• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Newly Vacant Newly Vacant

I know you have the same setup as me switch lite as your "primary" switch and OG switch as secondary for mostly docked play. The place I ordered the 1 tb micro sd only had one in stock so they only shipped one and I picked up a 512 to replace my 400. Which do I use were if you were me.

At first I was leaning towards the tb stick in my TV switch but the more I think about it having it in my portable one sounds nice.
After I saw your previous post, I ordered 2 512GB cards. I previously had a 400GB and a 256GB. It's still probably overkill, but if nothing else, it's nice to have more space. I mean, I just bought the Bioshock collection and Xenoblade, that's like 55GB right there. I'm sure I'll fill up these cards in no time. There's never enough space.

Today is a surprisingly robust release day for Nintendo’s Switch. As announced a few months back, 2K just dropped several big game collections. The first is BioShock: The Collection, which features the remastered versions of all three BioShock games. The second is XCOM 2 Collection, which includes Firaxis' stellar strategy game and all four of its DLC packs. Finally, the Borderlands Legendary Collection includes the Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

In addition to 2K’s offerings, the massive open-world RPG Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition also hits Switch today. This re-release of the 2012 Wii title features updated visuals, remastered music, and a new epilogue story sequence.

Shantae and the Seven Sirens – the fifth entry in WayForward long-running platformer about a magical half-genie – also released yesterday, which might be worth checking out if you’re bored.

Mr Hyde

SHxUv91.jpg

Some new games added to the collection. Good stuff.

Fucked up that Nintendo dropped BeatEmUps from their ambassador program.

Dude was one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys around and he's "Not a good fit for the brand?" WTF

Jooxed

Gold Member
Ugh my cancellation of Outer Worlds didn't go through on Amazon and its sitting in my parcel locker at home. What is everyone else working on? I am having a fantastic time with 51 Clubhouse games and Xenoblade DE.

Also welcome back to posting switch friend @hariseldon.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh my cancellation of Outer Worlds didn't go through on Amazon and its sitting in my parcel locker at home. What is everyone else working on? I am having a fantastic time with 51 Clubhouse games and Xenoblade DE.

Also welcome back to posting switch friend @hariseldon.

You should probably set fire to the package - setting fire to things is all the rage these days. Still loving my Switch, Mario Odyssey is still giving me an absolute raging boner and Zelda is proving to be good fun too albeit less spectacular I think.

Mr Hyde

Been playing a lot of Red Faction: Guerilla and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. They are both superfun games. I'm typically not into platformers but DK is just brimming with creativity and cool looking spectacle through and through.

Red Faction is also great. The destruction and all around chaos just keeps delivering that satisfying feel of "just a a couple of more minutes, then I'll go to bed"-kinda feel. Makes me wish The Saboteur was a thing on Switch, but EA is gonna EA so whatevs.

UnNamed

Banned

Please don't use this method, is good for some time but don't solve the problem permanently, also left a sort of grease very deep on contacts and it aggravates the problem. The reason for the drifts is contacts are very dirt, so compressed air can or contact cleaner not only push dirt on the contacts but also make them even more dirtier with dirt mixed with oil.

This is the only valid method, and it is also very risky:

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Fucked up that Nintendo dropped BeatEmUps from their ambassador program.

Dude was one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys around and he's "Not a good fit for the brand?" WTF

Nintendo seems like it's heading into a shitty direction lately, in regards to taking on aspects of a certain political ideology. I've never seen Beat Em Ups say anything objectionable, but I wouldn't be surprised if he committed some kind of cancel-worthy sin by being such a fun person, and not super PC/corporate friendly.

In any case, he still has plenty of content of character, which should serve him well, unlike Nintendo lately.

StormCell

Nintendo seems like it's heading into a shitty direction lately, in regards to taking on aspects of a certain political ideology. I've never seen Beat Em Ups say anything objectionable, but I wouldn't be surprised if he committed some kind of cancel-worthy sin by being such a fun person, and not super PC/corporate friendly.

In any case, he still has plenty of content of character, which should serve him well, unlike Nintendo lately.

I finally bit on this story. Having gone in completely blind, read up on the course of events, and watched his video on it, it seems really obvious that they don't want to be publicly connected with him because of his BotW mods video. Frankly, it seems like a very painful non-break up that they're trying to do with him, ie. they will continue to send him games and event invites, but as far as everyone else is concerned they are not a "thing." Basically, the marketing team is refusing to outright can him, but someone above them upended the tea table and demanded removal is his public connection with the brand.

