• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Jooxed

Gold Member
So I’ve been trying Control Cloud version and it’s running okay. I have a weird issue where the Audio comes after I perform the action by like 1/2 a second. It’s not a game breaker I guess but definitely annoying.

is the problem my internet connection (200mbs). Or does this come as part of the cloud gaming package. I even tried hardwiring my switch but that didn’t help.

Eevee86

Did anyone here buy Pikmin 3? I feel like the demand for more Pikmin is always exaggerated. I bought it for the Wii U when it came out, but that was just because I was desperate for Wii U games. It was fun, but it's not something I think about revisiting.
I did, haven't gotten around to playing it yet though. I don't expect it to do amazing numbers, but it should get the sales it deserved on the Wii U this time at least.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m guessing Pikmin 3 didn’t exactly do gangbusters.

Least hyped Nintendo release I’ve seen in a while. I’m guessing that’s down to casuals having no idea what it is, and fans more wanting a sequel than a handheld replay (in the same resolution), as well as remaster fatigue coming off the Mario collection.

Intoxicate

I bought Pikmin 3, again. I had it on the Wii U but never got into it. You need to put some time into it to get used to it to start enjoying the gameplay. I have a great time and would love it if it had native 720p in handheld mode. Similar to Yoshi it’s a potty the Switch doesn’t have more power to deliver full HD.

Neff

I bought it for the Wii U when it came out, but that was just because I was desperate for Wii U games.

Most Wii U owners probably did, including me. IIRC it was the first high-profile game after a 6 month post-launch drought, meaning it enjoyed more than its share of sales simply because there was nothing else to play. As such, demand for a port might have been a bit exaggerated on Nintendo's part.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Pikmin 3 is fun. Day 8 with two bosses down. I don't usually harp on graphical flaws but boy does it need some AA.

Or just 1080p instead of 720. Lol. I still can’t believe they prioritized drop-in/drop-out co-op over an appropriate presentation for today’s displays. It makes even less sense on handheld. Sub-HD so you can play same-screen co-op on a handheld. ‘K. Totally the right priorities.

I would have been completely cool with saving and reloading the game to bring another player in. Most would. I think Nintendo overthinks themselves into utter ridiculousness sometimes.

Shaqazooloo

Did anyone here buy Pikmin 3? I feel like the demand for more Pikmin is always exaggerated. I bought it for the Wii U when it came out, but that was just because I was desperate for Wii U games. It was fun, but it's not something I think about revisiting.
I didnt quite like it on Wii U and even the ads didnt really show off anything too exciting, so I skipped it.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I’m guessing Pikmin 3 didn’t exactly do gangbusters.

Least hyped Nintendo release I’ve seen in a while. I’m guessing that’s down to casuals having no idea what it is, and fans more wanting a sequel than a handheld replay (in the same resolution), as well as remaster fatigue coming off the Mario collection.

Tbh that's the key thing. Honestly had I not played the demo I'd have no idea what the game actually entailed. Nintendo have in some ways done quite a poor job of selling the sizzle instead of the sausage here.

SCB3

Pikmin 3 has a few issues where it's worse than the Wii U version, it was an underselling game originally and people preferred 2 over it

Eevee86

Most Wii U owners probably did, including me. IIRC it was the first high-profile game after a 6 month post-launch drought, meaning it enjoyed more than its share of sales simply because there was nothing else to play. As such, demand for a port might have been a bit exaggerated on Nintendo's part.
I'm pretty sure it barely broke a million.

Shaqazooloo

I'm pretty sure it barely broke a million.
Yup, according to this list it only managed 1.27 million.

7O6P7Et.jpg

Go out and vote political video that is clearly just leftist trash. Regardless of who they want people to vote for they should keep that crap off there channel.

Ain't seen no politics from him so far. He looks cucky though but he ain't half bad.

I sacked off GameXplain a couple of years ago. I still have a soft spot for Derrick. I used to love the videos he did on Christmas with his Grandma and always seemed like a decent a pleasant human being, regardless of his political views.

Andre is stooped in Woke. Coupled with his voice, makes it 100 times worse.
"Jon" is a fucking British woke-brigade tool with an even more annoying voice. Being British, native wokeness annoys me so much more. Probably a member of Momentum.
Ash is by far the worst of them. Woke up to the eyeballs, Twitter page is pure cringe. The final straw for me was him bragging about his black girlfriend on the podcast. How fucking low do you need to go dude? You married the person you love, why do you need to say anything about the colour of her skin apart from to get extra woke points? The guy is creepy as fuck. I don't know anything about anyone in games media's other half except Ash fuckin' Paulsen because he just can't help himself.

Spawn Wave is decent for gaming / tech news and breakdowns. Not very in depth in terms of the tech stuff. But his news show is good and without the political BS.

Shaqazooloo

I mean, I knew Andre (or someone from that channel) were on reset but they didn't seem too political from what I saw.

Really disappointed with them over this, not because they back Biden, but because they let it infect there pure (mostly Nintendo) gaming channel.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Go out and vote political video that is clearly just leftist trash. Regardless of who they want people to vote for they should keep that crap off there channel.
Dumb video. Mario is Joe Biden, a working class hero. Wario is Trump a fat bankrupt villain. I don’t get why people dive into those worlds on behalf of their brand. Fine if they want to do it personally but not using their brand. Business 101-don’t alienate your customers. Generally I find it distasteful whenever apolitical organizations decide to make political statements unless it is a specific policy directly impacts them-e.g. Ford speaking out against a ban on gasoline vehicles.

