• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You guys do this to yourselves every week.

Play some games and chill...Nintendo will reveal it when they feel comfortable with it.
ShockedGreatIndri-size_restricted.gif

Astral Dog

Great, another Mini, exactly what we needed...
Nintendo, what if you just held onto those smaller announcements and bundled them in, y'know, an actual Direct that people care about?
That twitter guy said a general is happening on September, wich i suppose could happen..

A whole year since the last real Direct 😳

Cutty Flam

Banned
Played BotW for the first time since November apparently (according to my last save) and it's still impressive

The way you find some of these shrines, the way you uncover/discover them through shrine quests are very well done. I like the riddles that the bird will sing of atop the towers as a hint. Kass is his name, that's it

I spent 120 hours with this game and still have so much to do. Even without the DLC, I'd estimate there's another 60 hrs of gameplay easily. I always love to speak with all NPCs and see everything the game has to offer so it'll be easily another 50-60 hours of playing time

Shut up !

We like to torture ourselves with games that are never going to be made !
Your logic makes too much sense , why play games we already have when we can dream of playing games we don’t.

This is how SEGA fans used to feel to be honest. :LOL:

We learned to stay disappointed and appreciate what we already have. In comparison, Nintendo has an Oasis that only just had it's Water supply turned off for awhile. :LOL:

Surprised at the responses!!!! I am honoured the rivalry is still going past 1995. :p

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh I don't mind the quiet release schedule tbh - I have a huge Switch backlog to clear already (ffs I've only had the thing a few months - I've spent stupid money on it). So many amazingly high quality games to clear that I doubt I'll run out of things to do anytime soon. I suspect the same is true for most of us. Let's finish what's on our plates before asking for dessert.

Skelterz

Tbh I don't mind the quiet release schedule tbh - I have a huge Switch backlog to clear already (ffs I've only had the thing a few months - I've spent stupid money on it). So many amazingly high quality games to clear that I doubt I'll run out of things to do anytime soon. I suspect the same is true for most of us. Let's finish what's on our plates before asking for dessert.

My backlog consists of mainly RPG’s at the moment and I’m fucking stuggling 😂 I got Xenoblade D/E the other week and I’m “really feeling it”.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
My backlog consists of mainly RPG’s at the moment and I’m fucking stuggling 😂 I got Xenoblade D/E the other week and I’m “really feeling it”.

Yeah I've got some long games to clear - Astral Chain, Paper Mario, the golf RPG whose name escapes me (I'm away from my Switch right now booooo), Final Fantasy 7 and 8, BOTW, SNES Zelda, etc. I won't be short of games to enjoy.

Still waiting on my LRG copy of Streets of Rage 4 and I am getting pissed off to be honest.

Merge games announces their release "after" LRG finish up on their pre-orders and I suspected it was done on purpose in spite of what both parties say.

I just want to play my all time favourite SEGA franchise but I have to wait until they ship it.

In a more surprising turn of events, Nintendo UK did a Newsletter DEDICATING IT TO THE GAME AND ARE EVEN STOCKING THE GAME AT £35!!!

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting on my LRG copy of Streets of Rage 4 and I am getting pissed off to be honest.

Merge games announces their release "after" LRG finish up on their pre-orders and I suspected it was done on purpose in spite of what both parties say.

I just want to play my all time favourite SEGA franchise but I have to wait until they ship it.

In a more surprising turn of events, Nintendo UK did a Newsletter DEDICATING IT TO THE GAME AND ARE EVEN STOCKING THE GAME AT £35!!!

The wait must be hellish, but let me assure you that you are in for an absolute treat. Honestly it's my game of 2020. My only complaint is the hitbox on one of the characters feels a bit cheap but that's being fixed in a patch fairly soon, so no biggie. It's both taking me back to my childhood of playing Double Dragon on my ST or going to a mates and playing SOR on his mega drive and giving me something new and modern - it's hard to explain just how good it is but trust me when I say it's worth the wait.

The wait must be hellish, but let me assure you that you are in for an absolute treat. Honestly it's my game of 2020. My only complaint is the hitbox on one of the characters feels a bit cheap but that's being fixed in a patch fairly soon, so no biggie. It's both taking me back to my childhood of playing Double Dragon on my ST or going to a mates and playing SOR on his mega drive and giving me something new and modern - it's hard to explain just how good it is but trust me when I say it's worth the wait.

I certainly hope so! It's the most anticipated game for me over everything else announced!

It's just annoying that LRG are taking this long for their first batch when Merge Games have it out there already!

Skelterz

No way they will waste Zelda on a mini Direct, it has to be something big or lies

Yeah I mean imo everything we’re seeing in these mini directs were probably meant to be all in one big normal direct due for June/July time but what with Covid there’s probably been delays because devs are working from home so they’ve had to be selective with what they show and compensate where necessary.

Zelda could easily be shown in a mini direct this is Nintendo they literally do what they want 😂, And that last direct felt so pointless it had to have been part of a bigger direct that’s been segmented you could sort of just tell.

MagnesG

Banned
There's definitely something big from Nintendo this holiday, otherwise we wouldn't get Xenoblade, Paper Mario or Clubhouse spread out throughout the year.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Working on three games at the same time right now. Origami King on my last streamer, game has been great, Mario has got moves. Slowing down a little bit for me towards the end i'm ready for it to be over.

Alliance Alive - Strongly disliking this game but i'm about halfway through. so i'm trying to see it through until the end - I play a chapter every few weeks to try to knock it out.

Crosscode- What a joy this game is, I play it on my breaks from Origami King and just finished the first dungeon. Anyone who likes old school Secret of Mana style or Zelda games I wholly recommend it. Fuck I almost broke my controller just on the first temple boss its_Ditz its_Ditz

The fact grubb is backing this too mean's its more likely. Probably the next partner showcase.
I wonder what partner it is this time. Any Capcom or Square Enix releases rumored? Or maybe a western publisher? Eh, I'm already getting too excited about this.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I wonder what partner it is this time. Any Capcom or Square Enix releases rumored? Or maybe a western publisher? Eh, I'm already getting too excited about this.

Lol don't. I am holding back my excitement after the last one. Sorry Danjin44 Danjin44

I hope it's a Square Enix. But it could be a Mini with multiple things. Who knows with Nintendo. As Grubb has stated Nintendo is Wild Card. Will Post more If I read anything. Really the only thing we have is the NMH 1 rating.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Why not just work on the backlog instead of worrying about new releases?

Because It's always fun to see what Nintendo is coming out with next and some people use their switch as a second console and don't have miserable backlogs like I do because my priorities are out of whack in life and I just purchase whatever comes next.. obviously.

Also my internet seems to be running a little slow can you help me out with that today?

Top Bottom