• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Airbus Jr

Banned
I wish Bowser's Fury was available as a standalone thing. Looks very intriguing.
Same here man it looks sick..

I want to play it..but im to lazy to go back to 3d world and have to finish all the stage in that game again to get to that chapter..

If it a standalone game..i might give it a try...

If it isnt..well...my backlog is just to big right now...prob gona watch it on youtube if i got the chance...

Last edited:

Woopah

Same here man it looks sick..

I want to play it..but im to lazy to go back to 3d world and have to finish all the stage in that game again to get to that chapter..

If it a standalone game..i might give it a try...

If it isnt..well...my backlog is just to big right now...prob gona watch it on youtube if i got the chance...
I never owned a Wii U but 3D World never looked appealing to me. This expansion looks much more interesting.
Word on the street is that we're getting some sort of Zelda-themed limited edition hardware get announced next week. Zelda Direct perhaps?
Turns out it was a Mario-themed hardware not Zelda-themed. Maybe they want to wait after the Mario celebration is over before revealing any Zelda stuff.

MagnesG

Banned
Are the other trails games on switch? Cause if not this seems redundant considering I’ve read multiple times this series must be played in order.
Only Cold Steel 3, but tbh it wasn't even considered that the series would be released on Switch beforehand.

Also the first Cold Steel was released on 2013, and the latest Switch ports are kind of continuing the legacy of portable release from Vita.

Pretty sure the first and 2nd one would come anytime soon though.

MagnesG

Banned
I never said the other place was generally better than GAF, I do like GAF more. I just think the Nintendo discussions are better there.

Anyway, maybe I can start by setting an example. When do you guys think the next direct is going to be?
I think big direct wouldn't come unless E3 started back for this year.

Aldric

Man seeing Bowser's Fury makes me hope the rumors about EPD Tokyo developing a new Donkey Kong game end up being true. Imagine what they could do with the IP. It also reminded me of how Nintendo still are the most creative and exciting developers in the industry when they try and it's a shame they don't come up with Bowser's Fury level games more often instead of basic ports and safe lowest common denominator titles.

Yeah, I still don't understand why they didn't make a white Switch for Animal Crossing. It seems like a mistake.
DIY modding is relatively painless although not necessarily easy. I've reshelled about 20 pairs of joy-cons and I'm down to like 30 minutes now, but the first couple will take 1-2 hours. White, for example, can be found here (or with D-pad here) and here. There are other brands but I've had the best success with the ones from those links.

I actually started an Etsy shop this year just doing custom Joy-Cons but after an initial wave of orders have not sold any in several months.

Last edited:

Impotaku

The mario edition of the switch is now available to preorder for anyone that can use the uk nintendo store, thankfully the scalpers havent fucked over the supply for the moment everything is still available the one per customer is probably fighting off the scalping too. Managed to get a preorder in to replace my aging switch.

Last edited:

Intoxicate

The mario edition of the switch is now available to preorder for anyone that can use the uk nintendo store, thankfully the scalpers havent fucked over the supply for the moment everything is still available the one per customer is probably fighting off the scalping too. Managed to get a preorder in to replace my aging switch.

Is the red the same color as the Mario Odyssey Edition red? Still my favorite in combination with the black of the screen.

Astral Dog

I just want Nintendo to give us a peak at the full year. I want to know something else is coming out past March.
I think the problem is with Covid plans could drastically change one day or month from another, Nintendo is playing it close to the chest with info. doubt that strategy will change until covid goes away

but at least Bowser's Fury looks awesome! shame i already played 3D World if not i would be more hyped

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
tenor.gif

Kreen101

"Mario is sent to Lake Lapcat, where everything is cat-themed—and Bowser has gone berserk! Team up with Bowser Jr. to help his dad chill out in this short but action-packed standalone adventure."

Yeah, not double-dipping then.

Intoxicate

"Mario is sent to Lake Lapcat, where everything is cat-themed—and Bowser has gone berserk! Team up with Bowser Jr. to help his dad chill out in this short but action-packed standalone adventure."
It will not be a full game, but good for a couple of hours. Apparently you fight bowser more then once in the giant cat form.

