• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Negativity is important though. Nintendo fucked so many things up in 2020, it's important to voice as much criticism as possible so they can improve. This is why we went from Skyward Sword to BOTW.
What exactly did they fuck up in 2020? AC was a huge success. The new Paper Mario was a nice diversion. The collection was good, no galaxy 2 was lame but not really too much of a let down. I haven't played it, but the Zelda game got positive fan reaction. If this was a year where they fucked up so many things, can you really name one where they did so much better outside of 2017?

Also I don't think BoTW was a reaction to Skyward Sword's negativity as a lot of that revolved around the controls and the controls were the focus of how they designed the game. They were fucking awful. I never beat it because the "precise" moves you needed to beat the game, would not register correctly. Not sure if I had a marginal motion plus or if the tech just blew. I would love the chance to play an HD port of that game. I tried to play it on an emulator with a Wii mote but it was a pain in the ass to get the controller connected, the wiiU running to power the stupid sensor bar and the game was a bit glitchy. No way in hell I am playing it in SD on my WiiU.

Corgi1985

Banned
To be honest, Nintendo discussions on Era were much better than here imo and I miss that... All I see here is people talking about old / irrelevant games while on the other side insiders teasing exciting stuff, everyone gets on the hype train and users speculate about new exciting nintendo games, upcoming events or consoles. And sometimes after a disappointing show from Nintendo, the thread turns into a mess . It's funny and exciting.

This thread in comparison is just... boring or its too much about members joking about themselves. Cmon GAF, where is the spirit? I remember all the hype around here before the exodus. It was great.

We need to get that back!
The problem is there is fuck all to talk about. When nintendo hasn't had a direct in 87 years and the big holiday release was a half assed collection of ancient mario games, what is there to say? The only reason the nintendo discussion on era is lively is because they can't stop defending their favorite billion dollar company from mild criticism.

Andyliini

It's interesting they are announcing a trailer beforehand, for an old game. It's possible that Bowser's Fury actually is much bigger sidestory than I originally thought. I sold my Wii U copy when I learned of this version, so I'll buy it again, and gladly play through it once more.

Skelterz

I’ll be honest I feel 2021 is going to be an absolutely huge year for Nintendo as far as content and surprises go, 2020 for myself was sort of lacklustre imo however there were some really decent games for others.

2021 so far we know we’re getting

Mario 3D world+bowsers fury

Monster hunter rise & stories

No more heroes

Shin Megami tensei V and the HD nocturne remake

Persona 5 scramble

Bravely default 2

It’s Zelda’s anniversary potential For a collection and a look at BOTW2

It’s Pokemon’s anniversary potential for a collection/remake plus pokemon snap is in the works

Bayonetta 3 potential

Thats just from the top of my head there’s probably loads I’ve missed here, Also there’s more and more rumours of a new Switch pro. Guys 2021 is going to be a lovely year for Nintendo fans and switch owners, there’s no company that can have an incredible year every year these games need to be developed at the end of the day there will always be years that are almost like building block years.

Apparently there's a demo for Monster Hunter Rise? Maybe I should give it a try...
The only game I played in the series was Generations on the 3DS; having never played one before, I tried the tutorials, and... never went further than that. The games look nice and I'd really like to go deeper (and both my little sister and older brother are into them a lot, which is why I bought Generations in the first place), but never really put my mind to it.

Who knows, maybe it will be like with Hyrule Warriors; I played Legends quite a bit, but it's only after double-dipping for DE that I really got into the game. It's easily my most played game on the Switch now.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Guess what arrived today Nintenchads

Nice!

Have not received my copy yet, but here are some pics of Panzer Dragoon for you NintenChads:

ms7sj00.jpg

XmVepA8.jpg
bEmG2WK.jpg

Looks neat! Been ages since I played PD. Yeah was worried that it might be damaged during transport. But it was wrapped in bubblewrap. Really pleased with Iam8bit. Wont be the last time i shop at them 👍

StormCell

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nintendo Directs are truly dead :(

If we would get a direct this month, that information would be in there... so no direct this month..?

You're probably right that there won't be one this month. If history is anything to go on for general Directs, then Nintendo doesn't usually do generals between October and February. We may get a general around Valentines day or some time in March when there is absolutely nothing announced in the release calendar.

It's also possible that for the foreseeable future Nintendo will continue to shadow drop game announcements and release dates to forgo the extra effort of a general Direct. I don't think that Directs are dead as they've continued to use them to showcase third party software, and if we don't get another general direct soon then I would begin to hedge my bets that the next one will include some new hardware.

StormCell

That Mario trailer was actually quite good. Seems like the world will be an open one, like in Odyssey, hopefully co-op is not required.

They did it. Those madmen did it. They actually managed to make the best 3D Mario game even better. Trailer was lit AF.

I guess I couldn't really tell how much content there is for Bowser's Fury, and my memory of 3D World is pretty furry. Are we looking at half a dozen new levels or perhaps more?

Hudo

I guess I couldn't really tell how much content there is for Bowser's Fury, and my memory of 3D World is pretty furry. Are we looking at half a dozen new levels or perhaps more?
My guess is rather that this is a big open zone and I guess that you can do trials/dungeons/whatever in whichever order you want. And maybe Bowser transforming into Death Metal Bowser is timed or gated behind progress? And then shit just starts to go. So in a way it might be a kind of open world zone with rogue-lite elements maybe (where stuff reshuffles/randomizes itself after each death)? My impression is that it doesn't follow 3D World's usual structure.

StormCell

I saw some tropical watery level-looking stuff and then later on I saw snow flakes and hopping up a giant tower of sorts. I wasn't sure if it was one large open area or a collection of areas.

It looks cool.

ExpandKong

Banned
What a amazing example sir/ma‘am !
Such stunning insight and great info
Clapping Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yeahhhhh I didn't wanna keep ragging on the lil' fella but if "when's a Direct coming?" is an example of the caliber of conversation over at era maybe it wasn't as amazing as we've been led to believe.

Hey about that new Bowser Fury game

Do i need to reinstall Mario 3D World or the game sold separately?

It's a new mode/new content being included with the Switch port of the game.

Top Bottom