• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF game of the year 2018 game list - NOT THE VOTING THREAD

benjohn

No love for Detroit?

My personal list is not decided yet. I have five candidates:
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
shadow of colossus
Celeste
PS. I remembered another one
Forza Horizon 4

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
1. Octopath Traveler
2. God of War
3. Red Dead Redemption 2

Honorable mention: Astro Bot

1. God of War
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Grim Dawn
5. Hollow Knight

Honorable mention: Rubbernecking the Fallout 76 news has entertained me vastly more than games I have spent money on and played.

thief183

Well... I dunno

Divinity Original Sin 2 if we consider the definitive edition is clearly number 1
Hollow Knight
Forza horizon 4
Grim Dawn
Kingdome come Deliverance
Dead Cells

The choice is beetween this for me

Nelsin

Banned
I missed so many good games this yer GoW-RDR2-Spider man.

I only played smash ultimate and its actually pretty fun.

kyussman

I'm new here and gonna be useless at these game of the year lists.

I rarely play games on release but often buy them a little later and then they go in my backlog......

.........then I forget which year they came out,lol.

I know Far Cry 5 came out this year,I played that but thats not gonna win it for me though,I have God of War and Red Dead 2 on my shelf and I'm just finishing up Spider-Man which has been really great.

Did Dark Souls Remastered come out this year,think it did......I played that.....does that even count......thats probably the best game released this year I played(was my first time through it).

shira

Sadly, the only game I played on that list is Artifact and it is nowhere near GOTY.

I imagine it will be God of War or Spiderman since I've heard nothing but good things about those two.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I am guessing Battlefield V is going to sweep the awards.

I'd be surprised if it wins one. I'd imagine God of War is going to lead the pack.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Holly shit I completely forgot that Shadow of The Colossus remake also came out in 2018. I played it and LOVED it but I don't know why I kept thinking that I played that game in 2017. This game will also goes list of games I played in 2018 that did not disappoint

mejin

Mine:
God of War
Dragon Quest XI
RDR 2

Really loved Yakuza (6 and Kiwami II), Spider, Detroit, Ni no kuni II, DB FighterZ, Hokuto, 428, SotC, VC 4 and more.

2018 was really great for me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Via Gamesradar, some remaining releases from December:
  • Solar Flux [Switch] – December 11
  • GRIS [PC, Switch] – December 13
  • Below [XBO] – December 14
  • The Spy Who Shrunk Me [PC] – December 18
  • Catastronauts (EU) [Switch] – December 24
  • JCB Pioneer Mars (EU) [Switch] – December 24

AV

cormack12 cormack12 so are we definitely keeping ports on the list..? I could see straight-up remakes like SotC and Spyro that rebuilt the game from the ground up but seeing Wolfenstein 2 on there is weird. Gonna be weirder when Final Fantasy 7 hits Switch next year.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
I'll give a shout-out to the terrific software lineup at Atariage.com, who are doing a fantastic job of supporting the classic game systems. Mappy on Atari 2600 is definitely a GOTY contender. Runners-up would include Defender of the Crown on Atari Jaguar and Track & Field on Colecovision.

On Sega Dreamcast, Battle Crust is a new vertically-scrolling arcade shoot-em-up that looks and plays great. Ghost Blade was also given a re-release on DC this year with a cool new cover design. On Genesis, Tanglewood is a brilliant 2D platformer with excellent cartoon visuals and was created by a team of Genesis-era veteran programmers.

Top Bottom