• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Eevee86

cover_2.jpg

I just bought one of these. Ive never purchased anything made by f4f before, but from what ive seen this seems pretty neat. And im a sucker for mario collectibles. It wasn’t horribly expensive either. Only 120 bucks, Compared to how astronomical the price of some of their other figures are at least lol.

hopefully its not a cheapo piece of shit lol
I've gotten a few things from them. No issues with my Amaterasu, but my Shiranui didn't light up because the plug wasn't sealed against the base. They made me send a video destroying the whole thing before they replaced it.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I've gotten a few things from them. No issues with my Amaterasu, but my Shiranui didn't light up because the plug wasn't sealed against the base. They made me send a video destroying the whole thing before they replaced it.

wow thats excessive for a replacement! But i guess i get it in that these are supposed to be rare high quality collectors items...

i was eye balling the deluxe mario and yoshi set from their site.

its in my cart, and it will probably stay there for a long time until they are all sold out and i never saved up the 800 bucks it would cost me, or i actually do something smart with my money and don’t by a nearly 1,000 dollar mario statue lol

Eevee86

wow thats excessive for a replacement! But i guess i get it in that these are supposed to be rare high quality collectors items...

i was eye balling the deluxe mario and yoshi set from their site.

its in my cart, and it will probably stay there for a long time until they are all sold out and i never saved up the 800 bucks it would cost me, or i actually do something smart with my money and don’t by a nearly 1,000 dollar mario statue lol
Its so you can't just cheat them into sending you a new one. Guessing they don't want to pay to have it shipped back since it's quite a large box.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
So I've finished Age of Calamity last night and what a game it was. Put in 25 hours over the course of 4 days and enjoyed every darn hour of it. I liked the first HW just fine, but it was more of a collection of games rather than one big cohesive adventure, whereas AoC felt a lot more complete, with everything being in the maincampaign itself. I loved how all the grinding and upgrades were done in the main adventure. Anyways, very solid 8/10 title, definitely recommend.

That also makes 5 games completed in January, after LM3, Smash Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and XC2: Torna. Now I'm kinda doubting between taking a break until 3D World comes out, or starting on Ryza 2 or Diablo III which both came in this past weekend.

MagnesG

Banned
So I've finished Age of Calamity last night and what a game it was. Put in 25 hours over the course of 4 days and enjoyed every darn hour of it. I liked the first HW just fine, but it was more of a collection of games rather than one big cohesive adventure, whereas AoC felt a lot more complete, with everything being in the maincampaign itself. I loved how all the grinding and upgrades were done in the main adventure. Anyways, very solid 8/10 title, definitely recommend.

That also makes 5 games completed in January, after LM3, Smash Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and XC2: Torna. Now I'm kinda doubting between taking a break until 3D World comes out, or starting on Ryza 2 or Diablo III which both came in this past weekend.
Looks like you have all time to take it all in with these slew of game I'm a bit jealous, good for you still.
And yeah, Age of Calamity is a new mutant for DW who managed to break out from the niche prison because of how solid and cohesive its execution is, Persona 5 Strikers next.

Chastten

Banned
Looks like you have all time to take it all in with these slew of game I'm a bit jealous, good for you still.
And yeah, Age of Calamity is a new mutant for DW who managed to break out from the niche prison because of how solid and cohesive its execution is, Persona 5 Strikers next.

Haha, well, I work during the holidays so my time off is in january. Just had a couple of weeks vacation and nothing to do because Covid.

Also, I kinda wish Nintendo would just buyout KoeiTecmo at this point. They already receive most of their output anyways, except for the main DoA fighters I guess. I generally like their games, I just dislike their DLC practices in most non-Nintendo published games. I installed DoA5LR on my media center PC the other day and it has like 2k worth of cosmetic DLC, that's just insane when I already bought the 3th iteration of a full €60 game.

MagnesG

Banned
Haha, well, I work during the holidays so my time off is in january. Just had a couple of weeks vacation and nothing to do because Covid.

