• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I know. I'm firmly in the puffy vulva camp.
At least you aren't in the horse pussy camp.

NxVoFd2.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
WTF leave me out of the sheer tism you unleashed upon this thread.
There should be a warning in this thread.

WARNING: WILD PACK OF NINTENCHADS, approach with respect and don't fuck with us.

And also honor the legacy of @OutrageousFacts.
My friend who is a big Nintendo fan but is also schizophrenic and likes to post in a weird patronizing way is taking a short vacation and now this thread needs a steady influx of low effort LARPing. So for the next few days I'm Doug Bowser. Metroid V confirmed, @Tesseract get back ITT!!

O0G01vq.jpg

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Could Nintendo please release some games so this shit stops?

I’m currently working through Horace, Hades and Galaxy, with a side order of Ring Fit.

Horace was a real surprise, far more fun than I expected for a £1 punt with a cool story and some nice platform mechanics. Hades is proving pretty addictive, the combat is tonnes of fun and as I’ve previously mentioned for some reason it scratches the same itch as SOR4. Galaxy keeps on amazing me though this Bowser dark matter level is making mashed potato of my brain.

I’m pretty sure my wife got me ring fit because she thinks I’m fat.

Woopah

It’s a bit too much OT for my taste as well. I miss the times when Emily or Mr Zell were dropping infos, that focused the whole speculation and avoided such talks.
There's still some info out there even if it isn't coming from Emily or Zell. Nintendo is on track to have a good year I believe.

Impotaku

To take a break from the depravity in here.

Been playing a lot of taiko no tatsujin on switch in fact i have been mainly playing a lot of music rhythm game stuff recently. The switch tatacon controller is ok but it lacks the recoil to do satisfying drum rolls, i do own it's older brother that hori released in a very small print run for the wiiU version of the game & sold it through their hori online store sadly while it works fine with the Wii & WiiU versions of the game it wouldn't connect to the switch version due to the plug been the wii type connector. I discovered brooks super converter that actually lets you accomplish this i wanted to finally test it out. The hori pro drum is stupidly high quality and you can do drumrolls on it really easy, not in the same league as the taiko force level 5 drums but it's a middle ground between the cheaper official one and the taiko force level 5

Boom supersize.
tGCfbAU.jpg

to0C5nq.jpg

Wasn't as plug n play as i'd hoped it took some fiddling to get my switch to detect it i had to plug it into a wii remote then sync that to the adapter. Also realised i couldn't just select it as the drum controller in the taiko menu when playing, i have to lie & tell the game i'm using a control pad and you have to change the controller type to 3 as otherwise you get dons & kas been hit at the same time when you hit the don. If you select the drum controls it auto defaults to type 4 which will not work as you'll be missing the don inputs the only other thing is dialing down the lag timing i have it almost there but i still need to tweak and play with the settings as my internal clock is telling me it's off, thankfully there's enough buttons on the wiimote to access the menus and do the calibration test button 1 on the remote acts as X on the drum controller on the switch version.

The arcade bachi that come with it are really heavy as they have rubber sleeves on like their arcade conterparts do but i'm not used to the weight of them when playing at home so my playing is sluggish so i switched to wooden bachi which has helped, glad i can finally use my older controller on the newest switch version.
pkYDCD8.jpg

Jooxed

Gold Member
Could Nintendo please release some games so this shit stops?

I’m currently working through Horace, Hades and Galaxy, with a side order of Ring Fit.

Horace was a real surprise, far more fun than I expected for a £1 punt with a cool story and some nice platform mechanics. Hades is proving pretty addictive, the combat is tonnes of fun and as I’ve previously mentioned for some reason it scratches the same itch as SOR4. Galaxy keeps on amazing me though this Bowser dark matter level is making mashed potato of my brain.

I’m pretty sure my wife got me ring fit because she thinks I’m fat.
Gotta git rid of the COVID pounds😂

I bought ringfit for my wife because she wanted to use it and it was used once or twice now collecting dust.

the more I see about SOR4 the more I want to pick it up. I’m not usually into beat em ups but the artsyle and music look and sound so great.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta git rid of the COVID pounds😂

I bought ringfit for my wife because she wanted to use it and it was used once or twice now collecting dust.

the more I see about SOR4 the more I want to pick it up. I’m not usually into beat em ups but the artsyle and music look and sound so great.
I got rid of those long ago and then Christmas happened.. got rid of those Christmas pounds already. I'm fighting fit. As for SOR4, you absolutely need to get it. There's just something a bit special about it - the rhythm you get into in fights, there's nothing out there to touch it.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Balance, everyone. An OT should be able to be fun, and community centric sometimes, but if you tip too far in that direction, you’re going to make enemies, and mods are going to get involved.

