• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Museum - The Greatest OTs of All Time (or at least, some of the great ones)

Komatsu

Since it's a slow day in the office and people here are complaining about this not being an enthusiast gaming forum, I decided to go ahead and compile some of the greatest OTs this forum has ever seen. Suggestions are welcome. Let's have some fun digging through the archives.

PS: With one notable exception, I won't quote any of my own OTs here.

So:

#10 - Assassin's Creed II - PS3/XB360 (2009)

From the back in the days when people still used IGN screenshots,.

#9 - Valkyria Chronicles 2 - PSP (2010)

What a nice little thread, with the OP even including codes on how to unlock characters in the game. Crazy to think it's over 10 years old.

#8 - Nier - PS3/XB360 (2010)

Love the fact the OP included a flowchart to help you decide which version is the best!

#7 - The Witcher 3 - PS4/XBO/PC (2015)

The Witcher 3's third OT is a great example of a classy, useful thread. The OP is amazing and the commentary was great.

#6 - Far Cry 3 - PS3/XB360/PC (2012)

We had a lot of packed OTs at that time, but this one is still one of my favorites. Including profile pics for people to use at the end is a nice touch as well. Some hilarious posts as well.

#5 - Bioshock Infinite - PS3/XB360/PC (2013)

Stellar OT, a pity all image links are broken now.

#4 - Cyberpunk 2077 - XBO/PS4/PC (2020)

At the risk of sounding immodest, this OT was a lot of fun to create. Worked on by five people at different times, it includes assets, deep lore explanations, great GIFs... Hats off to all the people who helped!

#3 - Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn - PS3/PC (2013)

One of my favorites of all time for the sheer amount of information. The images are mostly all missing now, after so many years, but the content is still top notch. Scroll down for the text version.

#2 - Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age - PC, XBO, PS4 (2017)

Possibly one of the last big threads of old GAF. Great info.

#1 - Skyrim - PS3/XB360/PC (2011)

Absolutely fantastic OT. One of the best ever. I particularly like the part where he dives into TES lore. This is the gold standard.

---

Feel free to post your suggestions, memories, etc. I love going through old OTs for information when replaying something older.

*Yes, I added the CRINGE tag.

Last edited:
You know what they say: "All roads lead to Skyrim". Your ACII OT has the wrong link.

That aside, I didn't enter the CP2077 OT until I came across this thread since I'm not playing the game. Suffice to say, great job from you and the other five. It does harken back to the great OTs of old.

DKehoe

Gold Member
I remember MGS 4 having a great one. And loads of us changing our avatars to have eyepatches in anticipation of the game.

You can find it here. It's a pity all of the images are now gone. So you can't really see what it was like. But it being 38 posts long maybe gives you a sense of how crazy it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom