• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Eevee86

Why would they expect a former CEO of a major company take such a divisive stance? One thing about selling products is being able to appeal to everyone and for the most part stay out of the politics.
I'm pretty sure he was congratulating someone he knew personally for winning an award or something.

RavageX

Quick random bit. Been playing Bravely Default and I broke one of the crystals after only going through cleansing them once. How bad did I mess up?

Havent beaten any dragons or anything. I did beat the bosses again though.

(Story-wise I mean)

Last edited:

RavageX

How do you like Bravely Default? I've been meaning to check it out, but too busy playing other things.

There nothing that comes to mind that I did not like about the game so far. Ive enjoyed it, and dont mind grinding. Job system gives you plenty to play with and i get a kick out of the dialogue.

Id suggest trying the demo to be sure!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No, there are still a lot of dangerous minorities.
1435884241741.jpg

I did not know Dylann Roof posted here.

mickaus

Did anyone here buy Pikmin 3? I feel like the demand for more Pikmin is always exaggerated. I bought it for the Wii U when it came out, but that was just because I was desperate for Wii U games. It was fun, but it's not something I think about revisiting.
I bought it with my birthday money. I like close ended games like Pikmin, open world games are getting too exhausting to try and finish quests, backtracking etc.

ExpandKong

Banned
First TKOFromTokyo TKOFromTokyo over a pasta and now you? Nintendo bros not like this.
5f0fbc4ee0b38.gif

FATHaP5.jpg

You broke my heart Fredo

I'm currently playing the 1st game and actually love the character designs.

The entire game's aesthetics reminds me of......
61G90C4710L._AC_.jpg
Redline-wallpaper-500x502.jpg

Yeah truthfully the style is about the only thing I feel like Suda absolutely nails in all his games. The gameplay always seems to have some quirks. Love the NMH games and Killer 7 though. Haven’t gotten around to Killer is Dead.

Last edited:
FATHaP5.jpg

You broke my heart Fredo

Yeah truthfully the style is about the only thing I feel like Suda absolutely nails in all his games. The gameplay always seems to have some quirks. Love the NMH games and Killer 7 though. Haven’t gotten around to Killer is Dead.

I agree on NMH, but I loved Killer 7. It was so fresh to me at the time, completely different than what I had expected. I was not used to that kind of on rails gameplay, but it worked for me.

ExpandKong

Banned
I agree on NMH, but I loved Killer 7. It was so fresh to me at the time, completely different than what I had expected. I was not used to that kind of on rails gameplay, but it worked for me.

Absolutely. I picked up Killer 7 on a whim when it launched on GameCube and it impressed me a lot. The odd gameplay style served the story well in that case.

With NMH I felt like the meat of the gameplay was good, but the empty overworld and money grind left a lot to be desired. NMH2 improved on that if I remember correctly, but I only played through that one once so I can’t remember specifics really.

I don’t know how involved he actually was with lollipop chainsaw or shadows of the damned, but they definitely felt like his games. Shadows was a pretty competent RE4 clone at least. Lollipop Chainsaw was okayish and also the kind of game that will probably not get a remaster nowadays, hahah.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Killer 7 was awesome. Weird fucking game - you have to be in the mood for it. But it's damn good.

NMH I actually didn't love the first time around - the graphics felt N64-ish at times. Oddly, I ended up loving the PS3 remake that a lot of people chided, because it cleaned things up a lot and just felt more polished. NMH2 was always great.

Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned were fun, but a definite cut below. Straight up "fun" action games took a major hit during the 360 era, and they felt like victims of whatever pox was affecting Japanese devs at the time.

Top Bottom