• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf Gaming Discussion: Age of users

How old are you?

• 10-15

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 15-20

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 20-25

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • 30-35

Votes: 125 33.1%
  • 35-40

Votes: 98 25.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 89 23.5%
  • 25-30

Votes: 44 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
tenor.gif

Jeeves

31. Feels like the whole forum grew up with me, because I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only 18-year-old lurking here back in the day.

Humdinger

I'm in the 40+ bracket, in fact way into it (58). Encouraging to see 20% or so falling into this bracket. Would've preferred to see it broken down a little more into 40-50, 50-60, 60-70, but whatever.

If I ever got back into MP gaming, I'd want to organize an old fogey GAF squad.

Trimesh

Banned
I used to think capital-A Adults existed out there somewhere before I made accounts on Twitter and Facebook

They exist - but they don't post on Twitter or Facebook. Honestly, I don't even look at those sites because back when I did I lost pretty much all hope for humanity.

Soodanim

Gold Member
You can usually feel the age of user through their posts.

Or feel their maturity level.
This is why I'm surprised at the poll results, if true. I've seen way too many posts that made me think "There's no way this person is an adult".

Last edited:
35, and a little saddened to learn a large swathe of the people I'd assumed were much younger than me apparently are not.

Although at least this goes a long way towards explaining how pro free speech and indifferent to being offended we generally are. Thank goodness for (situational) maturity!

TLZ

Banned
We're old as fuck and in no way representative of the vast majority of "gamers" worldwide. Nothing new here. At some point this industry will not be paying attention to us anymore.
I think it's quite the opposite. You'd be surprised how many adults now, who started gaming in the 80s, play games. We can't just let go of great nostalgic memories that easily. Plus, gaming is still fun :)

And I'm 40.

Top Bottom