Both regular game discussion and fun are two sides of the same great coin here. Don’t ruin it.

Tbh for me the issue is that I just end up having to skip past a whole bunch of crap and it’s possible someone might be posting something decent but it just gets lost in a sea of bullshit. A lot of it frankly belongs on virgin gaf. I don’t post in this thread very often at the moment and it’s because of this shite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I have also betrayed you all and I have been playing Demon Souls so I haven’t been around as much.
Would like to see if stick to on topic more. There are other outlets for the depravity we get into sometimes.

Rejoice, we should be getting a lot of Nintendo News soon.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh for me the issue is that I just end up having to skip past a whole bunch of crap and it’s possible someone might be posting something decent but it just gets lost in a sea of bullshit. A lot of it frankly belongs on virgin gaf. I don’t post in this thread very often at the moment and it’s because of this shite.
Im sorry I failed you NintendoCHADS I wont post again.

DESTROYA

On news stuff it looks like limited run games is releasing a physical version of scott pilgrim for the switch & ps4 i'm happy to see this come back and moreso that it's physical so the same shit can't happen to it again.

Is the game better than the highly overrated comic book ?
Someone recommended me to read it and it was so boring and stupid and I still can’t believe they made a movie about this trash fire.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Nah, they're gonna re-release Wind Waker and Twilight Princess separately, and then a separate compilation for older games, and then BOTW 2, and then Super Mario Galaxy 2 DLC, and I'm going to buy all of it.

Come to think of it, I bought the TP re-release on the WiiU and never actually played it. I regret it. That was a rough time, man.

Stouffers

Banned
Nah, they're gonna re-release Wind Waker and Twilight Princess separately, and then a separate compilation for older games, and then BOTW 2, and then Super Mario Galaxy 2 DLC, and I'm going to buy all of it.

Come to think of it, I bought the TP re-release on the WiiU and never actually played it. I regret it. That was a rough time, man.
I recently rehooked up my Wii U to play Metroid Prime 3. After beating it, I started zero mission on Wii U for like the 4th time. I noticed the icons flr Zelda WW and TP. I bought the remakes but never played them.

Word on the street is that we're getting some sort of Zelda-themed limited edition hardware get announced next week. Zelda Direct perhaps?

I’only buy it if it was the new Switch pro. Otherwise I’ll wait.
I always kind of wanted the LE Zelda WiiU... if it is a real thing, though, I'd only be interested if it was a Switch Pro.

Really, though, I just want to hear about the games.

I never owned a Wii U until I bought a used CIB WW edition.

I kind of think they’ll package the HD remakes together like 3D Allstars. We already have the GCN Zelda collector’s disc.

Astral Dog

REngine looks lovely on the Switch 👌

The environments look a little low poly/rough in places but everything else is very good, character/monster models, textures and effects (dat water is pretty 🌊)

whats most impressive is that the game runs well while pushing more expansive/open areas than we are used to see on the REngine, even if they don't look as detailed obviously

haven't tried portable mode however

Last edited:

Skelterz

Anything Crazy happened been away for a while any directs or anything leaked? I keep seeing people mention a new switch revision can somebody get me up to speed seems like nintendo has been awfully quiet for a while.

Astral Dog

Anything Crazy happened been away for a while any directs or anything leaked? I keep seeing people mention a new switch revision can somebody get me up to speed seems like nintendo has been awfully quiet for a while.
Switch was leaked in new patch or something, OLED screen, 4k dock other than that we don't know anything and are still waiting for Nintendo 🥶

Woopah

To put it simply, Nintendo's reaction to the pandemic has been to focus their marketing on the very short term, only announcing things quite close to release.

From rumours and an analysis of their teams Nintendo should be set for a very strong release schedule in 2021. What we don't know is how those games will be announced. Does Nintendo feel confident returning to doing general Directs, or are they more comfortable with the flexibility they get from doing Twitter drops?

On the hardware front, it looks like a more powerful Switch revision is coming in the 2nd half of 2021, possibly with the ability to upscale to 4k. But nothing is confirmed

We could also see a special Switch announced next week (not a revision) but again just a rumour for now.

Skelterz

Thanks guys I don’t feel I’ve missed a great deal, I have a dilemma though I’m playing through P4G on steam right now but I sorta wanna grab TMS for switch..I know SMTV is coming this year as well so I don’t know if I should grab Tokyo?? Should I just stick with P4G

MagnesG

Banned
Thanks guys I don’t feel I’ve missed a great deal, I have a dilemma though I’m playing through P4G on steam right now but I sorta wanna grab TMS for switch..I know SMTV is coming this year as well so I don’t know if I should grab Tokyo?? Should I just stick with P4G
Finish P4G first then you can try TMS maybe later. Definitely a decent entry to experience.

Top Bottom