Also, I kinda wish Nintendo would just buyout KoeiTecmo at this point. They already receive most of their output anyways, except for the main DoA fighters I guess. I generally like their games, I just dislike their DLC practices in most non-Nintendo published games. I installed DoA5LR on my media center PC the other day and it has like 2k worth of cosmetic DLC, that's just insane when I already bought the 3th iteration of a full €60 game.
We didn't get any kinds of DoA ports though, well except for that beach vacation game. :messenger_smirking:
Also Nioh.

Then again KoeiTecmo is pretty big and I'm not sure Nintendo would like changing the symbiotic status between both of them, Next Level Games for example is a premeditated purchase started by their owner to force Nintendo to make their move unless they want lose their Luigi Mansion devs.

But overall KT is probably the closest company that Nintendo could potentially purchase if they wanted to.

Last edited:

gtrwll

Just happened across Astral Chain on sale at my local store, I had been meaning to get back to it after borrowing it initially from the library when it came out. I almost finished it already back then, but I’ll have to replay it for the kittens.

Woopah

Whatever that means.

The actual quotes are quite interesting. In 2020 they said they wouldn't launch any new hardware that fiscal year.

In 2021 they're saying they won't announce anything soon, not that they won't release new hardware this year (current focus are the Mario and Monster Hunter bundles).

MagnesG

Banned
The actual quotes are quite interesting. In 2020 they said they wouldn't launch any new hardware that fiscal year.

In 2021 they're saying they won't announce anything soon, not that they won't release new hardware this year (current focus are the Mario and Monster Hunter bundles).
They released the recent statement probably so that people would buy those bundles before the next iteration comes out. :messenger_smirking:

Yeah, I've been playing this co-op with my daughter and we're closing in on finishing all the side missions (I've heard there's 161 but not sure, we're at 148). We've done everything on Hard mode thus far although we did try Very Hard a couple times and it's ... very hard, especially for the last batch. There's really so much to do if you incorporate upgrading characters and maxing out individual weapons. Very balanced game I'd say, which is refreshing, since you can choose your difficulty. Also a TON of cut-scenes and interesting story for us BOTW fans. 8/10 seems too low, but 9/10 seems too high so I'd say 85/100. :)

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Corgi1985

Banned
Everything is just so boring. All w have are wiiu ports and sequels. Where is all the new weird shit? Lab o was bad.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Last edited:
So, finally finished Astral Chain. What a fucking amazing game, and that soundtrack omg. I hope we get a part 2 soon, even though I don't know how they're gonna connect it.

Now I'm still wondering if I should finish Xenoblade chronicles and Bayonetta 2 before I buy anything else.

Zannegan

Then Switch pro late 2021 maybe.
Ugh. And that's the earliest we can hope for at this rate. Unless... summer? I had my little heart set on a Spring release like the original, but they probably wanted to save it for the next fiscal year or something.

I don't know why I want one to be announced so badly. I don't honestly expect a substantial upgrade. Any improvement would be welcome though. I've been avoiding Age of Calamity after hearing about performance issues.

Elevate the discussion then. Probably start with not entering in a Nintendo thread with this kind of comment.
Credit where credit is due

Taking it up the ass apple style has really paid off for you Nintendo guys

Would the 10th post sucking nintendo's dick be acceptable?

How about I continue to post like i normally do and you stop whining

So, you should continue to shitpost to get your lols on the Internet without contributing any value to a discussion?
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

DGrayson DGrayson

Maybe he would if you guys dealt with shitposters like this.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Elevate the discussion then. Probably start with not entering in a Nintendo thread with this kind of comment.

Eevee has been in this thread since it's creation. It's frustrating for us when other Nintendo threads devolve into HAHA GAMEZ FOR 12 YEAR OLDS with nothing being done about it. It's like we are quarantined to this one thread on GAF.

I tried to be the change in GAF for Nintendo Culture and create threads on things Nintendo and build this thread. It just gets old when people are coming into threads and talking down on things that others enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom