• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm more concerned with the MTX strategy. World/Iceborne were littered with cosmetics.
I'm hoping there won't be MTX in Rise, but if it's there I hope they just keep it cosmetic. If it's actual monster parts for creating weapons and armor then it will kill the entire point of the game.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Glad I did some research before ordering Crystal Chronicles Remastered from Play-Asia. Apparently the Japanese version only supports Japan text and audio. A shame.

Anyway, next week Nintendo will announce their funancials for Q3 of FY2020. How much do you think Switch has sold? It should be close to 80 million shipped by then. It needs to sell 76 million to beat 3DS and at least 82 million in order to beat PSP and GBA. The rest are still too far away to reach that quarter.

Glad I did some research before ordering Crystal Chronicles Remastered from Play-Asia. Apparently the Japanese version only supports Japan text and audio. A shame.

Anyway, next week Nintendo will announce their funancials for Q3 of FY2020. How much do you think Switch has sold? It should be close to 80 million shipped by then. It needs to sell 76 million to beat 3DS and at least 82 million in order to beat PSP and GBA. The rest are still too far away to reach that quarter.
Hmm. I hope 80 million or more. I want the Switch to be the obvious way forward for Nintendo.

Jooxed

Gold Member

I did 0 research and now have a Japanese copy of crystal chronicles physical lol

Shaqazooloo

I might skip 3D World, it was my second least favorite 3D Mario and I'm not sure if I'm up for replaying it, I would much rather work on my backlog.

Might change my mind if the online and side content seems worth it.

Intoxicate

Orta

Banned
A little off-topic but here goes anyway. Does the WiiU Pro controller work out of the box for the Switch and likewise, the Switch Pro controller work for the WiiU?

I've got an unopened WiiU since about 2015 and a pile of games for it, I think its time to give it a whirl.

With save states, rewind, and a real time clock out of the way, FPGAzumSpass is working on improving the GB core accuracy for MiSTer FPGA:

Guy is moving from core to core implementing new features and correcting deficiencies.

bender

What time is it?
It is as it appears. The game did not inspire confidence.

It's a triumph. In an age when even bad games are mostly average and forgettable, this manages to set itself apart from the pack. It reminds me of something you'd find on the original Playstation before the DualShock was introduced.

There is a game on the eShop up for pre-order called Steam Prison and the price is $65.49. According to the internet it's an Otome Game. I have no clue what that is but there is a demo.

200.gif

Last edited:
It's clickbait, basically he says it's January so theirs still most of the year left, so forget about it for now so it'll be a surprise when you do see it. It was a nothing statement tbh.
Hmm. Interesting.

Still, I stand by my reactionary and hyperbolic statement. It's vaporware and Bayonetta 3 doesn't exist!

Chastten

Banned
Finally started Age of Calamity and it's a great game so far, much more cohesive than the first HW game was.

Also made me realize how much of a casual gamer I am, since while I do notice a few framerate drops here and there, it's by no means gamebreaking, both in handheld and docked. Seeing people claim this game is unplayable makes me chuckle. Those guys should have been there in the N64 days.

Last edited:
Finally started Age of Calamity and it's a great game so far, much more cohesive than the first HW game was.

Also made me realize how much of a casual gamer I am, since while I do notice a few framerate drops here and there, it's by no means gamebreaking, both in handheld and docked. Seeing people claim this game is unplayable makes me chuckle. Those guys should have been there in the N64 days.
Yeah, agree. The only time I notice the slowdown is when I'm doing 2 player with my daughter and we're both doing graphics-intensive strong or special attacks at roughly the same time. I've seen it drop pretty low (10-ish fps) in that situation but normally it's not something I notice or care about. As you said, we've lived through much worse.

Woopah

So Ruby Party is confirmed as the developers for Buddy Mission: Bond. This means that every single Koei Tecmo developer (apart from Gust) have now collaborated with Nintendo.

Crazy how close those two companies have become in recent years.

Umbasaborne

Banned
cover_2.jpg

I just bought one of these. Ive never purchased anything made by f4f before, but from what ive seen this seems pretty neat. And im a sucker for mario collectibles. It wasn’t horribly expensive either. Only 120 bucks, Compared to how astronomical the price of some of their other figures are at least lol.

hopefully its not a cheapo piece of shit lol

Top Bottom