• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
While most of the discounts for the Switch New Year Sale are a little lackluster, if you like puzzlers The Last Campfire is a good distraction for $10.50.

Edit: actually on a closer look, there are some steep discounts in there .....

Last edited:
While most of the discounts for the Switch New Year Sale are a little lackluster, if you like puzzlers The Last Campfire is a good distraction for $10.50.

The Konami collection sales are good. $4.99 for Contra, Castlevania, or Arcade classics. The Doom sales and the Star Wars sales are also good. I personally picked up a few games from the Sega Ages sale.

Good Job, Box boy, Cross Code, Grandi Collection, Alien Isolation, Clubhouse Games, Curse of the Moon 2, Tales of Vesperia, Katamari Damacy, and Sonic Mania are also good deals.

The first party sales at year end were better, but there are some good third party deals.

Shaqazooloo

I doubt anyone other than me cares, but Hitman 3 Cloud version releases same day as the other versions.

I doubt anyone other than me cares, but Hitman 3 Cloud version releases same day as the other versions.

Newly Vacant Newly Vacant cares 🔥

Last edited:
I care in the opposite way Shaqazooloo Shaqazooloo cares.
angry zach braff GIF

Astral Dog

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I’m not a fan of cloud gaming, but what do they do if this is the only option for these games to make it to the Switch?
I prefer to wait for a Switch 2 version(not Pro that one still gonna be compatible with og Switch) but, if its the only way to play them right now, im ok with some Cloud version on the Eshop for gamers interested even if i don't play them

Last edited:

Impotaku

Hey Pokemon Snap is nice and all, but you know what would be nicer? A new POKEMON TRADING CARD GAME!
I have wondered this for a long time why with all the game mechanics in the tcg why they haven't revived the gbc style card rpg games, i used to love the gameboy games it was a load of fun to battle using cards especially as none of my friends were into it so i had nobody to play against. Especially with online nowadays it would make for some great battles, the catch would be which cards would go into it as now it's pretty much like yugioh with the volume of cards that have been released over the years, also there's the risk of something like that been easily rigged for microtransaction shit.

The last thing closest to it was on the DS when they released that how to play starter set that had a DS game which taught you the card game rules in basically a cut down version of the gbc games.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

You know I have this game and forgot about it waiting for it to patched , are all the issues fixed that people were complaining about?
Im gonna be honest, if you don't care about portability you may consider getting this one on another system. The game isn't that fluid or pretty even after the patches.

However, it has been patched (four times!) and its now playable. Load times, iq and bugs have noticeably improved since launch so even on Switch its not a bad deal, i just feel 60fps is important for this kind of game

Edit:but if you already have it just play it! They won't patch it any more worth a look now with classic mode👍

Last edited:

Skelterz

Just saw today this is a big year for anniversary’s Altus are celebrating square are celebrating Dragon quest you’ve got Zelda and Pokémon as well! I’d love DQViii to get a remaster I’ve never played it but i hear good things, maybe they’ll localise DQX?

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Top Bottom