Is the red the same color as the Mario Odyssey Edition red? Still my favorite in combination with the black of the screen.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. It’s definitely not the neon red, but I have the other red joycons and they look darker. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the lighting of the pictures or the contrast of red with blue.

Aldric

I expect something at least as robust as Octo Expansion so between 5 to 8 hours of content. If it's only a couple hours that'd be a huge disappointment, but I still think you unlock other parts of the map after collecting a certain number of shines.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I'm getting it just to play it again. The Bowser thing is secondary to me.

Kreen101

I expect something at least as robust as Octo Expansion so between 5 to 8 hours of content. If it's only a couple hours that'd be a huge disappointment, but I still think you unlock other parts of the map after collecting a certain number of shines.
I think for the PR to actually say it's "short" means it's a couple hours of content: that's what I expect.

Aldric

This really feels like a 3D Mario that references the NES games, especially 2 & 3
Matthewmatosis made a good point in his video on the game when he said it felt like a kind of Mario's greatest hits compilation both 2D and 3D with a lot of mechanics lifted from previous titles (the 4 playable characters from US SMB2, the map from SMB3, the jumps from 64, plenty of stage gimmicks from Galaxy etc). It might sound good on paper but I thought it resulted in the game lacking identity and uniqueness.

NateDrake

Is that the guy who insists the revision will have DLSS for 4K upscaling?
And when it does?

Maybe? It's a good video. I mean it's rumors and conjecture, but I like both Nate and MVG.

We wanted to breakdown the datamined info further and look at it from the point of what it really is: a single piece of a much bigger picture. Could the data be an indicator of what a Pro will be? Could it be outdated hardware? Could it be an internal testing kit? Could it be something different? There was never enough info pulled from the datamine to directly assign it to a Pro or 2021 revision.

As MVG said, many thought the V2 Switch would be a more substantial upgrade via datamined info due to the change of chip with Mariko. Nintendo opted to keep clocks the same & to improve battery life. With the datamined info, we have two bits of info: new screen and the inclusion of a RealTek chip. Otherwise, the datamine claims the SoC is the same, RAM is the same, and there is no indicator the clocks have seen improvement. The RealTek chip could be used in a number of ways, as we went over.

And when it does?

We wanted to breakdown the datamined info further and look at it from the point of what it really is: a single piece of a much bigger picture. Could the data be an indicator of what a Pro will be? Could it be outdated hardware? Could it be an internal testing kit? Could it be something different? There was never enough info pulled from the datamine to directly assign it to a Pro or 2021 revision.

As MVG said, many thought the V2 Switch would be a more substantial upgrade via datamined info due to the change of chip with Mariko. Nintendo opted to keep clocks the same & to improve battery life. With the datamined info, we have two bits of info: new screen and the inclusion of a RealTek chip. Otherwise, the datamine claims the SoC is the same, RAM is the same, and there is no indicator the clocks have seen improvement. The RealTek chip could be used in a number of ways, as we went over.
I appreciate the video. I like you guys. Hopefully you didn't take my "rumors and conjecture" as an insult.

NateDrake

I appreciate the video. I like you guys. Hopefully you didn't take my "rumors and conjecture" as an insult.

Not at all. It is conjecture. We are analyzing the information made available from the datamine and exploring the possible avenues it could relate to.

When it does what? It's a simple question, don't get catty.

If it was a sincere question, then I apologize. Most questions framed in such a manner, especially online, are snarky in nature and meant to be dismissive.

Aldric

Not at all. It is conjecture. We are analyzing the information made available from the datamine and exploring the possible avenues it could relate to.

If it was a sincere question, then I apologize. Most questions framed in such a manner, especially online, are snarky in nature and meant to be dismissive.
It was a legit question, it's no big deal.

I hope you're right, I'd love a solid upgrade with more modern tech, the 2017 model is starting to feel inadequate.

NateDrake

It was a legit question, it's no big deal.

I hope you're right, I'd love a solid upgrade with more modern tech, the 2017 model is starting to feel inadequate.
As we touched on in this episode, an upgrade in 2021 based on the same tech (Mariko) seems like an odd direction, thus why we dismiss the datamine as a barometer for the Pro.

4K achieved via DLSS is a more viable solution and one that benefits Nintendo, Nvidia, and developers.

Top Bottom