• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Humdinger

Go play with your dog - the Switch is there forever and won’t mind if you neglect it but a dog is your best friend for 10 years. Don’t waste them.

Oh, I love dogs; I'd never actually neglect him; I was just playing around.

I spend a lot of time with him. Two or more hours of walks every day. Two or three drives to different city parks. Lots of couch time, petting and affection, just hanging out. We take naps together and spend time in the backyard. He gets the best food I can buy. He's a happy dog, very well taken care of. If anything, he's a bit spoiled. He can handle me playing a videogame a few hours a day.

:)

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I love dogs; I'd never actually neglect him; I was just playing around.

I spend a lot of time with him. Two or more hours of walks every day. Two or three drives to different city parks. Lots of couch time, petting and affection, just hanging out. We take naps together and spend time in the backyard. He gets the best food I can buy. He's a happy dog, very well taken care of. If anything, he's a bit spoiled. He can handle me playing a videogame a few hours a day.

:)

Good to hear it. I have cats who are equally spoiled. When one of them jumps up for a cuddle the Switch (or any other device) goes off immediately. It's usually the black and white one who wants a cuddle - the black one is usually too busy knocking things off the mantelpiece.

Jooxed

Gold Member
is...is this now a Nintendo show your pets thread?

itpZ0Lq.png

iVcwq7w.png

Wkhxxbu.png

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I do have a cat too, who sleeps all day and keeps me up all night by messing with the blinds and wanting to be pet only at night.

DkIR2Ke.jpg

Ah yes our black cat is like that. Destruction in the day, then cuddles at night. Then at 5am screaming for food. Our other cat is silent, leaving him to be spokescat.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so damn is there no big title coming out this holiday? i would have hoped by now we would hear something 1st party or something else.

hoping for a surprise Direct in the next week or two announcing some must have title.

otherwise, my Switch has turned into a retro console for the moment being. working my way through Simon's Quest and the rest of Castlevania Anniversary in honor of the Halloween month.

Jooxed

Gold Member
so damn is there no big title coming out this holiday? i would have hoped by now we would hear something 1st party or something else.

hoping for a surprise Direct in the next week or two announcing some must have title.

otherwise, my Switch has turned into a retro console for the moment being. working my way through Simon's Quest and the rest of Castlevania Anniversary in honor of the Halloween month.

There's going to be another partner, but no holiday game other than AoC

DESTROYA

Good to hear it. I have cats who are equally spoiled. When one of them jumps up for a cuddle the Switch (or any other device) goes off immediately. It's usually the black and white one who wants a cuddle - the black one is usually too busy knocking things off the mantelpiece.

Isn’t that the cat that tore your hands to shreds?
Yeah your cat is probably telling you pet me or see what happens, cats are bitches like that.

As for everyone wishing for a remake just give me 3DS Kid Icarus remaster for the Switch dammit !

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Isn’t that the cat that tore your hands to shreds?
Yeah your cat is probably telling you pet me or see what happens, cats are bitches like that.

As for everyone wishing for a remake just give me 3DS Kid Icarus remaster for the Switch dammit !

Yep - that's the one. Honestly he's got the most insane claws. He's really quite impressive.

Humdinger

Here's my little fella.

I0JKh7XKNFO_Vei9KHHvFulwp3aVjgaKpfFG57n8DgnKbihLrmnclhPzNMo0dyxEEmF_a-c2Q9fBhiUO7Sk8jq30o6prBMaIXLokT61BpPZ4XJCW3q6omAuAPxphRRu9YeAJz3BHc3kKuqHwf07Ob9HHLekSWqc-EHn7gXQk7NKqRS2vBqQ2-ddO3jj-OQWtE236hWllmcUgZJP7o19zm5PNnyLbknaJJINaQQ_QykamcYDBZbB5WUs30ucejMKme5ir4qQruVbc6jk7A_gdCSv9xrCmWQrr3TyG0oAOvWMoYZpAhnPA2nmX8L5dAXqdN3TlRfkUxXXmq_XevkXH2KbSWGhkLQIuXkvg2XHb4WCsqjHpsOxOLh2PE5KAYUcJOuEet1fNTr-M9ZBWcBzKs90ksvcLx1sn6pUZ9z8NBCVjxWLbJDrnYSVXFTy_uZl5vhpA5nLdDOQIMni2Ol1ZEfQX80tHNE9CdycXyZLgM8NDslc-Da9mqaFEBTcLqMV2v1AYps5zt_mPrzO7-7xsdupXXPMB_jtPLMnZS4fu70vgiVTKneRUsxrW0w80rdQ3_gWDW0rZk7I-nhg1cYNzEFFb_8R23ymf1pqlxV_acKc-HDBx4uG0iPWXNHzs-7L00GeupqKzVXDS6ArqGStiCD-mcgbO-ZQgZD-rT35BtfuN9Hh0SIO2UQihV_-Sow=w569-h758-no

Nice. Of course, cats are usually less dependent than dogs are. If my dog had his way, I'd spend all day every day attending to him. He can be a little needy sometimes, lol.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Of course, cats are usually less dependent than dogs are. If my dog had his way, I'd spend all day every day attending to him. He can be a little needy sometimes, lol.

You haven't met Niko (black and white - Roman is the black cat)! He's part cat, part dog [plays fetch, demands cuddles], part squirrel [bushy tail and runs like a squirrel]. He's an odd creature.

Why... why would you do this to me? I god damn adore Minish Cap, and would fucking love this to happen... and now I'll be waiting, every single month for the next 5 years for this to happen... aaaaaaaaaaaa

Minish Cap is so, so good. The GBA library overall is underrated as fuck, it's the best handheld Ninty ever did and I'll fight that battle until death.

Anyway, here's my dog:

juca.jpg

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Is there a way to delete other users' comments?

Also did anybody pre-order Mario Kart Live? It sold out everywhere. I am hoping to pick it up on sale like LABO down the road.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I’m starting to regret not buying physical copies of everything. I have everything digital, and it’s getting to be a pain re-buying games for my kids. What a fool I was to assume Nintendo would have family game sharing!

I was under the impression that if your account was one of the accounts on any given switch that the other profiles on that Switch would have access to your games. My wife's account can access my games on our Switch for instance.

ExpandKong

Banned
I was under the impression that if your account was one of the accounts on any given switch that the other profiles on that Switch would have access to your games. My wife's account can access my games on our Switch for instance.

I think it only works that way if that Switch is your account's primary Switch. I'm not 100% sure though it's all a little murky. Like, your wife's account can access your games on your Switch because that's your account's primary Switch. If you had a second Switch in the house and hers was primary on that one and yours was secondary, I don't think she'd be able to play your games from her account.

This is just based off some half-assed experimentation I did with my brother's Switch a couple months ago.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I think it only works that way if that Switch is your account's primary Switch. I'm not 100% sure though it's all a little murky. Like, your wife's account can access your games on your Switch because that's your account's primary Switch. If you had a second Switch in the house and hers was primary on that one and yours was secondary, I don't think she'd be able to play your games from her account.

This is just based off some half-assed experimentation I did with my brother's Switch a couple months ago.

Interesting - I'll have to dig further into that. That said, most of our content is physical tbh as it usually works out cheaper, so we're not too badly off.

Top Bottom