a fan of the giant head look. Was this a thing on the first game?
Never got to play it on the 3DS
Yes, but the chibi look kinda make sense with how small the screen is on 3ds you want everything to be easier to identify. I guess they really want to nurture that style for this series.

I'm still 50/50 with the style.

Woopah

In the West we've got 2 new games and 1 port current announced for the first 4 months of 2021. Not terrible but not too great either. I'm really curious what we would have got if Covid wasn't a thing.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bravely is what I'm looking forward to the most. I have Rise pre-ordered, but I don't know if it's my kind of game.
I’m super excited for Rise but you shouldn’t blindly pre-order games without knowing what you are getting yourself in to. Have you downloaded the demo? If not I would say do some research on Monster Hunter series.

Where is my Nocturne remake?
Remake!? Nocturne is getting remaster not Remake. Released date for now is Q1/2 2021.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I’m super excited for Rise but you shouldn’t blindly pre-order games without knowing what you are getting yourself in to. Have you downloaded the demo? If not I would say do some research on Monster Hunter series.

Remake!? Nocturne is getting remaster not Remake. Released date for is Q1/2 2021.
I would say monster hunter is much better with friends than solo. If Newly Vacant Newly Vacant has a group of people to play with it will be enjoyable.

I hate mh solo

The original post of the conversation mentioned something relevant from Nintendo, I thought it was obvious he was talking about first party Nintendo games.

Don't get me wrong, I've been frustrated with the constant blue balls that has been the past year for Nintendo games. BUT the Switch is still getting a steady flow of content. It's nothing to write home about, but it's not that bad considering COVID. They are probably lining up software with the basically inevitable Switch Pro announcement.

Jooxed

Gold Member
That's "outrageous" thinking there. Nintendo and Monolithsoft releasing new products this year would be fantastic.
ZM4Jidm.jpg

StormCell

That's "outrageous" thinking there. Nintendo and Monolithsoft releasing new products this year would be fantastic.

I guess I'm still much more conservative on my expectations. Nintendo could totally be lying to our faces, but when they say they don't have new hardware in their plans for the foreseeable future, I then shift my expectations out at least 3 quarters. I don't expect a 2021 launch date for this new hardware unless, again, they're lying to us. I mean to say that at this point (it's February), one would expect that Nintendo would know by now if it is planning to unveil a brand new Switch model for the holiday season. Right?

Last edited:
I hope so. The ideal scenario is the Pro version launching with Monolith's medieval fantasy action game followed by BotW2 a couple of onths later, but I'm probably getting ahead of myself here.
I'd sign for that. Hopefully we'll get info on all of that during the E3 season but I'm still worried about the impact Covid well end up having on dev schedules and everything so I'm still fairly reserved with my expectations for this year.

Top Bottom