• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, help me get my Dualshock 3 working on my Win7 PC

Banned
It only took me three minutes to fiddle around in the settings to get my Dualsense to work perfectly fine for Dead Space, a game from 2008.

they aren’t as plug and play as Xbox but nowadays (especially modern games which even support ps face buttons as options like monster hunter world and especially when you play in big picture mode which has native ds4/DuSe support) they’re damn close enough.

when you play on Steam the DualShock 3 controller is just as plug and play as the DualShock 4 for the most part tho
the DualShock 4 is more plug and play as the DualShock 3 but if absolute plug and play is priority an Xbox SX controller is the way to go. for PC extra features the DualSense is the way to go. there you can use DS4Windows to emulate X-Input and have multiple options to use a mouse cursor with it (touch screen, gyro and multiple ways to activate/deactivate it)

and I say DualSense because it's just way better than the DS4, the DS4 can do the same, but fuck nah!

Last edited:
I know this comment is unnecessary but I don't understand who likes to use Dualshock 3. Imo it's probably the worst modern controller and I was so glad that I chose X360 for my main console for that generation.

Dualshock 1 and 2 where good for the time and for a childs' hands.

Larxia

You need to install the official drivers for the dualshock 3 if you want to use the steam input feature, otherwise it won't work by default, steam will see the controller but no inputs will work.
The drivers used to be shipped with PS Now, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore, you can download them here:

I think SCP toolkit ( https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit ) is still the option that works the best, but I don't really like having the service constantly running in the background, it also shows a "search for update" notification every single that and you can't turn it off, which is pretty annoying.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think SCP toolkit ( https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit ) is still the option that works the best, but I don't really like having the service constantly running in the background, it also shows a "search for update" notification every single that and you can't turn it off, which is pretty annoying.

Yeah, it works the best wired, but the bluetooth connection is still flaky and you need to be really careful how you set it up as isn't terribly intuitive and you can easily end up tying devices to its service that don't belong there.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I still play NCAA 2014 (last one that came out). Still fun but looks pretty damn antiquated compared to next generation Madden. Ps3 copies were going for $100 on eBay during the pandemic.

Top Bottom