Generally “Get out to Vote” stuff rubs me the wrong way. If they weren’t interested in voting before they are apathetic and uninformed. I don’t want those sorts of people voting even if they might vote for my preferred candidate.

As far as YouTube channels go I mostly sub to niche stuff on retro hardware and video. I get my news from GAF, Twitter (which is also awful), and my own browsing.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Anybody got a good Nintendo news Youtube channel to recommend? Just had to unsubscibe to Gamexplain for their recent video.
I left too. The channel has not been that good for a while now. I originally subscribed for analyses videos, which are quite rare these days. I liked Derrick, he was clearly leftist, but relatively cool about it. Now hes gone as well. Going full-on political was just the last straw. I watch NintendoLife videos, they are well done, and don't flood your feed with minute-long microvideos with ads longer than the video itself.

Hoping to find another good Nintendo-related channel myself as well.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I unsubscribed from Gamexplain years ago. You’re woke, fine. If you keep it out of your product, I actually kind of appreciate that.

But when they tried to start cancelling other YouTubers on Twitter, I was done. Now I see it’s going into the actual product?

Just a shame. One of the best channels in it’s heyday.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I unsubscribed from Gamexplain years ago. You’re woke, fine. If you keep it out of your product, I actually kind of appreciate that.

But when they tried to start cancelling other YouTubers on Twitter, I was done. Now I see it’s going into the actual product?

Yeah , I have been on a unsubscribing rampage lately. I really liked Tim Rogers and his Dragon Quest reviews until he mentioned something about the Transphobia stuff in cyber punk being in his review.

Andyliini

Wait, what? Tried to cancel others? First time I heard of it. Let me guess, canceled for wrongthink?

It seems they just can't help themselves really. It's almost always just a matter of time, sometimes even intentionally so and it's everywhere. Like I was watching The Boys and the first season seems perfectly fine and they hook you with that and then dickslap you in the face in the second season with fucking Stalin tier propaganda.

Oh well, current year gonna current year.

Jooxed

Gold Member

Bakugan getting destroyed in reviews. Remember when everyone thought Wayforward was working on Castlevania or a new 2D Metroid?

even Nintendo Life gave it a 3/10 lol

sorry Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity I knew you were looking forward to this one

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Bakugan getting destroyed in reviews. Remember when everyone thought Wayforward was working on Castlevania or a new 2D Metroid?

It was never going to be Castlevania or Metroid, but I swear, the game that they were working on (maybe still are) was gonna blow y'alls socks off. It most assuredly was not Bakugan.

Humdinger

Still playing through and enjoying Zelda BotW, so I thought I'd give a few additional impressions. To give you some sense of where I am, I've got about a dozen hearts, an extra wheel and a half of stamina, and two of the great beasties taken care of. I'm still scared of Lynels, but I can handle most of the other things that killed me in the early game.

I just started riding a horse for the first time. I never bothered with horses in RPGs before. I've always preferred walking to dealing with the fiddly aspects of most RPG horses (terrain issues, difficulty with combat, can't pick stuff up, random weird behavior, etc.). But in BotW, I just let the horse auto-pilot down a trail while I relax and check out the scenery.

I wish there was a way to know where you've been before. The exploration is one of the game's best features, but there is so much territory, I can't remember where I've been before. I've given myself the goal of traversing all the roads/trails in the game. To keep track of which ones I've travelled already, I'm marking them with a symbol on the map. Not a very elegant solution, but oh well.

It's a good game, for sure. I remember back when it released, I got annoyed with all the Zelda fans that were putting down Horizon Zero Dawn, which released at the same time. I guess that created a rivalry for some people, Zelda vs. Horizon. That's how it seemed at the time, anyhow. I loved Horizon (see avatar), and it bummed me a little to hear Nintendo fans constantly shitting on it. And Zelda got the spotlight and all the awards that year, leaving Horizon in its dust.

I get it now, though. I can see why so many people praised Zelda as a masterpiece and why they thought Horizon was crap in comparison. I don't share the latter half of that opinion (I still prefer Horizon's story, character, environments, visuals, and combat), but I get it. Zelda definitely does a lot of things better than Horizon did (world variety, exploration, discovery, puzzles, sheer expansiveness, inventiveness in game mechanics, etc.).

Please don't take this as an invitation to tell me why Zelda is so much better than Horizon. I've heard that plenty, thank you, lol. I'm just saying, I recognize now why Nintendo fans upheld Zelda as a masterpiece and sneered down their noses at Horizon. I don't agree with the sneers, but I get where they're coming from.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was a way to know where you've been before. The exploration is one of the game's best features, but there is so much territory, I can't remember where I've been before. I've given myself the goal of traversing all the roads/trails in the game. To keep track of which ones I've travelled already, I'm marking them with a symbol on the map. Not a very elegant solution, but oh well.

Heroes Path mode has you covered.

AJUMP23

Getting mad at Reggie for praising a cop and not joining the ACAB crowd was pretty much the final straw for me.

Why would they expect a former CEO of a major company take such a divisive stance? One thing about selling products is being able to appeal to everyone and for the most part stay out of the politics.

Top Bottom