But I'm glad to see that we are finally kind of on the same page regarding Nintendo this year. lol

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Its pretty boring to be a Nintendo fan these days. Nothing happening 😴

I think we will get some news soon with all of those amazon listings appearing between 3rd Party Ports and a couple Nintendo published titles. We are due for Pikmin and the Mario remasters.

Also we are due for Fighter Pack 2 news this month.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I finally bit on this story. Having gone in completely blind, read up on the course of events, and watched his video on it, it seems really obvious that they don't want to be publicly connected with him because of his BotW mods video. Frankly, it seems like a very painful non-break up that they're trying to do with him, ie. they will continue to send him games and event invites, but as far as everyone else is concerned they are not a "thing." Basically, the marketing team is refusing to outright can him, but someone above them upended the tea table and demanded removal is his public connection with the brand.

But I'm glad to see that we are finally kind of on the same page regarding Nintendo this year. lol

Thanks for the info.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to can him for doing something as innocuous (and fun) as that. As far as I understand, that's not a thing that happens with other companies. Nintendo seems to think he's an employee, not an outlet of his own.

It kind of makes me distrust the current people with close relations with Nintendo. I wonder what other kind of restrictions are in place, re: criticism and free speech in regards to Nintendo platforms?

StormCell

Thanks for the info.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to can him for doing something as innocuous (and fun) as that. As far as I understand, that's not a thing that happens with other companies. Nintendo seems to think he's an employee, not an outlet of his own.

It kind of makes me distrust the current people with close relations with Nintendo. I wonder what other kind of restrictions are in place, re: criticism and free speech in regards to Nintendo platforms?

Agreed, and it's probably Japan's hard line stance against modding in all forms that has resulted in this.

I kinda distrust anyone on social media doing anything except for fishing. It's kinda hard to sell fishing tackle in your videos unless, you know, you're catching lots of fish with it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do you guys think we might get new trailer for new Paper Mario soon? I really want to see deep dive to its combat system.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Been playing a lot of Red Faction: Guerilla and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. They are both superfun games. I'm typically not into platformers but DK is just brimming with creativity and cool looking spectacle through and through.

Red Faction is also great. The destruction and all around chaos just keeps delivering that satisfying feel of "just a a couple of more minutes, then I'll go to bed"-kinda feel. Makes me wish The Saboteur was a thing on Switch, but EA is gonna EA so whatevs.

I can't remember where it came from but multiple people were saying Apex Legengs is coming to switch this year. Nate Drake was one of them.

Mr Hyde

I can't remember where it came from but multiple people were saying Apex Legengs is coming to switch this year. Nate Drake was one of them.

Apex is not for me. If we're talking EA it's their older properties that I want released. Dead Space, Deathspank, The Saboteur etc. Current EA is boring and safe. Respawn is a pretty cool studio though, Jedi Fallen Order looks legit. They should break free and go independent.

Mr Hyde

Yeah, I loved the visuals. Looked amazing. Only played Thousand year door before so I'm excited to give Paper Mario a new shot. Origami King looks like their best in many years.

carlosrox

Banned
They announced Paper Mario like two weeks ago.

I know, I'm including that. Looks incredible and I loved Color Splash.

Since last September they've only announced a few games at most. One of them was Clubhouse Games (which I love) which is only a mini-game collection.

I want some meatier titles. Anything Metroid related, BOTW2, Mario platformer, or bring back Pilot Wings or God forbid F-Zero.

And that announcement back in Sept was Xenoblade DE which is just a remaster/remake.

Where's the increased output from Nintendo? They streamlined their game dev, now show us a buncha games!

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I never played the first one. Am I missing out?
Awful game from a technical perspective, but I find it incredibly charming and endearing. Although it's worth noting that I'm a massive, massive Twin Peaks fan so I can overlook a lot of those issues because of how much the game is inspired by the show.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Awful game from a technical perspective, but I find it incredibly charming and endearing. Although it's worth noting that I'm a massive, massive Twin Peaks fan so I can overlook a lot of those issues because of how much the game is inspired by the show.

As a huge horror/suspense fan would I find anything in the game for me?

Top Bottom